HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2007, 01:10 AM
  #1
westcory
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Game Questions

Does anybody know why Sykora and Nedved didn't play for the last 6 minutes? I really liked the Nedved-Pisani-Torres pp line. Gilbert didn't look bad which was good and Hejda looked much better. Gator is far better when playing with Hejda than when he plays with DT.

I also hate to say this in the wake of him stopping 30 shots but Roli doesn't look like his head is a little out of the game. His playing of the puck just freakin sucks and as soon as somebody comes near his net he starts complaining before the whistle is called.

westcory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 01:16 AM
  #2
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcory View Post
Does anybody know why Sykora and Nedved didn't play for the last 6 minutes?
Because the Oilers were up by 1 and Mac-T didn't want to play with fire.

Quote:
I really liked the Nedved-Pisani-Torres pp line. Gilbert didn't look bad which was good and Hejda looked much better. Gator is far better when playing with Hejda than when he plays with DT.
Nedved had the 5 on 3 PPG, and they had that brief flurry tonight, but aside from that he's been horrible on the PP. Everytime the puck and another player goes near him, the puck ends up outside of the zone.

I'm just glad they haven't put him on the 1st pp unit.

Quote:
I also hate to say this in the wake of him stopping 30 shots but Roli doesn't look like his head is a little out of the game. His playing of the puck just freakin sucks and as soon as somebody comes near his net he starts complaining before the whistle is called.
He looked pretty good today. He over-played the puck a bit, but you can chalk that up to trying to help out the defencemen. He's trying to do a bit too much, but his head is definitely where it's supposed to be.

__________________
TheSpecialist - MacT thinks he was that good of a hockey player when in actuality he was no better then a Louie Debrusk.
dawgbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.