HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Its been fun Jarkko

Old
01-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
Its been fun Jarkko

Immo has been sent back to Hartford, may all the Renney mishandling the youth comments commence

Quote:
UPDATE, 3 p.m.: In hindsight, I suppose it was a bad sign when he was wearing a yellow jersey in practice today, but the Rangers just sent Jarkko Immonen back to Hartford after scratching the center for the last five games. I wish I had more insight into the rationale behind it, but this took place after practice, when we all left the Training Center. I would suspect this might mean the team wants to call up a wing in case Jaromir Jagr can’t play tomorrow
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Last edited by Finest: 01-08-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Kinda saw this coming. He hasnt been playing, he needs a game.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Good for me in Hartford.

<3 Jarkko

With Dawes scoring, and Jarkko back, we look nice.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Immo has been sent back to Hartford, maybe all the Renney mishandling the youth comments commence

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/
my bet is Isbister gets called up. He has been playing well of late. Callahan is hurt, not sure for how long. Id love it if they called up Korpikoski

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Goin back to Cally?

http://www.nhl.com//nhl/app?service=...ticleid=287003

My guess is Callahan will be back If Jagr doesnt feel up to it. RW swap, easy.

Edit: ^ Didnt know Callahan was hurt. there goes that idea.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Better to be playing in Hartford than spectating in New York I guess.

I honestly don't have a problem with Hossa playing in Jagr's spot if we're talking about a game time decision. The 4th line center du jour can then move to wing where he belongs and Immo centers the 4th line, but what do I know?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Ehh, I've stated numerous times my desire for an all under-26 NYR squad, but Jarkko hasn't done a whole lot. I still think he ought to centering the third line, but what can you do.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:45 PM
JRGNYR

I do like Immonen a lot but the way the team is structured, plus management's continuing concern over his lack of foot speed is going to hamper his opportunities in NY. That's just the unfortunate truth.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Larry Melnyk

Smart move, Let Jarko play some in Hartford....

The C's are all doing well in NY right now in their given roles...And IMMO is the odd man out...If CUllen was hurt--another story..But the question mark healthwise right now is Jagr and it's better off to have a W recalled and one that can skate ..We'll see who it is..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Nich

does anybody have jarkko's address so i can send him a jump rope? so tired of these foot speed comments....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Good for me in Hartford.

<3 Jarkko

With Dawes scoring, and Jarkko back, we look nice.
Didn't know any players came to the boards. Sorry about the demotion man hahah

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
I thought he had to clear waivers before being sent down?

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 04:25 PM
TheRedressor

I would call up Isbister and skate Hossa in Jagr's spot if he is not good to go.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:42 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

maybe dawes gets the call.....5 goals in the last 6 or 7 games i believe

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:47 PM
shoothepuck

At least he'll get to play in Hartford. You guess it's Isbister vs. the Fishsticks tommorow.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 06:28 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I'd guess it's Isbister

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 06:35 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I'd guess it's Isbister
yeah that would be the ranger way. what a youth movement

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 06:38 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
yeah that would be the ranger way. what a youth movement
normally I would agree, but we were man handled for the most part physically last time these two teams met. We will not have Orr either so we need some muscle in the lineup. Isbister has played with heart in his few games with us. In the Florida game Gratton shoved Rozsival and Bister was all over his ***.

4th line of Isbister-Ward-Ortmeyer is exactly what we need to get the W.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I don't think Immonen deserved a callup but he played well in his few games. He never deserved to get scratched..not with Hall showing NOTHING game in and game out..Last season when Hossa played poorly he showed more than what Hall has shown...

When your team has weakness at center especially on faceoffs there was no excuse for Immonen to be sent down..

It's obvious (and you know not totally without good reason) that the Rangers are not high on Immonen at al...

The interesting thing will be how does Immonen react to the move...When he didn't make the team out of camp he played awful hockey for the first month of the season. I gotta tell you if he goes down to Hartford and has another October than this was probably his last shot with the Rangers..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 10:26 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I don't think Immonen deserved a callup but he played well in his few games. He never deserved to get scratched..not with Hall showing NOTHING game in and game out..Last season when Hossa played poorly he showed more than what Hall has shown...

When your team has weakness at center especially on faceoffs there was no excuse for Immonen to be sent down..

It's obvious (and you know not totally without good reason) that the Rangers are not high on Immonen at al...

The interesting thing will be how does Immonen react to the move...When he didn't make the team out of camp he played awful hockey for the first month of the season. I gotta tell you if he goes down to Hartford and has another October than this was probably his last shot with the Rangers..
Guess you were wrong...he's not all that good after all...

Old
01-08-2007, 10:43 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
What an asinine statement. Perhaps you thought of that between Colton Orr thoughts.

The guy played a handful (11 games some with minimal ice time... 24 seconds in one period...) of games and had more points than anyone on the bottom six in that time, but yes he indeed sucks. Not to mention the best face off percentage on the team. He should be this teams third line center and Ortmeyer, who looks terrible, should be sitting.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
The day TBBB and SOS agree on something i'm buying a lottery ticket, because I think the chances of them agreeing are lower than me winning the lottery.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 10:50 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
What an asinine statement. Perhaps you thought of that between Colton Orr thoughts.

The guy played a handful (11 games some with minimal ice time... 24 seconds in one period...) of games and had more points than anyone on the bottom six in that time, but yes he indeed sucks. Not to mention the best face off percentage on the team. He should be this teams third line center and Ortmeyer, who looks terrible, should be sitting.
Ortmeyer, who looks terrible? Where'd you get that from...the 2 phantom calls the other night? Don't know what you dislike about Jed now. For some of you...anyone who plays physical stinks and vise versa. Unbelievable. Jarko is not a 3rd line center...he's a scorer. He had more points...centering the 2nd line. You need to understand that teams have roles. You can bring in all the scorers you want...but you need the Hollwegs, Betts, Hossas, etc. Heck...you even need the Colton Orrs...or enforcers. This is a team...not a group of scorers

Old
01-08-2007, 10:57 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Ortmeyer, who looks terrible? Where'd you get that from...the 2 phantom calls the other night? Don't know what you dislike about Jed now. For some of you...anyone who plays physical stinks and vise versa. Unbelievable. Jarko is not a 3rd line center...he's a scorer. He had more points...centering the 2nd line. You need to understand that teams have roles. You can bring in all the scorers you want...but you need the Hollwegs, Betts, Hossas, etc. Heck...you even need the Colton Orrs...or enforcers. This is a team...not a group of scorers
Immonen is a scorer? He has offensive ability but is a fine two way player.

Yes Ortmeyer stinks. He's not a good hitter, he's slow, he has no offensive ability, and hasn't blocked shots. I'm sorry this isn't a "I hate physical players" post because well Ortmeyer isn't that physical. If he's physical ... Hossa is physical.

And yes you SHOULD get some offensive scoring from your bottom six as has been discussed ad nauseum.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Immonen is a scorer? He has offensive ability but is a fine two way player.

Yes Ortmeyer stinks. He's not a good hitter, he's slow, he has no offensive ability, and hasn't blocked shots. I'm sorry this isn't a "I hate physical players" post because well Ortmeyer isn't that physical. If he's physical ... Hossa is physical.

And yes you SHOULD get some offensive scoring from your bottom six as has been discussed ad nauseum.
You want guys who can skate....coach has said it himself...he's not very good at it. He's not slow at all...he's thrown a number of good checks...you knew he had no offensive ability before he came back...and let him get into the flow of things...then he'll start diving every where and PKing. Sure you should....but it comes secondary. You're not looking to put a scorer on your bottom 6 and Jarko Immonen is a top 2 line center. If he can't make it there then he's taking the job of a defensive center...or checking center...which is what I think Hossa WAS doing...but he proved me wrong. Doubt Immonen can do that...especially given his size, and lack of NHL experience at his age