Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Edmonton Oil Kings

Old
01-11-2007, 11:29 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

vCash: 500
Edmonton Oil Kings

Now that the deadline has passed interested to see who wil leb avail in the expansion draftt any ideas now that the deadline has gone and passed

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

I'd love to think that with our abundance of 1987 born players the Oil Kings will select an overager from the Chiefs next season. At least that's my hope...

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Jimmypop316

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
I'd love to think that with our abundance of 1987 born players the Oil Kings will select an overager from the Chiefs next season. At least that's my hope...
In reality I believe we only have 4.

Grabner and Zimmerman are as good as gone, and that leaves Rutherford, Linsely, Bruton and Blackwater. I see Linsely the odd man out.

Jimmypop316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:23 PM
pdxshark
@jmbradd

only hawk I see possibly being picked is nick hotson as most others will be protected.

pdxshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmypop316 View Post
In reality I believe we only have 4.

Grabner and Zimmerman are as good as gone, and that leaves Rutherford, Linsely, Bruton and Blackwater. I see Linsely the odd man out.
Bruton, Linsley, Blackwater, Rutherford, Hobson, Grabner, and Zimmerman.

Best case scenario = Grabner, Zimmerman move up, Hobson moves up after a strong finish to an injury riddled season, and we end up with Blackwater, Linsley, Rutherford and Bruton.

If I had to choose from those guys, I would put Judd as the odd man out, and a guy like that would be perfect for an expansion team because he does a little bit of everything. Bruton will probably be the captain, Rutherford can score, and Linsley has impressed quite a bit lately with his tireless work ethic and the fact that he's 6'3"

Old
01-22-2007, 12:07 AM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

expansion draft prediction

This is my guess about the player that i predicted that will be taken. If i am wrong please correct me with a reasonable pick that u would do. It's 87 overage 88-89 age group if i am correct, don't know much about WHL players so if i predicted the wrong player or anything please correct me with a more reasonable pick.

Sorry if i have the teams wrong.

Brandon: Chad Erb
Calgary - Daniel Spence
Everett Jonathan Harty
Kamloops: Brock Nixon
Kelowna: Kristofer Westblom
Kootenay: John Negrin
Lethbridge: Brad Riege
Medicine Hat: Scott Wasden
Moose Jaw: Ian McKenzie
Portland: Dustin Butler
Prince Albertt: Brent Ottman
Prince George: Real Cyr
Red Deer: Alex Poulter
Regina: Levi Lind
Saskatoon: Justin McCrae
Seattle: Lindsay Nielsen or Dave Richard or Josh Shappert
Spokane: Nick Hotson
Swift Current: R.J LaRochelle
Tr-City: Matt Swaby
Vancouver: Milan Lucic

Once again I appologize if i have these in correct or these players are to be selected, if i am wrong please correct me wiht a realistic pick from that team. Thanks I appreciate it

Old
01-22-2007, 09:19 AM
GBG BLEED BLUE

Send a message via MSN to GBG BLEED BLUE
I do not think the Blades will let their assistant captain in Justin McCrae go unprotected,I would think that a more reasonable replacement would be Adam Geric,or Chris Cloud or even Brett Ward. I would also think that Garrett Zemlak the 17 year old back-up goalie could maybe also be available,because the Blades have a couple of young goalies waiting to get their chance to play WHL hockey. I think we might see Zemlak gone sometime because he is the same age as Holtby(don't even think about him either,he will be protected) although Zemlak could stickwith the team or be moved after his 19 year old season.

It will be very interesting to see what happens(and I hope the Oil Kings make an Eastern Divison road trip)so I can see them,If not I will have to go to Edmonton to see them.

Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE: 01-23-2007 at 05:00 PM.
GBG BLEED BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 10:21 AM
sbtatter

Erb won't be left unprotected by the Wheaties, unless Yeo comes back he's one of our only physical guys. You'll likely get your choice of an overager, Kauk or Ditmer, maybe Hallick, see how the rest of the season pans out.
I don't think the Hitmen are likely to leave their starting goaltender unprotected either.

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan850 View Post
This is my guess about the player that i predicted that will be taken. If i am wrong please correct me with a reasonable pick that u would do. It's 87 overage 88-89 age group if i am correct, don't know much about WHL players so if i predicted the wrong player or anything please correct me with a more reasonable pick.

Sorry if i have the teams wrong.

Brandon: Chad Erb
Calgary - Daniel Spence
Everett Jonathan Harty
Kamloops: Brock Nixon
Kelowna: Kristofer Westblom
Kootenay: John Negrin
Lethbridge: Brad Riege
Medicine Hat: Scott Wasden
Moose Jaw: Ian McKenzie
Portland: Dustin Butler
Prince Albertt: Brent Ottman
Prince George: Real Cyr
Red Deer: Alex Poulter
Regina: Levi Lind
Saskatoon: Justin McCrae
Seattle: Lindsay Nielsen or Dave Richard or Josh Shappert
Spokane: Nick Hotson
Swift Current: R.J LaRochelle
Tr-City: Matt Swaby
Vancouver: Milan Lucic

Once again I appologize if i have these in correct or these players are to be selected, if i am wrong please correct me wiht a realistic pick from that team. Thanks I appreciate it

I only highlighted the ones that were just completely off.....I don't know that you hit on any of those.

Old
01-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Vik

The WK's have Simek, Burki, Kohn, and Plante that likely won't be back and possibly Reaves.
Then we have Dittmer, Kauk, Yeo, Boyle, and Louis left for 87's.

So hopefully Reaver'll come back and the OK's will take Dittmer (please).

Vik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 10:24 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik View Post
The WK's have Simek, Burki, Kohn, and Plante that likely won't be back and possibly Reaves.
Then we have Dittmer, Kauk, Yeo, Boyle, and Louis left for 87's.

So hopefully Reaver'll come back and the OK's will take Dittmer (please).
I'm wondering if Burki might come back, he's not going to make the NHL and is he eligible for the AHL as a 19 year old going into his 4th junior season? Simek will be gone, Kohn will be gone. I wonder if Plante might be sent back as well? Where else is he going to play? I imagine Boyle will be back for sure. So I think we might possibly be lucky and have Burki, Plante and Boyle. Then in order of the overagers I'd like Reaves, Louis, Yeo. Please God don't make us watch another season with Dittmer and Kauk!!!

Old
01-22-2007, 11:17 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

I have been writing down what ppl have said and the only teams i need left are Calgary, Kamloops, Lethbridge, Prince Albert, Prince George Red Deer and Tri-City. Not sure if Chilliwack bruins are in it or not but once i get a player from each team I will post the updated list

Old
01-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Vik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
I'm wondering if Burki might come back, he's not going to make the NHL and is he eligible for the AHL as a 19 year old going into his 4th junior season? Simek will be gone, Kohn will be gone. I wonder if Plante might be sent back as well? Where else is he going to play? I imagine Boyle will be back for sure. So I think we might possibly be lucky and have Burki, Plante and Boyle. Then in order of the overagers I'd like Reaves, Louis, Yeo. Please God don't make us watch another season with Dittmer and Kauk!!!
I'm not certain on the rules for eligibility in the AHL but Benoit Pouliot has been playing there this season after only 2 seasons in the OHL (turned 20 on September 26th whereas Burki'll turn 20 on November 17th).
I hadn't really considering the possibility of having Plante back but it does seem possible with Florida. Would be great to have him for another year.
As long as I don't have to sit through a 2nd PP that has Dittmer and Kauk on the points again, I won't complain...too much.

Old
01-24-2007, 12:32 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
As long as I don't have to sit through a 2nd PP that has Dittmer and Kauk on the points again, I won't complain...too much.
Amen brother!!!

Old
03-28-2007, 10:30 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

Now that the draft is only 3 months away i thought i would bring this topic up again. I thought it would be quite interestign to have it where everyone picks a player from each WHL team and of those players that will make up the team. Just thought to have some fun while we wait to see who edmonton really takes.

Old
03-30-2007, 07:52 AM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

Justin McCrae

He will be the Blades captain next season. With a better supporting cast, my guess is around 75 pts and a player that will play in all situations all year long.

WesternEliteHockeyPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:41 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
The Wk's will have,

Plante, Yeo, Dittmer, Boyle, Simek, Kauk, Kohn, Burki, Reaves, and Louis as possible overagers next season.........My bet is that Simek is gone.....Plante Boyle and Burki I think will be our 3 overagers next season as Plante isnt good enough for AHL yet and Echl isnt likely......Burki also not good enough for pro yet........Boyle is our best puck moving dman outside Kohn who will go pro.
Chances are we leave Yeo, Dittmer, Kauk, Louis open in the draft and try and trade either Reaves or Boyle and keep the other.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Canadian Chris

As far as Prince George is concerned...I'd suggest that Cyr will be PG's starter next year, and one of our 20's....after that....who knows...but I'd break it down as such...

G Real Cyr (20)
G Jordan White (18) - potentially left unprotected

D Ty Wishart (19)
D Kalvin Sagert (20)
D Lance Reddon (18)
D Chris Vandyhoven (18)
D Garrett Thieson (18)
D Curtis Patterson (20) - won't be kept
D Jesse Dudas (19) - trade bait most likely

F Nick Drazenovic (20)
F Dana Tyrell (18)
F Greg Gardner (20)
F Jordie Deagle (18)
F Chris Durand (20) - good as gone
F Evan Fuller (20) - likely gone
F Chad Hohmann (18)
F Dale Hunt (17)
F Steven Kajic (19)
F Kyle Klym (19)
F Devin Setoguchi (20) - playing pro

I'd also suggest that Kajic and Klym may not be kept...one of them anyways...plus we need 2 new euro's....oh man, next year WILL hurt...lol

Canadian Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Vik

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3 View Post
The Wk's will have,

Plante, Yeo, Dittmer, Boyle, Simek, Kauk, Kohn, Burki, Reaves, and Louis as possible overagers next season.........My bet is that Simek is gone.....Plante Boyle and Burki I think will be our 3 overagers next season as Plante isnt good enough for AHL yet and Echl isnt likely......Burki also not good enough for pro yet........Boyle is our best puck moving dman outside Kohn who will go pro.
Chances are we leave Yeo, Dittmer, Kauk, Louis open in the draft and try and trade either Reaves or Boyle and keep the other.
You don't think Plante's good enough for the AHL?
I haven't heard anything recently but aren't Florida and Buffalo splitting up for the AHL because if they are, right now Florida only has David Shantz for goalies signed past this season and they consider Plante to be their future starter so I would bet he'll be in the AHL (that is assuming that they and Buffalo are in fact splitting up).
And I don't think that sending Burki back to the Dub next year will really help him much. If he doesn't dominate, he'll be disappointing.

Though if those are our 3, I'm definitely looking forward to next year.

Old
03-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
You don't think Plante's good enough for the AHL?
I haven't heard anything recently but aren't Florida and Buffalo splitting up for the AHL because if they are, right now Florida only has David Shantz for goalies signed past this season and they consider Plante to be their future starter so I would bet he'll be in the AHL (that is assuming that they and Buffalo are in fact splitting up).
And I don't think that sending Burki back to the Dub next year will really help him much. If he doesn't dominate, he'll be disappointing.

Though if those are our 3, I'm definitely looking forward to next year.
Well, Shantz is in the ECHL this year so basically Plante would be battling Shantz next year for a backup job in the AHL..........chances are he will be signed and have a shot at the backup AHL position.........that said I dont see him making it in the AHL no.......and I dont think they will send him to the ECHL instead of back to the WHL where they know he will play a ton again. So yep I think Plante is gonna come back next season........Also depending on how the WK's start out the season he could be dealt if the WK's struggle because Caliguri looks really good and is in his 18 year old season next year.

Burki has the skill easily to be in the AHL, if not the NHL.........He is one of the most inconsistent players I can ever remember in Brandon though........He is likely to go to the Avs camp and be cut fairly early and sent back to Brandon again IMO.......he could be brought up to the AHL but I think its unlikely.

If we were to lose those 2 I think that Reaves and likley Yeo fill in as our overagers along with Boyle for us. But for now I still think we will have Plante, Burki, Boyle.

Old
03-31-2007, 05:26 PM
sbtatter

Lets all list in order who we'd like to have back on the team, no matter where we think they will be playing next year
Kohn, Burki, Plante, Boyle, Simek, Reaves, Louis, Yeo, Dittmer, Kauk

And what rookies will we have making the team? Quite a few with all the 19 year olds this year! Calvert has a shot, Glennie too. I hear rumblings that Schenn doesn't want to play in Bdn. Also, Trent Yawneys nephew, Brodie Melnychuk (sp?) looked good, how about Jordan hale from Ab and Andrew Hayes the goalie?
If Plante was back, I'd be tempted to trade him for future draft picks and 16 year olds to a contender, b/c we won't win anything next year so might as well develop the next goalie....And I think Kohn and Simek are gone, so with plante traded, we would have Burki, Boyle and Reaves back...

Can players like Burki and Ryan White play in the AHL as 19 year olds, or do they either have to be on the NHL team or back with the WHL???? I don't believe Burki is consistent enough to play AHL yet anyway, send him back to the dub to score a lot and learn to not take shifts off......

Last edited by sbtatter: 03-31-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old
03-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Lets all list in order who we'd like to have back on the team, no matter where we think they will be playing next year
Kohn, Burki, Plante, Boyle, Simek, Reaves, Louis, Yeo, Dittmer, Kauk

And what rookies will we have making the team? Quite a few with all the 19 year olds this year! Calvert has a shot, Glennie too. I hear rumblings that Schenn doesn't want to play in Bdn. Also, Trent Yawneys nephew, Brodie Melnychuk (sp?) looked good, how about Jordan hale from Ab and Andrew Hayes the goalie?
If Plante was back, I'd be tempted to trade him for future draft picks and 16 year olds to a contender, b/c we won't win anything next year so might as well develop the next goalie....And I think Kohn and Simek are gone, so with plante traded, we would have Burki, Boyle and Reaves back...

Can players like Burki and Ryan White play in the AHL as 19 year olds, or do they either have to be on the NHL team or back with the WHL???? I don't believe Burki is consistent enough to play AHL yet anyway, send him back to the dub to score a lot and learn to not take shifts off......
Plante, Burki, Kohn, Boyle, Reaves, Yeo, Simek, Dittmer, Louis, Kauk

That would be my order.....I wouldnt mind Simek back but he sure hasnt looked like the same player in the 2nd half of the season as the first half.......I think that both White and Burki are elligible for the AHL next year as its their 20 year old season but i could be wrong to. Either way I dont think Burki makes it and dont see Plante making it either. I dont think we will have a bad team next year either though, should be a bunch of those young kids coming up next year that were so good in the AAA midget league.

Old
04-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Vik

Plante, Kohn, Burki, Boyle, Reaves, Simek, Louis, Yeo, Dittmer, Kauk for me.

As for rookies, looking forward to Sanfred becoming King among Kings.
Also, Jay Fehr to me looks like this year's Andrew Clark so I'd expect him to breakout a bit next year. My main hope is that we're able to grab another skilled Euro in the import draft. We're gonna be losing a lot of our scoring next year especially if Burki goes.

Old
04-01-2007, 09:49 AM
sbtatter

Ha, our lists are pretty much similar!!
But we're not likely going to win the conference next year, correct? So why wouldn't we trade Plante, blood a new goalie and get some good draft picks/young players for the future? If we had a contending team next year I'd be all about keeping Plante, but we don't, so lets do ourselves a favour by getting some youth and lets do Tyler a favour bu trading him to a contendor (out of our conference!!!)
Sanfred King has a lot of size, he seems a bit gangly as big young kids often do, maybe a touch slow yet (but i am comparing his speed to Calvert!!) and maybe a little inconsistent. I think he'll make the team though.
How old is his brother Wheaton, and how does he compare in size, skill, work ethic to Sanfred?

Old
04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Vik

Is that not reason to want to have him back on the team? Or were you meaning for us to list who we want playing the whole year as our 20 year olds next season? I thought you were just asking who we'd like to come back for one more season.

I haven't seen too much of Sanfred but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in our top 6 next season (not that you have to be too good to make that). But I gotta admit that the main reason I like him is because, for whatever reason, I really like calling him "King Among Kings".
And I didn't even realize he had a brother.