Red Wings game

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

vCash: 500
Red Wings game

Obviously a nightmare.

Sykora, Prospal were both +1. Ozolinsh, Fedorov, Lupul and Sauer were even. Everyone else was minus, Krog leading the way with a mind-boggling -5, and Havelid was -4, bringing him I believe to -17 on the season, which is close to the worst in the league if not the worst.

Small consolation: Chelios was -1. Very small consolation. Oh and The Tony scored, T-Mart, Soprano Boy, he needs a nickname.

Positives...? A shakeup in order maybe. Maybe Havelid will sit, now. It makes me so sad that the team was better with Kariya, Oates, Thomas and Chouinard than it is with Prospal, Fedorov, Lupul, and Johnson.

Old
12-03-2003, 05:34 PM
arinkrat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Obviously a nightmare.

Sykora, Prospal were both +1. Ozolinsh, Fedorov, Lupul and Sauer were even. Everyone else was minus, Krog leading the way with a mind-boggling -5, and Havelid was -4, bringing him I believe to -17 on the season, which is close to the worst in the league if not the worst.

Small consolation: Chelios was -1. Very small consolation. Oh and The Tony scored, T-Mart, Soprano Boy, he needs a nickname.

Positives...? A shakeup in order maybe. Maybe Havelid will sit, now. It makes me so sad that the team was better with Kariya, Oates, Thomas and Chouinard than it is with Prospal, Fedorov, Lupul, and Johnson.

Nightmare. Well at least your prediction almost came true. 7-2. An a** whipping.

And TM did score. He already has as many goals as Sammi-the-non-finisher Pahlsson, and one more than Chistov (hey, I got it right, no dyslexic fingers this time!).

This is depressing. When can we start the wine and cheese party in the cellar?

Old
12-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Snap Wilson

I bailed at 4-0. I'm a weak-willed, simpering fool.

Well, this was it. We finally had the collapse we were on the verge of for so long. Now we see where we go from here.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:04 PM
arinkrat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp
I bailed at 4-0. I'm a weak-willed, simpering fool.

Well, this was it. We finally had the collapse we were on the verge of for so long. Now we see where we go from here.
Yup the writing was on the wall. The Ducks couldn't get wins against struggling teams like Minnesota, Nashville (who has been playing well lately, but not when the Ducks played them), Columbus, and struggled against Phoenix and Chicago. Now tonight is what happens when they come up against a very good team. Can't wait until they play Vancouver. Whoopee.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:19 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

anybody else think there will be a change? I know its not a must, but BM will not let this team go to *****, especially now that were 5th i beleive in highest payroll. BM is not scared to make changes, and i beleive one is coming soon. i think a push for comrie will come, i dont think he will make a stupid move, but i think he wont be afraid to give up something big to shake things up. hopefully he doesnt overreact tho.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:54 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

I didn't get to see Martensson's goal...I'm sure he didn't feel like celebrating with the way the score was. But was his first goal nice at least?

Old
12-03-2003, 06:54 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269
anybody else think there will be a change? I know its not a must, but BM will not let this team go to *****, especially now that were 5th i beleive in highest payroll. BM is not scared to make changes, and i beleive one is coming soon. i think a push for comrie will come, i dont think he will make a stupid move, but i think he wont be afraid to give up something big to shake things up. hopefully he doesnt overreact tho.
If it makes you feel any better Oilers are doing just as bad, so you shouldn't be in a disadvantageous bargaining position if you swing a deal.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Sam Beckett

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam Beckett
Talk about going full circle.. first game ever against detroit 7-2.. this game 7-2.. I really am glad I had to work late and missed this one..

Old
12-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Ducksfan2035

Send a message via AIM to Ducksfan2035
let this be a wake up call for the ducks..if this doesnt wake them up then something hased to do

Old
12-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I didn't get to see Martensson's goal...I'm sure he didn't feel like celebrating with the way the score was. But was his first goal nice at least?
Not really. A shot from the blue line that was going wide until it banked off a Wing and went in.

But he played well. Comparatively.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
MTWRX

Send a message via Yahoo to MTWRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I uploaded a clip of it on ALLDUCKS

http://www.allducks.com/pgs/video.htm

Old
12-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Obviously a nightmare.

I heard Simpson beat the **** out of some guy in the fight, maybe thats a positive but id rather see him play better defensively.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

He landed about 4 punches to the face of Darryl Bootland that had him trying to hide his face. Gave him a cut.

He also put a huge check on Devereaux, but this is stuff that should have been happening from the drop of the puck, not when we're out of the game.

Old
12-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I didn't see much in the way of aggression from him until we were out of it, but I agree that he didn't make too many mistakes.

Havelid and Salei were the biggest culprits tonight.

Old
12-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

...okay.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:13 PM
lux_interior

Well, the positives from this game are[list]
  • Simpson beats the feces out of Bootland
  • Fedorov scores a goal
  • Martensson's first NHL goal
  • Simpson gets Devereaux in the train tracks...and delivers!

But, other than that, the game pretty much sucked.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:14 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard
Well I like Mike Keenan -type of hockey, if you're getting your ass kicked on the scoreboard, make sure you atleast kick some ass on the ice. Send a message that we don't like this ****.
Yes and no. I liked the way Simpson played. But, there's a fine line between "sending a message" and just being a sore loser.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:38 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard
In hockey there's no such thing as 'sore loser'. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.
I don't agree with that.

Any team is going to lose games. If you lose the game, look at what your team could have done better. I don't see how running around beating people up makes you a better team.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:46 AM
PigPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
Well, the positives from this game are[list]
  • Simpson beats the feces out of Bootland
  • Fedorov scores a goal
  • Martensson's first NHL goal
  • Simpson gets Devereaux in the train tracks...and delivers!

But, other than that, the game pretty much sucked.
I'll give you 3 of those 4.

Bootland has had a cut on his nose for about a week now. He got it while celebrating his first goal.
Kris Draper accidentaly hit him on the bridge of his nose with his helmet, opening up a nasty gash there.

The blood was from the cut on his nose being reopened, but I'll award the win to Simpson, but just barely. It was a much closer fight than people here make it out to be.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Pwnasaurus

There's a great Guided by Voices song called "I'm a Big Fan of the Pig Pen"...I think Bob Pollard was referring to a different pigpen however

Old
12-04-2003, 10:46 AM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
I'll give you 3 of those 4.

Bootland has had a cut on his nose for about a week now. He got it while celebrating his first goal.
Kris Draper accidentaly hit him on the bridge of his nose with his helmet, opening up a nasty gash there.

The blood was from the cut on his nose being reopened, but I'll award the win to Simpson, but just barely. It was a much closer fight than people here make it out to be.
Please. I don't need you to "give me" 3 out of 4. I'm taking 4 out of 4. To say the fight was close is like me saying the game was close. The Red Wings handed the Ducks their ass in the score. But Simpson kicked Bootland's booty. No two ways about it.

Closed Thread