HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers website - post-game audio

Old
01-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Poochiemoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT84 View Post
1.) Once every 4 games I'd say.
2.) Streaming.
3.) Yes
4.) Probably almost every game.
ditto

Poochiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:46 PM
mciampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Please please PLEASE get the video highlights up sooner.
I totally agree with this. For road games you no doubt notice that we have the highlights up almost immediately after the game but for home games it's a little bit different because we take the in-house feed. The reason it's quicker on the road (and sometimes I'll even put up highlights during intermissions) is because I have a PVR and am doing the highlights as the game goes on.

For home games, Andreas gets the disc from the jumbotron feed at the end of the game, takes it home and packages it together. There's got to be a solution to get those highlights up faster, though.

mciampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:03 PM
corykg

I like the post game video with Roli tonight instead of the audio interview.

My two cents: only a select few pieces from the Oilers media player make it to the audio/video postcasts. Can this be changed to allow all?

corykg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mciampa View Post
I have several question for Oilers fans about post-game audio on the Oilers website (www.edmontonoilers.com).

(1) Do you listen to it after games? If so, how often?
(2) Do you listen to the streaming audio at the website or download the audio via podcast?
(3) Would you prefer if it was "post-game video" instead?
(4) How much more likely would you listen to it if it was video?
1) I listen often, after most games.
2) Same as above, after and before games.
3 & 4) Yes I was thinking this if it was video instead of just audio that would be amazing.

The video highlights of the games are much appreciated as well. Keep up the good work!

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:13 PM
RiversQ

Quote:
I have several question for Oilers fans about post-game audio on the Oilers website (www.edmontonoilers.com).

(1) Do you listen to it after games? If so, how often?
(2) Do you listen to the streaming audio at the website or download the audio via podcast?
(3) Would you prefer if it was "post-game video" instead?
(4) How much more likely would you listen to it if it was video?
1) I listen to it after pretty much every game.

2) Streaming audio

3) No. I say that because I suspect I'll get less information. I want to hear MacT's thoughts as well as those of 2-3 players. If you're just going to repackage RSN or someone else's skimpy post-game interviews, I'll probably stop checking them out.

4) Not at all, based on the above reasoning. I want content. I'd prefer a transcript if it meant I was getting more info.

RiversQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversQ View Post
1) I listen to it after pretty much every game.

2) Streaming audio

3) No. I say that because I suspect I'll get less information. I want to hear MacT's thoughts as well as those of 2-3 players. If you're just going to repackage RSN or someone else's skimpy post-game interviews, I'll probably stop checking them out.

4) Not at all, based on the above reasoning. I want content. I'd prefer a transcript if it meant I was getting more info.
I never thought of that, good point. If it means less content or only recycled stuff we all just seen on tv it might not be great. Could we get both or is that asking too much?

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:30 PM
schreibkrampf
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT84 View Post
1.) Once every 4 games I'd say.
2.) Streaming.
3.) Yes
4.) Probably almost every game.
What he said.

Jenkuie

schreibkrampf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:34 PM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Quote:
I totally agree with this. For road games you no doubt notice that we have the highlights up almost immediately after the game but for home games it's a little bit different because we take the in-house feed. The reason it's quicker on the road (and sometimes I'll even put up highlights during intermissions) is because I have a PVR and am doing the highlights as the game goes on.

For home games, Andreas gets the disc from the jumbotron feed at the end of the game, takes it home and packages it together. There's got to be a solution to get those highlights up faster, though.
I would definitely suggest putting up temporary highlights between periods and/or right after the game from your PVR, and then let Andreas's version replace the other one when it's done.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 12:01 AM
kashirat

Any chance of using Flash Video Player instead of WMV (or whatever is currently used) for highlights?

It would be so much more convenient and seamless for those of us on cross platforms, or to watch from work.

kashirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 12:05 AM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashirat View Post
Any chance of using Flash Video Player instead of WMV (or whatever is currently used) for highlights?

It would be so much more convenient and seamless for those of us on cross platforms, or to watch from work.
It would....but then there is the issue of accessibility. Nearly all computers are compatible with wmv files (even my mac). Users would have to install the flash player, enable java script, etc. WMV is the easiest format to use.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
vb

(1) Yes, every game.
(2) Stream
(3) If it gets up there quickly, sure.
(4) The same. I would listen less if it takes a long time to get it on the site.

Other comments:
- after listening to the audio, I usually don't have to read the papers the next day. I know everything I am interested in from the interviews.
- Regarding the highlights, I don't like the size of the video. I wish it were possible to zoom in 200%. 100% the screen is too small and full screen the resolution is too poor.

vb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 12:21 AM
kashirat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyforpm View Post
It would....but then there is the issue of accessibility. Nearly all computers are compatible with wmv files (even my mac). Users would have to install the flash player, enable java script, etc. WMV is the easiest format to use.
True enough, it works on my Mac. Ironically, it doesn't work in Vista in Firefox, but that may be my own issue. I still feel that the flash players are faster and less prone to error. Not to mention that with sites like Youtube and other video sites, flash is becoming more and more commonplace.

kashirat is offline   Reply With Quote