HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garon back to IR

Old
01-12-2007, 07:55 PM
kingsfann805

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
then again, we're talking about the Kings Media Relations Department, which ranks right up there with the Kings Marketing Department as LAMEST NHL MEDIA RELATIONS AND MARKETING DEPARTMENTS.
So how do you really feel about the Kings Media Relations and Marketing Dept?

kingsfann805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 08:09 PM
dabeechman

His finger looks jacked up in that picture too.

I could only imagine how painful (physically) that rebound on that 4th goal must have been now.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Venom_17

Start Fuku. Why not? We aren't going for the freaking Cup this year, anyway.

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 08:47 PM
jeffreyaa

How long do broken fingers tend to take to heal, usually?

jeffreyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyaa View Post
How long do broken fingers tend to take to heal, usually?
Depends on the break. Usually 4-6 weeks.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Start Fuku. Why not? We aren't going for the freaking Cup this year, anyway.
Tell that to Marc.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I guess we now know why he was having trouble with his glove
I think it was the finger on his stick hand.

Old
01-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Depends on the break. Usually 4-6 weeks.
He played the whole game last night, so, hopefully, it's not as serious as it could be. Probably, the best-case scenario is that it's the same finger as in the photo, it gave him a little trouble in the game last night, so they want to give it a rest and re-evaluate it in 7 days. Hopefully, it's not more serious than that.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I think it was the finger on his stick hand.
Nope - If you look at the picture you'll see it's on his right hand.

Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 09:23 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
He played the whole game last night, so, hopefully, it's not as serious as it could be. Probably, the best-case scenario is that it's the same finger as in the photo, it gave him a little trouble in the game last night, so they want to give it a rest and re-evaluate it in 7 days. Hopefully, it's not more serious than that.
Nah, it'll be like what happened to Cloutier..

"Finger soreness"

"Finger break'

"Finger amputation"

"Knee injury, out indefinitely"

Old
01-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Ralph
Stevehead.

vCash: 1135
"We're trying a little," General Manager Dean Lombardi said Friday. He said the Kings put in a claim for former Ducks minor leaguer Michael Leighton, "but Philly took him. We have been looking, but it just shows you the way the goalie market is — even guys in that category are getting picked up."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

Quote:
The situation could get a little worse as Fukufuji was stuck in Cleveland Friday after flights were canceled because of bad weather.
Crap!

Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 11:31 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I think Chad Rawn may have the number of a goalie that would probably jump at the chance.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:34 AM
nikolai19

Is it that farfeteched that Bob Esche may be coming here for a conditional pick? It would only cost us about $450,000 to pay for him and hell we might even be able to send someone back the other way to cover the salary.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
I can't imagine the pandemonium if Brust would go down with an injury...really I can't.
Brust is fundamentally terrible. You wouldn't be any worse off with Fukufuji in net.

But here's the thing... wasn't it reported that Cloutier might be out for the season? So wouldn't it make sense to recall Labarbera since they wouldn't have to send him back down to the minors anyway???? All that I can think of is that the Kings are planning on acquiring a goalie that would give them a reason to leave Labarbera down in the minors.

Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:51 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
Brust is fundamentally terrible. You wouldn't be any worse off with Fukufuji in net.

But here's the thing... wasn't it reported that Cloutier might be out for the season? So wouldn't it make sense to recall Labarbera since they wouldn't have to send him back down to the minors anyway???? All that I can think of is that the Kings are planning on acquiring a goalie that would give them a reason to leave Labarbera down in the minors.

for the ?th time... under NO circumstances can the Kings recall Jason LaBarbera this season without subjecting him to re-entry waivers.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post

OK FOR THE LAST TIME.... JASON LABARBERA WILL GET CLAIMED OFF OF WAIVERS THE MINUTE THEY TRY TO BRING HIM UP. HE WOULD NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY IN A KINGS UNIFORM. IF MICHAEL "FRIGGIN" LEIGHTON IS GOING TO GET CLAIMED JASON LABARBERA WILL GET CLAIMED. THEY MIGHT AS WELL KEEP LABARBERA DOWN AND SEE HOW FAR MANCHESTER CAN GO THIS SEASON.
the previous message is brought to you by the redundant posters of north america for continually saying the same thing by repeating themselves over and over again simply because people don't seem to understand the concept of "reverse waivers."

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:54 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
OK FOR THE LAST TIME.... JASON LABARBERA WILL GET CLAIMED OFF OF WAIVERS THE MINUTE THEY TRY TO BRING HIM UP. HE WOULD NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY IN A KINGS UNIFORM. IF MICHAEL FRIGGIN LEIGHTON IS GOING TO GET CLAIMED JASON LABARBERA WILL GET CLAIMED. THEY MIGHT AS WELL KEEP LABARBERA DOWN AND SEE HOW FAR MANCHESTER CAN GO THIS SEASON.

the previous message is brought to you by the redundant posters of north america for continually saying the same thing by repeating themselves over and over again simply because people don't seem to understand the concept of "reverse waivers."

do yourself a favor and do NOT go to the breakfast tomorrow!!!

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
do yourself a favor and do NOT go to the breakfast tomorrow!!!
I can see it now... Kings fan walks up to DL after he gives a Leiweke-like slick phony PR oriented answer with both cheeks full of hash browns and says,"Let's see if you can guess what I am now.."

Said fan then smacks down both of his cheeks and fried potato shoots out of his mouth all over DL's Armani as he answers his own question.. "I'm a zit, get it?"

I would pee my pants.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Chartrand

Quote:
MATHIEU GARON has the best acronym for his name:

IRATE HUMAN, GO!
I'm not sure what to think of Labarbera's...

"AB ANAL REAR JOBS"

Chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 03:46 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Putting Garon on IR, the Kings had only one rostered goaltender... it doesn't feel like an "emergency" as Garon is not eligible to come back for 7 days. Emergency recall is 48 hours...
I think I've read about this, actually. By tagging it as an "Emergency Recall," the Kings are able to avoid taking a cap hit from Fukufuji's salary during that 48 hour window that he's with the team.

So say his contract is $400,000. The Kings cap would normally get tagged for something like $4,878.05 per game -- the per game average for a $400,000 contract -- but are able to avoid it by giving it the "Emergency" tag.

I'm... pretty sure I've got the facts straight here.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Kingswin

Quote:
NBC game... National audience... Goalie with about 2 minutes of AHL experience... or Goalie with about 10 minutes of AHL experience...

Andy Murray has to be chuckling.

What happened to Brust? maybe you mean four nhl games experience.

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 05:18 AM
SaveByHexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
The #1 pick is ours!
What are you going to trade the Flyers to get it?

SaveByHexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 05:59 AM
King Blazer

A couple of things about the Fukufuji recall.

He is NOT in LA on a Goaltender Exemption. That's the clause in the CBA that allows NHL teams to expand their roster to 24-players for the purpose of adding a goaltender for 48-hrs. Every team is allowed two Goaltender Exemptions per season including playoffs...

Emergency Conditions are when a team drops below 20-players (healthy). 2-goaltenders, six-defensemen and 12-forwards. When Garon became injured, the Kings qualified for Emergency Conditions as Cloutier was already on IR, therefore Brust was the only healthy goalie on the Kings roster...

In other words, the Goaltender Exemption (48-hr thing) has NOTHING to do with Emergency Conditions. Nothing. They are totally unrealted conditions...

There are minimal benifits (spousal airfare, accomodations, etc.) to a team to recall a player under emergency conditions during the regular season...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 11:38 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
Is it that farfeteched that Bob Esche may be coming here for a conditional pick? It would only cost us about $450,000 to pay for him and hell we might even be able to send someone back the other way to cover the salary.

Honestly, based on Esche's play this year, there would be some fans BEGGING for the return of Cloutier.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
for the ?th time... under NO circumstances can the Kings recall Jason LaBarbera this season without subjecting him to re-entry waivers.
That's true but there's a very complicated scenerio where the Kings could have him in uniform this season. What it would take is for team A to claim Labarbera on recall waivers and immediately trade him to team B. Then team B trades Labarbera back to the Kings for a conditional draft pick. The Kings would then send a "thank you" 4th rounder to team A for say some low level rights to a European prospect who will not ever see the NHL.

Complicated yes, but in theory if I understand the waiver priority correctly, it could happen. I think the only way it work is if team A were Philadelphia though. Any claim Philadelphia were to put in if team A were another club would mean Labarbera would go to Philadelphia correct? The waiver process mean any double claims go to the team with the worse record correct?

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote