HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Game Analysis of "Breakfast with Dean Lombardi"

Old
01-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
I didn't say Lombardi wasn't candid. I said the people that go (and I have plenty of experience being in those crowds) ask stupid questions that you already know the answers to.
Ok. It seemed to me like you were complaining about the breakfast in general and how it's run, not solely the dumb questions that are usually asked. I'll ignore your book-end remarks

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:32 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

....and you can count on somebody getting the mic and announcing how they are 100% behind the team and that EVERYBODY is doing a GREAT job

... regardless of the record

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:03 PM
brianguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
My questions will be:

If a player is making 500,000 to 6,000,000 dollars a season is it not reasonable to expect a decent pass out of the neutral zone?

When are players going to be held accountable for making a bad play?

Why does Armstrong old dusty 34 year old butt keep playing 20 mins a night?

do you mean out of the defensive zone? if so, I can certainly understand your question.

it would be nice to have players actually make passes into the attacking zone, but hey let's not get ahead of ourselves

FYI, I'm sure the answer to your question #2 would be, when we actually have decent players to replace them with, or can get something good in return

brianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:04 PM
brianguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
....and you can count on somebody getting the mic and announcing how they are 100% behind the team and that EVERYBODY is doing a GREAT job

yep guaranteed

brianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post

And that person should promptly be drug tested and placed under arrest for being under the influence.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 10:22 AM
CBGB

Here's what I would say, if I were there and they had the balls to hand me the mic:

1) Thank you for firing Al Murray

2) If you had your choice right now, would you take Esposito or Chariponov... or would you call "time out"

3) I didn't renew my season tickets for the first time in 13 years. Should I even be allowed to be asking this question?

4) How do you feel about "Play Hard" now, and how come you took down all of the "Play Hard" signs?

you also forgot the following inane questions, Tubby...

Inane #1) How come O'Sullivan is still in Manchester?

Inane #2) How come our penalty kill is still ranked 29th?

Inane #3) How come Sean Avery doesn't fight anymore?

Inane #4) How come Rob Blake is making 6 million dollars a year?

Inane #5) Please don't trade Kopitar, or, Please keep Kopitar, or some other stupid comment about Kopitar that will take up 15 minutes of precious time.

Inane #6) Some dumb-a$$ comment about how the Ducks are better to which some dumb-a$$ we'll reply "we're going to kick their a$$"

Inane #7) The music is different this year, I like it better last year, and how come we never see Cartman anymore?

Inane #8) How come we didn't re-sign Jeremy Roenick? He's having a good year in Phoenix.

Inane #9) Why did we let Jeff Cowan go?

Inane #10) How come there aren't any little bagel's today?

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Kingswin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I can't get even one-quarter of the way through Tubby's post. What was the point of that? Besides, I recall the last Breakfast with the GM to be the best one in a long time. Lombardi was very candid. It wasn't anything like Taylor's breakfasts. It seems as though Tubby just wants to complain, whether it's warranted or not or too early or not.

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 11:55 AM
nikolai19

I would prospose that the questions focus on the 07-08 season. I don't see the need to ask anymore questions about this season...

1) Chances are, LA is going to lose some of their defensive corps to either trade or free agency in the next few weeks here, is the thought that Jack Johnson and possibly Richard Petiot will be expected to make the team next year OR possibly get a chance towards the end of the regular season?

2) Are Patrick O'Sullivan and Lauri Tukonen expected to be in the lineup for the 2007-2008 LA Kings?

3) If Question # 1 is yes but they give the "we'll wait and see" approach, is it expected that they will be going after a defenseman in the off-season? There is a good core of defensemen that would help this team with or without the presence of Jack Johnson.

4) Just flat out ask the question...are any of the current goaltenders expected to be on the 2007-2008 LA Kings roster? This includes Cloutier, Garon, LaBarbera, Brust, Fuji.

5) What are the expectations of this team in 2007-2008?

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote