HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Brad Watson has become the worst referee in hockey

Old
01-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
He crosschecked Smyth right in the back.
You do know what a cross-check is, right? It's a forward and back motion with both fists clenched extending from the chest. Gorges only gave Smyth a shove and it was hardly with fists clenched. Either way, I can live with the calls that were made against the Sharks but the things that the Sharks couldn't get away with was the things that the Oilers were able to get away with. It's just a matter of consistency and eventually Watson won't be officiating Shark games so it just might happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeMoZ View Post
No when i say "End of Discussion" it lets other people know that everything after this, posted by Sharks fans, is just *****ing.
If you have nothing to actually offer, which you don't, I suggest you troll somewhere else.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You do know what a cross-check is, right? It's a forward and back motion with both fists clenched extending from the chest.
a cross-check is just a forward motion, what does back motion have to do with a cross-check when you push with the stick? I gave and recieved a lot of cross-checks and I don't see how back motion has anything to do with cross-checking, so please tell me how a back motion has anything to do with a cross-check.

Last edited by Vyse64: 01-11-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Vyse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:53 PM
TeMoZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
If you have nothing to actually offer, which you don't, I suggest you troll somewhere else.
NHL Talk buddy not the Sharks board.

TeMoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
DarkShark*

Quote:
No when i say "End of Discussion" it lets other people know that everything after this, posted by Sharks fans, is just *****ing.
Oh, and since when did you, with your "Best in the West" byline and NIEDERMAYER avatar, from Irvine, CA, all of a sudden become a neutral POV in this thread?

DarkShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 02:00 PM
TeMoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Oh, and since when did you, with your "Best in the West" byline and NIEDERMAYER avatar, from Irvine, CA, all of a sudden become a neutral POV in this thread?
Because i hate both teams, equally

it would be the same if i liked them equally or if a didn't have an opinion equally.

Old
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
DarkShark*

Quote:
Clearly you do not yet grasp the meaning of "troll". Trolling is posting incendiary marks in a thread in order to generate heated responses from people so you can find someone to have a pissing contest with. Trolling does not require the post(s) to be on another team's board. If you've ever frequented any other forums that don't involve team competition of any kind, you would have a better idea of this.

Old
01-11-2007, 02:07 PM
DarkShark*

Quote:
Because i hate both teams, equally

it would be the same if i liked them equally or if a didn't have an opinion equally.
Yeah, I'm sure you hate perennial bottom feeder Columbus just as much as your cross-state rival who also happens to be your biggest threat to deny you a top-three seed.

Old
01-11-2007, 02:11 PM
TeMoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you hate perennial bottom feeder Columbus just as much as your cross-state rival who also happens to be your biggest threat to deny you a top-three seed.
Im talking about Edmonton and San Jose, not Columbus, you know the game that happened last night.

Old
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
tgerace23

Hey if you guys want to flame each other take it to PM, this post is about Brad Watson not your ego.

tgerace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:06 PM
OntOilFan

These threads are embarassing.

Yes, Sharks fans, the NHL is out to get you. They want you to lose. They will call penalties so they will achieve their goals.

We all know the officiating can be bad. I doubt there is a team in the NHL who hasn't been hurt by poor calls this season. But to come on the main board after your team loses and call So-and-so the worst ref in the game is absolute garbage.

Get over yourselves. And grow up. We shouldn't have to be bombarded with this crap on HF.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
NHL officials are held accountable for their mistakes. It is just not public news, for obvious reasons.

If you want to say they are not held accountable, prove it, and do it without any smartass comments like "they still have jobs. "
Magoo with the worst call in the last several years and he doesnt even get a fine, let alone a suspension.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Keep it civil, please.

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Crosby87.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
Magoo with the worst call in the last several years and he doesnt even get a fine, let alone a suspension.
^^^^^^^

Crosby87.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 04:37 PM
g3ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post

Yes, Sharks fans, the NHL is out to get you. They want you to lose. They will call penalties so they will achieve their goals.

We all know the officiating can be bad. I doubt there is a team in the NHL who hasn't been hurt by poor calls this season. But to come on the main board after your team loses and call So-and-so the worst ref in the game is absolute garbage.

Get over yourselves. And grow up. We shouldn't have to be bombarded with this crap on HF.
How many times does it have to be said this isn't just about Sharks fans? Watson's latest blunders in the Sharks-Oilers game just added to the huge mistake that he made in the Sharks-Blue Jackets game.

When are people gonna realize that there fans out there who don't have aren't blinded by their teams? I hope you realize that the Blue Jackets were playing the Sharks when Watson made that agregious mistake.

Please, I beg you, stop just attacking a group of fans without knowing the whole story. Watson made several mistakes in the Sharks-Oilers game (there were mistakes both ways), please just admit that and don't attack people. If you saw the same game I did, don't be blinded by the fact that your team was playing. Watson has been very bad in two consecutive games, and many other people would agree with me on that.

g3ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 05:28 PM
kashirat

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3ryder View Post
How many times does it have to be said this isn't just about Sharks fans? Watson's latest blunders in the Sharks-Oilers game just added to the huge mistake that he made in the Sharks-Blue Jackets game.

When are people gonna realize that there fans out there who don't have aren't blinded by their teams? I hope you realize that the Blue Jackets were playing the Sharks when Watson made that agregious mistake.
Everybody tries to be unbiased, but the second you have a 'favorite' team, that goes out the window. I'm sure people TRY to be unbiased, but that really doesn't work out when you support a specific team...

I didn't get to watch the game, so I can't see what may or may not have been missed. You mentioned the one interference call as one blatant miss call. Were there any others?

You have to remember that he isn't the only referee out there and not the only one calling the game.

Watson has been reffing the game for more than 10 years... Did he just suddenly decide to start sucking against the Sharks in 2007?

I'm not saying you're right or you're wrong. But you can't say you're unbiased.

kashirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83 View Post
a cross-check is just a forward motion, what does back motion have to do with a cross-check when you push with the stick? I gave and recieved a lot of cross-checks and I don't see how back motion has anything to do with cross-checking, so please tell me how a back motion has anything to do with a cross-check.
Don't ask me, that's the NHL's own definition of a cross-check. And you're missing the point that what Gorges did wasn't with clenched fists as it was a shove, not a check, therefore not a cross-check.

Quote:
All you did was insult an entire fan base and say that that's the end of it. Trolling if I've ever seen it doesn't only happen on team boards, it happens everywhere online and you were guilty of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post

It's embarassing that you point the finger at the Sharks fans when the Oilers have been guilty of crying over Mick McGeough's glove pass call, right or not. Now you're gonna sit there and mediate whether Sharks fans shouldn't come here to post when the Oilers did the same thing? I think you need to take a good look at yourself and your fan base and its past actions before dropping the hammer on anyone else. If you have a problem with any thread, don't read it. Simple as that.

Old
01-11-2007, 05:46 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

That SJ/EDMONTON GAME WAS HARD TO WATCH...

and I'm totally impartial

01-11-2007, 05:46 PM
melubsdonna

Hey fans of Anaheim, San Jose, and Edmonton, lets all get together and have a BBQ. We can roast ducks and make shark fin soup. I offer my cozy house.

melubsdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
OntOilFan

Quote:
It's embarassing that you point the finger at the Sharks fans when the Oilers have been guilty of crying over Mick McGeough's glove pass call, right or not. Now you're gonna sit there and mediate whether Sharks fans shouldn't come here to post when the Oilers did the same thing? I think you need to take a good look at yourself and your fan base and its past actions before dropping the hammer on anyone else. If you have a problem with any thread, don't read it. Simple as that.
For the record, I never joined the *****fest over McGeough. I simply don't have the heart to complain about officiating. What's the point?

All I'm saying it gets quite tiresome to see these threads time after time about so-and-so should be fired for being a horrible ref. 100% of the time it's a fan of a team who just lost a game because of perceived bad officiating on the behalf of said referee.

I'm not saying the threads are invalid. But it should take more than 1 game and a little more objectivity to start a thread over the merits of a particular referee. If it's going to be a thread based on one game and perpetuated by fans of one team, keep it on the team board.

And you're right, I don't have to read the thread. But you didn't have to respond to me.

Simple as that.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Crosby87.*

Quote:
Don't ask me, that's the NHL's own definition of a cross-check. And you're missing the point that what Gorges did wasn't with clenched fists as it was a shove, not a check, therefore not a cross-check.

All you did was insult an entire fan base and say that that's the end of it. Trolling if I've ever seen it doesn't only happen on team boards, it happens everywhere online and you were guilty of it.

The only difference is the Sharks deserved the penalties they got, while Edmonton actually did nothing wrong and got called for glove pass. I don't see any difference at all to be honest

Old
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby87. View Post
The only difference is the Sharks deserved the penalties they got, while Edmonton actually did nothing wrong and got called for glove pass. I don't see any difference at all to be honest
Edmonton did nothing wrong? Tell me what was Thoreson doing checking Bell into the boards when the puck was at the point. That's doing nothing wrong? Consistency is the issue. If you let Edmonton get away with that, and whether they should or not is not what I'm arguing, then you have to allow San Jose to get away with the same chippy things which they didn't.

Old
01-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Crosby87.*

Quote:
Edmonton did nothing wrong? Tell me what was Thoreson doing checking Bell into the boards when the puck was at the point. That's doing nothing wrong? Consistency is the issue. If you let Edmonton get away with that, and whether they should or not is not what I'm arguing, then you have to allow San Jose to get away with the same chippy things which they didn't.
No no, I'm talking about the glove pass thing. That was the comparison he made.

Old
01-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

If they make these little ticky tacky calls in the playoffs it will seriously piss me off... The refs need to stop decieding games..

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby87. View Post
No no, I'm talking about the glove pass thing. That was the comparison he made.
But it's still a bad call either way that cost them a goal and in that it is a fair comparison. Oilers didn't do anything wrong on the glove pass that wasn't but it cost them a goal. The Thoreson interference that should've been called directly led to a goal in a game that was decided by one goal. All I'm saying in that post was that fans shouldn't point the finger at another fan base for referee criticism when they did the same thing.