HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

LW Vladimir Tkachev - Moncton Wildcats ( #39 Overall 2013 Import Draft)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-12-2013, 11:21 AM
  #1
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,840
vCash: 500
LW Vladimir Tkachev - Moncton Wildcats ( #39 Overall 2013 Import Draft)

He's confirmed to be joining the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL). Any info on this kid ? What type of player ? Where will he go in the 2014 NHL draft ? What kind of impact in major junior ? Potential ?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=211956

There's some video of him at the bottom left of this link...

http://moncton-wildcats.com/

Thoughts ?

* I had this in the prospects section but didn't get a single response so figured I'd give it a try here.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 05:32 PM
  #2
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Can I haz a link with the confirmation that he is joining Wildcats? Because last time I heard, he wasn't sure if he should leave Omsk.

I would say he reminds me of an advanced version of Sergey Tolchinsky: he is a smart attacking winger, has a lot of skill and sure knows how to get on the scoresheet. Needs to gain strength.

About the draft, it is really hard to predict now, as the season hasn't even started. Also the Russian Factor and his lack of strength could make him fall down the list. But if we are judging just by the talent, then I would say 2-nd round.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 07:32 PM
  #3
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,840
vCash: 500
Unfortunately I can't find an online link from the Times and Transcript but Danny Flynn(Director of Hockey Operations) has confirmed several times that he's 100% commited to the Wildcats for this upcoming season. I'll post the link when I find it.

There's also this via Igor Eronko on Twitter..

"U18 WJC team Russia best scorer Vladimir Tkachyov will join Moncton Wildcats as soon as he gets Canadian visa - expected in mid-August"

There's also this youtube clip of Danny Flynn discussing the Euro draft and Vladimir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrTH...ylWpksm81cd16g

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 04:07 PM
  #4
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Unfortunately I can't find an online link from the Times and Transcript but Danny Flynn(Director of Hockey Operations) has confirmed several times that he's 100% commited to the Wildcats for this upcoming season. I'll post the link when I find it.

There's also this via Igor Eronko on Twitter..

"U18 WJC team Russia best scorer Vladimir Tkachyov will join Moncton Wildcats as soon as he gets Canadian visa - expected in mid-August"

There's also this youtube clip of Danny Flynn discussing the Euro draft and Vladimir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrTH...ylWpksm81cd16g
I hope for him he stays in Russia. It's his attitude. He thinks he deserves a spot on the big team. This kid really has no idea about grown ups hockey yet and has already got some expectations. He needs a brain installed. When he bolts now he will only have to face those wrong assumtions' results later, maybe too late.

Aside from that, he's a gifted player, a first rounder if everything goes well.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 11:34 AM
  #5
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,840
vCash: 500
It was reported in today's Times&Transcript by Neil Hodge that he's expected to join Moncton in early September after visa issues are resolved.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:13 PM
  #6
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
If he decided to go to NA, then I really hope that he and Barbashev will be able to continue with the chemistry they had at U-18 WJC

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 01:18 AM
  #7
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I thought in the Russian press he said he was training with Omsk and would "see" what happens after camp? Lets say he sticks with the big club, I cant see him going to CHL. Im not saying those reports are wrong Im just saying could their be a chance he changes his mind? Any insight from Russian posters? BTW He scored a goal yesterday in exhibition.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 04:23 AM
  #8
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
He has a good chance to stick with Avangard talent-wise but he's extremely undersized even by the KHL standards. But as long as he has a fighting chance for that roster spot with the big team I understand he wants to stay and try to take it and that makes a lot of sense.

Frankly, if I was in his shoes I would stay in Omsk anyway because his KHL roster spot surely isn't three years (he would have to spend in the CHL) away.

__________________
no kind of logic, intelligence or philosophy can ever win a fight against ignorance, superstition or stupidity (Justinov) - a thing to remember on HFBoards
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 01:40 AM
  #9
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
He has a good chance to stick with Avangard talent-wise but he's extremely undersized even by the KHL standards. But as long as he has a fighting chance for that roster spot with the big team I understand he wants to stay and try to take it and that makes a lot of sense.
That's what I understood from SE interview a few weeks ago. But the CHL guys think its a done deal that he is going to the CHL. I guess we will have to see how it plays out. I think even though he is not ready (he does look super tiny out there) I think it would be wise for Omsk to keep him around (if he signs a multi year deal) Omsk can get a few really good seasons from him in the future (even if he is useless this season).

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 02:30 AM
  #10
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 759
vCash: 833
he's what? even smaller than tolchinsky? what khl?

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 03:23 AM
  #11
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
he's what? even smaller than tolchinsky? what khl?
I guess you've heard about that Anisin fella for example, haven't you?

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 05:16 AM
  #12
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 759
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
I guess you've heard about that Anisin fella for example, haven't you?
so now every undersized kid can play in the khl at the age of 18 because there's such player as anisin. good logic, well done

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:12 AM
  #13
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Sorry, it is probably an off-topic, but...

Actually I don't understand one thing about some of the Russian prospects:
Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the phrase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?


Last edited by Caser: 08-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:51 AM
  #14
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 759
vCash: 833
Quote:
Sorry, it is probably an off-topic, but...

Actually I don't understand one thing about some of the Russian prospects:
Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the frase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?
why such players as anisin are able to be competitive in the khl?

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 08:29 AM
  #15
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Sorry, it is probably an off-topic, but...

Actually I don't understand one thing about some of the Russian prospects:
Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the frase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?
They do have among the fittest kids in Europe/worldwide. My guess is a lot of sports so they are very active. Ex. Lithuania were basically 90 % of kids growing up play basketball is # 1 in Europe.

http://www.vexen.co.uk/countries/fil...sity_chart.jpg

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 08:47 AM
  #16
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,630
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Sorry, it is probably an off-topic, but...

Actually I don't understand one thing about some of the Russian prospects:
Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the frase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?
well, in Russia they always let talented kids play, even though their height and size weren't to the spec. Also nowadays, hockey is a very expensive sport; therefore, if your family can afford it - you will find spots.

Then you get into the fact, that in general American and Can teens mature faster physically, whether it's the food or genetics or both - who knows

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 11:16 AM
  #17
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Then you get into the fact, that in general American and Can teens mature faster physically, whether it's the food or genetics or both - who knows
Yeah, probably you're right, but I still kind of have a feeling that there might be something wrong with the junior training system in Russia in terms of physical training

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 12:28 PM
  #18
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Yeah, probably you're right, but I still kind of have a feeling that there might be something wrong with the junior training system in Russia in terms of physical training
Probably not, they just don't emphasize working out as early as kids in NA, many of these kids probably play soccer too growing up. Whereas the elite talent in NA play for only a few years or not at all.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:37 AM
  #19
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
so now every undersized kid can play in the khl at the age of 18 because there's such player as anisin. good logic, well done
Using the same logics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
he's what? even smaller than tolchinsky? what khl?
So now every undersized kid can't play in the KHL because he's even smaller than Tolchinsky?

Were are not talking about just some kid, we're talking about very talented one. And I don't know why do you compare him to Tolchinsky at all as they are very different players.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:44 AM
  #20
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 759
vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Using the same logics:



So now every undersized kid can't play in the KHL because he's even smaller than Tolchinsky?

Were are not talking about just some kid, we're talking about very talented one. And I don't know why do you compare him to Tolchinsky at all as they are very different players.
i compare him to tolchisky because he's small as a bug and yes he's no place in the khl as for now. but it's my opinion, you feel free to distort my logic as you like (there're so much anisimоvs and tochinskies in the khl) and keep dreaming of him making the khl this year

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 05:08 PM
  #21
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
i compare him to tolchisky because he's small as a bug and yes he's no place in the khl as for now. but it's my opinion, you feel free to distort my logic as you like (there're so much anisimоvs and tochinskies in the khl) and keep dreaming of him making the khl this year
Only, Tolchinsky is the fastest skater I've seen in a long, long time. I dare say Bure-fast. That doesn't make him a Bure though...

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 01:35 AM
  #22
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
i compare him to tolchisky because he's small as a bug and yes he's no place in the khl as for now. but it's my opinion, you feel free to distort my logic as you like (there're so much anisimоvs and tochinskies in the khl) and keep dreaming of him making the khl this year
For starters, I've never said he's making the KHL this year. It's just that size obviously isn't that important in the KHL and he isn't that small (Tkachyov's height is a Russian average) so to base your point on the size alone makes it a pretty weak one.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 06:54 PM
  #23
I Am Classless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Falkland Islands
Posts: 1,613
vCash: 500
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ls-competition

I know nothing about him and I'm not much of a "prospector" anyway, but I'll definitely keep an eye on him after those MLG Noscope Skillz

I Am Classless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 11:27 PM
  #24
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Only, Tolchinsky is the fastest skater I've seen in a long, long time. I dare say Bure-fast. That doesn't make him a Bure though...
Reminds of a bure, one step quicker than everyone else, skating but especially stick skills. There was no way this guy wasn't getting a shot with an NHL team. Cant wait to see him at the WJC and hopefully with Semin in Carolina soon.

Tkachev is not on level as Tolchinsky in terms of quickness IMO. Tolchinsky is massively underrated.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 11:30 PM
  #25
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel Bites View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ls-competition

I know nothing about him and I'm not much of a "prospector" anyway, but I'll definitely keep an eye on him after those MLG Noscope Skillz
Lol wrong Tkachyov, there are 2 guys with same name. The one in the skills comp is also very good as well. Don't see him getting ice time in Kazan but he is skilled and has blazing speed. Will eventually break out as a KHL star somewhere IMO.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.