HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holdouts Weaken Wild and Thin the Oil!

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 12:01 PM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Holdouts Weaken Wild and Thin the Oil!

The Oilís viscosity at center was thickened if maybe not quickened with the addition of Oates down the middle. Adam adds his much-needed slick backhanded draws at the dot; plus his experienced hockey hands will help mature the young Oiler hands with which he will work. But never seeking to be the center of attention, the 41-year-old usually looks to pass-off the glory. And while the Oilers need assistance to score goals, they also need goal scorers, who of late, have lost their Midas touch.

Speaking about gold bricking it, one wonders if Comrie will ever find his way to Kansas or wherever he want$ to really call home? But being Home Alone come Xmas will only compound this winterís comedy of errors for the little mortarless man so unwanted. Mikeyís, Wizards of Ooze, rich with a pungent Aromatherapy gone rotten, never counted his courtiers before he hatched his holdout hustle. So left Lowe, miserable Mike, caught within his dream delusion treads along his yellow brick road, comes to a crossroad, and must decide towards which wicked witch he should travel. 'Twis a costly road, calcified by broken foul/fowl shells, and MC still egged-on, gets stained by the yoke of now knowing his ruby skates are not gem studded, yet still he retains his bitter pride. Just maybe playing 2nd line center anywhere, even for less money (even in the place of his birth), is starting to look better than a: Donít Get Paid a Cent Event Until 2005 . Discounted sales returns come Boxing Day lack the spirit of a season and can ruin a timely gift.

The holdout trap, has as well, maimed the Wild at the start of this yearís hunting season. Given Gaborikís groin problem, which made Marian deny that the problem was not caused by missing training camp and the first eighth of the season, has but 2 goals for, and 5 points which, to date, havenít added up to extra payroll gold against - paid. It would seem the new Robin Hoods of the NHL steal from the filthy Rich and share not with the lowly hoodwinked fans. The Dupuis quotient, just 6 points in 15 games, hasnít helped balance the accounts receivable much either. Minnesota 2-6-2-0 in its last 10 games sits 14 in the Western Conference standings. Edmontonís 5 game no win skid has the Oilers and Coyotes each with 23 points, effectively tied for 12th spot in the WC and 4 spots back of a playoff berth.

The maimed Wild and thinned Oilers, both winless in five games, need desperately to break their respective season high losing streaks! So tonightís tilt at that Place branded by Rexall promises to send one group of pretendersí home with searing headaches while the other team self-medicates with that winning elixir. Letís all hope Rexall is really our brand and we have dibs on the Pillbox that stimulates those winning ways.

Old
12-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
YOUR POST
Your undeniable talent is appreciated. It would have been even more appreciated back in my days of lore imbibing in magic tabac, whilst listening to my good friend Frank Zappa.

Old
12-03-2003, 12:38 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Your undeniable talent is appreciated. It would have been even more appreciated back in my days of lore imbibing in magic tabac, whilst listening to my good friend Frank Zappa.
Ya', I always wanted to be "a dental floss tycoon," but my Japanese was just too limited to become a Shogun in Montana. Rock On Dude!

Old
12-03-2003, 01:43 PM
T-Rexall

Wow - many...many layers to your writing style OYLer.
I had painfull flashbacks to my first attempts at comprehending the works of Chaucer...

Successfully alluding to Shakespeare, The Wizard of Oz, Robin Hood, Home Alone, and on a personal note for Comrie - The Brick while discussing the Comrie "non-trade" and tonight's game is really quite an acheivement.

OYLer this post is deserving of the Stanley Pucklitzer.

Old
12-03-2003, 01:53 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rexall
Wow - many...many layers to your writing style OYLer.
I had painfull flashbacks to my first attempts at comprehending the works of Chaucer...

Successfully alluding to Shakespeare, The Wizard of Oz, Robin Hood, Home Alone, and on a personal note for Comrie - The Brick while discussing the Comrie "non-trade" and tonight's game is really quite an acheivement.

OYLer this post is deserving of the Stanley Pucklitzer.

Ah yes, you best be wearing your thinking cap to read his posts; which is why I am not even pretending to have comprehended a word he said today (it has been an abnormally long day - wrote an economics exam, came home and rewarded myself by studying for a double whammy on Saturday; oh yes, Nipissing U has exams on Saturdays; Organizational Development and Change, and Management Accounting).

It was a good post OYLer; and despite it being a little more direct than usual, it still went over my head...then again if you wrote "Comrie bad; York good", it would still go over my head.

Old
12-03-2003, 05:05 PM
T-Rexall

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
Ah yes, you best be wearing your thinking cap to read his posts; which is why I am not even pretending to have comprehended a word he said today (it has been an abnormally long day - wrote an economics exam, came home and rewarded myself by studying for a double whammy on Saturday; oh yes, Nipissing U has exams on Saturdays; Organizational Development and Change, and Management Accounting).

It was a good post OYLer; and despite it being a little more direct than usual, it still went over my head...then again if you wrote "Comrie bad; York good", it would still go over my head.
Comrie - ugh - those exams sound brutal - I can't believe that about the Saturday exams - is nothing sacred anymore?

I was an English major so the obcsure literary/ hockey aficionado style is intriguing, albeit a little bizarre, but intriguing none the less. I just knew the advanced Shakespeare class I took would come in handy - granted I am a little shocked that it would become useful - for the first time EVER - on the hfboards?!? - But whatever...

Closed Thread