HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Owning San Jose since game three

Old
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II View Post
I don't believe anyone blamed the officials for the 6-4 loss. That was just a choke by the Sharks.

The Sharks lost the playoff series due to a lack of cojones and Oiler cheapshots.
The cheapshots can be blamed on the refs because they would have been curtailed if the refs had called the playoff series properly.
Please try and list all the cheapshots we gave you guys.

And don't say the Torres hit because Smyth got hit the exact same way by one of your players in Game 1 or 2 (can't remember which game)

Fact it, San Jose ran around the 1st 2 games and tried to scare the Oilers and act tough. In the end they weren't willing to back it up when Edmonton decided to turn things up a notch.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
It's a huge overstatement to say that we've owned them. In the 6-4 win, the Oilers caught fire in the 3rd period of a game they probably were outplayed in, and in last nights game, San Jose was owning the Oilers IMO. We were very fortunate Roloson was having a good night and San Jose kept missing open net shots.
I seem to remember Ryan Smyth breaking soem guy named Gretzky's quickest hat-trick record that night too.

Dr_Gonz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Shoulder to head is roughing now?

He had his head down, he got rocked, live with it, and hope Michalek learned from it so it doesn't happen again.
I agree and disagree with this.

A) I think blowes to the head need to be eliminated from the game. The result of one is almost always injury.

B) Racing up center ice while looking over your shoulder to get a pass is pretty dumb. It reminded me of the hit by Scott Stevens on Eric Lindros while he was crossing the blueline with his head down in the playoffs that year, Michalek is lucky he wasn't more seriously injured.

Dr_Gonz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

I'm sure the definition of "own" includes being outshot 34-16 and thoroughly outplayed?

The Oilers were definitely the better team last May. They were tougher, faster, more experienced, and it showed. Apart from one third period, they haven't owned the Sharks, or even anything close to that, this season.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Wilson View Post
I'm sure the definition of "own" includes being outshot 34-16 and thoroughly outplayed?

The Oilers were definitely the better team last May. They were tougher, faster, more experienced, and it showed. Apart from one third period, they haven't owned the Sharks, or even anything close to that, this season.

06-07 seasons

Sharks 0-2
Oilers 2-0

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Thresher

The Oilers have not *owned* the Sharks except in the Win column, where it matters most

The performances between these two clubs has been relatively even otherwise, & the six consecutive wins by the Oil isn't really indicative of the competition displayed on the ice

A few bounces & breaks the other way and I'm sure a few Sharks fans would be claiming *ownage*...but that's hockey

I look forward to the next meeting

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Except Torres' hit on Michalek should've been a roughing penalty. Playing the body doesn't mean hitting someone in the head. It's not just Shark fans that think that was cheap. The OLN broadcast team called it that at the time the hit was made.
LOL@ hitting a guy shoulder to head a roughing penalty? haha.
that's been happening in the nhl for years and years... scott stevens has taken out players left and right. CLEAN hits. NO penalty called. that torres hit was no different.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post

A) I think blowes to the head need to be eliminated from the game. The result of one is almost always injury.

B) Racing up center ice while looking over your shoulder to get a pass is pretty dumb. It reminded me of the hit by Scott Stevens on Eric Lindros while he was crossing the blueline with his head down in the playoffs that year, Michalek is lucky he wasn't more seriously injured.
until the league makes it illegal for guys to hit with their heavily padded shoulders... then it's all good...

by no means do i want guys bein hurt like michalek from torres in the palyoffs or williams from torres a few months ago... but they are legal hits according to the rulebook. not dirty as people make it out to be because they were 'head shots'.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:28 AM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0 View Post

but how do you get rid of blows to the head without taking hitting from the game?

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Raoul Duke*

Bad karma guys. San Jose is a dominant team. I hope I don't kick off a fury from saying this.

Raoul Duke* is offline   Reply With Quote