HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery, and the Crawford quote

Old
01-12-2007, 04:34 AM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Avery, and the Crawford quote

"We're sorting through the guys that won't do the things we need to have them do, and they won't be here. That's the way it will be, plain and simple. You'll figure out who those guys are, because they'll be gone." - Coach Crawford after the Kings loss to San Jose

Well, I gotta tell you. I pretty much despise most of this team, and have all season as I knew I woud. I also need to say that I have pretty much hated Sean Avery since he arrived in Los Angeles, despite admitting that at some point he did turn into a legitimate NHL player, albeit a mediocre one. But tonight, JEEZ LOUISE... I've probably seen all but 3 or 4 of Sean Avery's home games in a Kings uniform and tonight took the prize as the worst of the worst. MINUS FOUR... and for the fifth San Jose goal, he was in the penalty box for all of 14 seconds -- all of which adds up to one of the single most futile performances of ANY Kings player in their 40 years of stinkdom. Couple his "defensive" effort with the fact that almost EVERY time he had the puck on his stick, NOTHING good happened.

Brian Willsie makes me want to puke. Craig Conroy makes me want to sleep. Raitis Ivanans, Alyn McCauley, Tom Kostopolous, Marty Murray, Scott Thornton, Derek Armstrong all make me want to live in any one of 29 other NHL cities, and the defense... rests... no, they don't rest, they lay inert. Garbage. Mike Weaver cites "eight good defensemen." I think he needs an eye exam.

I hope that when the Kings play in St. Louis on Saturday, Andy Murray slips some papers under their doors... reminding them to keep doing what their doing, because they will boost the already gaining momentum confidence of his baby Blues...

We are not too far from seeing some movement, and I for one can't say I'll shed a tear over ANY of these aforementioned cellar dwellars moving on.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The only players I see on the current roster worth keeping are; Kopitar, Frolov, Visnovsky, Cammalleri, Brown and Pushkarev.
Anyone besides them can be given away for all I care.

I find it astonishing that the youngest players on the team are not only the most talented but the most consistent and hardest working players on the roster. Where is this so called character and leadership that was supposed to be injected into the locker room?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 04:50 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I like TK, for what he is being payed, and what he is expected to do, he has been a great suprise this year.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Kostopoulos is fine by me, but the truth is that there are hundreds of players of his ilk that could be found. I admire his effort and hustle and wouldn't mind him being retained at a low cost. He's certainly more efficient than Willsie or Scott Thornton.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 05:17 AM
dabeechman

Well you heard it folks. Straight from Crawford. Cloutier will be gone next season, because as we all know he isnt doing what he needs to be doing. Of course, that is stopping pucks.

Thanks Tubby

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Don't jump so quick off the Conroy bandwagon. There's lots of teams that would jump at the chance to get Conroy on their team mainly the Flames.

::edit::

RE: Crawford's quote.

Talk is cheap Crawford. Let's see you do something with the asshats on the team.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The Kings need to trade Conroy for a pick or defensive prospect as soon as possible and call up O'Sullivan to center Frolov and Cammy. This will at least move Armstrong down the depth chart. Also, O'Sullivan can't be any worse than Conroy at this point.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:08 AM
johnjm22

Did anyone else notice that Visnovsky looked pissed last night? At the end of the 2nd period he gave Miller this look like "W-T-F ARE YOU DOING!??"

I wasn't at the game, but that's how it looked on TV.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:20 AM
guzmania

...and
Take a look in the mirror Marc Crawford.

Compare last years roster to this years roster. If you see more talent here now with less injuries and worse performance you can join the Crawford<Murray Club. Who woulda thought?

Yeah and Avery's frustrated too.

Last edited by guzmania: 01-12-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: clarity
guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:30 AM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
"We're sorting through the guys that won't do the things we need to have them do, and they won't be here. That's the way it will be, plain and simple. You'll figure out who those guys are, because they'll be gone." - Coach Crawford after the Kings loss to San Jose

Well, I gotta tell you. I pretty much despise most of this team, and have all season as I knew I woud. I also need to say that I have pretty much hated Sean Avery since he arrived in Los Angeles, despite admitting that at some point he did turn into a legitimate NHL player, albeit a mediocre one. But tonight, JEEZ LOUISE... I've probably seen all but 3 or 4 of Sean Avery's home games in a Kings uniform and tonight took the prize as the worst of the worst. MINUS FOUR... and for the fifth San Jose goal, he was in the penalty box for all of 14 seconds -- all of which adds up to one of the single most futile performances of ANY Kings player in their 40 years of stinkdom. Couple his "defensive" effort with the fact that almost EVERY time he had the puck on his stick, NOTHING good happened.
I wholeheartedly agree with the comments on Sean Avery. The stupid penalties and lack of respect from the refs cost the Kings every game. I like his hustle and speed, but then again, Craig Johnson had hustle and speed. Why Crawford sends him out on power plays is beyond me, as he does nothing but take the Kings out of those power plays by ineptness and lack of discipline. It's time the Kings just cut their losses and trade Avery.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:33 AM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Did anyone else notice that Visnovsky looked pissed last night? At the end of the 2nd period he gave Miller this look like "W-T-F ARE YOU DOING!??"

I wasn't at the game, but that's how it looked on TV.
Lubo definitely played pissed. I think at some point he just realized that he's the only defenseman on the team capable of moving a puck out of the zone. He doesn't even bother to pass to Miller.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Fat Elvis

Great rant Tubby, correct on all accounts imo. Avery is no longer the side show entertainment some fans loved. Time to move 3/4 of the roster anywhere and take less if you have to. It's scary that people want to trade the only capable dman on the team. Time to trade Conroy, Miller, Avery, Matty, Sopel, Willsie, Thornton, Garon(if he's not in your plan for next season, otherwise keep him). LA most likely can't deal McCaully because of his lameness. No one will want Dallman, Weaver and tverdovsky. Keep Army as your 3rd center. Bring up Harrold, Patty'O, Tuk and Petiot when he's healthy.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:30 AM
tomd

Tubby - spot on analysis as usual.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Brian Willsie makes me want to puke. Craig Conroy makes me want to sleep. Raitis Ivanans, Alyn McCauley, Tom Kostopolous, Marty Murray, Scott Thornton, Derek Armstrong all make me want to live in any one of 29 other NHL cities, and the defense... rests... no, they don't rest, they lay inert. Garbage. Mike Weaver cites "eight good defensemen." I think he needs an eye exam.
Great analysis, I agree 100%
I'd wait to judge McCauley though. He's been out for a while and he might need a few more games before being in good shape. He's always been a reliable and effective 3rd line center.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
[B][II hope that when the Kings play in St. Louis on Saturday, Andy Murray slips some papers under their doors... reminding them to keep doing what their doing, because they will boost the already gaining momentum confidence of his baby Blues...
Great post but damnit, now I'm getting funny looks at work for literally lol'ing at this.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:02 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Great post but damnit, now I'm getting funny looks at work for literally lol'ing at this.
I'm on a roll... check out my "Pre-game Analysis of Breakfast with the GM"

P.S. Albi --- I know what you're saying about McCauley, but in general, in shape or not, he's just another swatch of beige paint.

Old
01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Wayne Rutledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Tubby - spot on analysis as usual.
Agreed 100%. I've never liked Avery. He should never of been allowed to ever wear a Kings jersey again after the Mark Hardy fiasco late last season. Tell your coach to pretty much FUC* OFF and then get a contract extension. W T F? That incident alone should of showed DL and staff his true character.

Wayne Rutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:27 PM
TubbyTerrion*

What started as a playful altercation between the Kings' Scott Thornton and Sean Avery ended with Thornton suffering a broken left wrist on Dec. 29, sources close to the team said.

The two were "horsing around" when Avery kicked a workout ball at Thornton, who then punched Avery in the back, resulting in the injury. Thornton is out at least another week with the injury.

The sources said the incident was not an angry confrontation, citing as evidence that Avery was unhurt in the exchange with the much larger Thornton.

OF COURSE AVERY CAN'T BE HURT BY A PUNCH IN THE BACK... HE'S SPINELESS!!!!

Old
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM
lakings41

Well, i'll be the only one so far on this thread to disagree. I think you've been waiting all season to have a rant like this on Avery because of your obvious hatred for him. If you watch the game again half of his minors were BS anyways not to mention four other pylons were watching him skate his brains out to try and make plays. He needs to play aggressive to be effective and if he takes minors from time to time so be it. It's part of the game. Every time Avery takes a minor it's disected and magnified. If you think a guy hustling out there is our only issue than you definitely have blind hatred.
As for the others mentioned Thornton and TK need to be removed from that list. Thornton is played sparingly under Crawford and we've lacked a player like that for years. Plus he wouldn't be an issue in a bottom six role as would TK.
The rest of the scrubs I won't disagree with. I'll agree with "Ziggy" and i've said it a million times that i'd only protect Lubo, Frolov, Cammy, Brown, and Kopitar. Build around those guys and we might see a difference.
As for Crow? Yeah right! I'll wait and see what he does with the biggest schmuck of them all in Cloutier.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Gentle Ben Ken0bi

I just do not see Oleg doing anything good for the team. I hardly realize that he is even playing until he screws up.

Gentle Ben Ken0bi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

there are times when avery seems like the only one hustling on the ice to me, he is effective in the pest role but crawford is overplaying him way to much when he could give some of those minutes to say conroy..avery really should never see any powerplay time at all. i have to admit that i would not be sad to see him go and if they have no intention of re-signing him then by all means get something for him.

Bring on the fire sale!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Matt13

Quote:
OF COURSE AVERY CAN'T BE HURT BY A PUNCH IN THE BACK... HE'S SPINELESS!!!!

Oh the irony.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:37 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
Oh the irony.
You misspelled your home city in your profile

Old
01-12-2007, 01:43 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
Well, i'll be the only one so far on this thread to disagree. I think you've been waiting all season to have a rant like this on Avery because of your obvious hatred for him. I'll agree with "Ziggy" and i've said it a million times that i'd only protect Lubo, Frolov, Cammy, Brown, and Kopitar. Build around those guys and we might see a difference.
As for Crow? Yeah right! I'll wait and see what he does with the biggest schmuck of them all in Cloutier.
I will second the Avery sentiment and also agree that he is being overplayed in certain situations.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Matt13

Quote:
You misspelled your home city in your profile

I won't lose any sleep over a typo.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote