HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Straka?

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 09:14 PM
stardog

vCash: 500
Straka?

Hey guys. Just wondering how he looked in his first game for the Kings? Who did he skate with? How much ice did he see? Was he on the first PP unit? Kill penalties? Fight?(j/k).

Apparently Strbak practiced for the first time and Edzo was more than impressed. He made a point to single out his mobility and passing skills. Then again after watching what we have on Defense who wouldn't be impressed. He may play tomorrow night against the Flyers, Ill let ya know how he does.
Is he a physical kinda guy?

Also for those of you interested there is an article on Anshakov in the Tribune review.....

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_168009.html

Last edited by stardog: 12-02-2003 at 09:32 PM.
Old
12-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Frolov

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Hey guys. Just wondering how he looked in his first game for the Kings? Who did he skate with? How much ice did he see? Was he on the first PP unit? Kill penalties? Fight?(j/k).

Apparently Strbak practiced for the first time and Edzo was more than impressed. He made a point to single out his mobility and passing skills. Then again after watching what we have on Defense who wouldn't be impressed. He may play tomorrow night against the Flyers, Ill let ya know how he does.

Also for those of you interested there is an article on Anshakov in the Tribune review.....

Straka played with Stumpel and Trip. He was his usual self basicaly.

Strback scored 2 goals against the Flyers the last time we played lol.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog

Strbak was highly touted over the summer as a guy who could come in and contribute to our PP, kind of like a semi replacement to Schneider even though he was an older Euro whow as drafted in 93. DT went on and on about him leading the world championships? in +-, and how he was paired with Lubo, hence some team chemistry already. He's big, but not overly physical as I remember. He'll help you guys out on the blueline, but I have a feeling he's kind of like Modry, in that he'll put up some points, but will let the guy skate right around him without using his body.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Straka actually left the game temporarily in the second period after being checked into the boards by Tkachuk near the King blue line. He returned later than expected, in the third period, because on-site doctors hired by the Blues did not respond quickly, Murray said.

"Martin Straka gets hurt in the seven-minute mark of the second period and the doctors finally get to our dressing room in the intermission," Murray said. "We were screaming for the doctors and they don't show up. That's unacceptable. I told them that too. We'll call the league on that."

Straka was diagnosed with a bruised right shoulder but said he would play Thursday against the Dallas Stars.
I think that he will fit in with the Kings just fine. Only took him less than half of a game to get injured.

Old
12-03-2003, 09:10 AM
punchy1

Bloody hell. I hope he is top notch for Thursday. If he gets tagged so quick you have to start taking a look at the way we play our style of game. I mean, maybe it is the fact that we play a puck control trap where we don't really initiate contact and try not to allow the other team to as well. I don't know, you have to figure that it could have something to do with our passive style or something along those lines for how many and how often our top guys are hurt. Amazing. I am not suprised though that the bloody blues pulled this type of a caper. Dirty team, dirty doctors. No suprise by me. Any team with that hacking thug Tkachuk and his mate Pronger on it won't suprise me at all if they allow those type of things.

True though, it has to make you wonder what IS going on to make those sorts of things happen so frequently to all of our top guys.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:05 AM
Jacob

He was probably just nervous. Straka is pretty good at keeping his head up and bracing himself for hits and all that.

Closed Thread