HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For those who watched tonight...

Old
01-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Rin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Doesn't Staios have the flu?

Anyway, I can't believe the Avs traded Gilbert for Salo. Mind boggling really. I loved Tommy, but he was struggling and Aebischer was Colorado's starter.
According to 630ched, that is why he sat tonight. Marty must have given him his flu.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:15 AM
rigger

I was impressed with Gilbert. He never once had a bad give away. He played against Joe Thornton a few times and managed to be a +1 with 13+ minutes played. Very smart pinches and wise plays. Would have loved to see him snipe on the PP.

I was very impressed with his composure and play for this being his first game. He already is a much better passer then Gator.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

IMO you've got to keep Greene, he's a guy that can wage war come play-off time. It's always nice to have guys that can move the puck, but you also need guys that can put people on their butts when there's a goalmouth scramble. And it's also very nice to have a guy that can instill frea into opposing forwards coming through the neutral zone. IMO un-less Smith continues to play as well as some of you said that he did last night, the odd men out for next year would be Tjarnqvist, Smith, and Bergeron. IMO at least one of them will be gone by the trade deadline. IMO Roy will become a solid player with more NHL experience, same with Greene, Smid, Gilbert, etc. Staios will stay as our "vet" and Hejda is far from a rookie although this is his first go-around in the NHL. If we do trade for a guy like Pitkanen we would still need a veteran D. The good thing is that out-side of Smid, the rest of these guys aren't really young per-se, just in-experienced.

Staios-Smid
Greene-Hejda
Roy-Gilbert
Veteran D

01-11-2007, 05:49 PM
vb

Agreed, unless one of the up and comers has a physical game, I prefer to keep Greene around. He's pretty mobile for a guy who is so strong.

vb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Sethis

I know it's one game and all, but maybe some people who've seen him in college or the A can chime in too...

Does Gilbert look more like a Phillippe Boucher or a Tom Poti, because from what I've heard/read, I got some serious fears that he could wind up like another Tommy gun.

GLad to hear he played well though, thanks to everyone who has been chiming in.

Sethis is offline   Reply With Quote