Notices

Flames VS Oilers HDIC Battle of Alberta

Old
01-14-2007, 09:54 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mielke83 View Post
Gimme a ****in break dont even give us that ****. There is a certain amount of respect factor that has to take place in the game. Especially when u pull **** like that on a captain. I'm pretty sure that you wouldnt see our D-corps do that to Iginla because they're not all cocky ****ers like Phaneuf.If Greene pulled that on Iginla you'd all be freakin out over it aswell.So dont try to come up with some lame *** excuse saying that a smart *** move like that would knock Smith off his game. All it would do is light a fire under him and he plays better when he has a fire lit under him. So you obviously haven't seen Smith play much.
Boohoo.....Phaneuf is a meanie (whimper)...Calgary plays us too rough (sob, sob)

Maybe if your team had some balls other teams wouldn't be able to take liberties?

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 11:43 AM
ryz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConeman View Post
Phaneuf is a piece of **** for pulling that **** with Smith. What a panzy who doesn't back anything up.
He fought the very last game in Colorado didn't he? He backs his physical play up just fine. Quit being a baby.

ryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
I thought Regehr was a beast out there tonight. He was hammering guys in the corners and being a force around the net. One of his best games of the year thus far IMO anyways....It must be those sideburns!!!

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:33 PM
abracanada

Yep, the more they hate him, the more I like it.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 01:45 PM
dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Yep, the more they hate him, the more I like it.
Yup, guaranteed we wouldn't find him such a ****** bag if he was our all star defender. Oh well, the Flames are the better team right now. Good game, at least the Oil showed up.

dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Zeato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mielke83 View Post
Gimme a ****in break dont even give us that ****. There is a certain amount of respect factor that has to take place in the game. Especially when u pull **** like that on a captain. I'm pretty sure that you wouldnt see our D-corps do that to Iginla because they're not all cocky ****ers like Phaneuf.If Greene pulled that on Iginla you'd all be freakin out over it aswell.So dont try to come up with some lame *** excuse saying that a smart *** move like that would knock Smith off his game. All it would do is light a fire under him and he plays better when he has a fire lit under him. So you obviously haven't seen Smith play much.
Haha, well Smyth did the exact same thing to Kipper in the game and I wasn't flipping out about it. If you think a nudge of the shoulder is something to freak out over, then why are you are hockey fan. And to answer your question, I have seen Smith play, and I don't want Phaneuf fighting him. Smith is more valuable to the Flames on the ice because he's always good for a couple giveaways a game. And your comparison that if Greene did that to Iginla I'd be freaking out over it is laughable. Greene is not an all-star defensemen, and I have faith that Iginla could take a shoulder bump.

As for lighting a fire under Smith. it obviously wasn't good enough, because I didn't really notice Smith for the rest of the game. but I sure as heck noticed Phaneuf. Wasn't it Smith who was flopping all over the ice when Phaneuf potted home the game winner?? So explain to me how that lit a fire under Smith?? But go ahead, keep *****ing and complaining over a nudge that happens routinely. We'll keep Phaneuf, and you can keep Smith. Believe me, the more you hate Phaneuf, the more I like him.

Last edited by Zeato: 01-14-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Zeato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Ronald Pagan

Phaneuf was the best defenceman on the ice.

Don't worry Oilfans, you have Bergeron. What a great game he had.

Larf.

Ronald Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 04:11 PM
guzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConeman View Post
Phaneuf is a piece of **** for pulling that **** with Smith. What a panzy who doesn't back anything up.
then what is Smyth for pulling what he did on Kipper? the door swings both ways pumpkin. I don't see threads about the hit on Kipper here. It happens in a sport that men play that's called hockey. You should try it, you might like it.

guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:58 AM
dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy View Post
then what is Smyth for pulling what he did on Kipper? the door swings both ways pumpkin. I don't see threads about the hit on Kipper here. It happens in a sport that men play that's called hockey. You should try it, you might like it.
Look at the replay. Regehr pushed Smyth into Kipper during a scrum. (That said, I have no problem with Phaneuf bumping into Smith...Smith's a big boy, I think he can handle it. Likewise, I don't think Smyth spends a lot of time trying to get Kipper of his game, because I don't think Kipper ever gets off his game.)

dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Mielke83

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy View Post
Are you seriously kidding mean what Smyth did was in Retaliation to the shot Kipper gave him in the face with his glove just cuz Kipper couldn't handle Smyth in his Kitchen. Actually it wasn't retaliation cuz Regehr pushed him into Kipper.

Mielke83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Mielke83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHattrick View Post
Haha, well Smyth did the exact same thing to Kipper in the game and I wasn't flipping out about it. If you think a nudge of the shoulder is something to freak out over, then why are you are hockey fan. And to answer your question, I have seen Smith play, and I don't want Phaneuf fighting him. Smith is more valuable to the Flames on the ice because he's always good for a couple giveaways a game. And your comparison that if Greene did that to Iginla I'd be freaking out over it is laughable. Greene is not an all-star defensemen, and I have faith that Iginla could take a shoulder bump.

As for lighting a fire under Smith. it obviously wasn't good enough, because I didn't really notice Smith for the rest of the game. but I sure as heck noticed Phaneuf. Wasn't it Smith who was flopping all over the ice when Phaneuf potted home the game winner?? So explain to me how that lit a fire under Smith?? But go ahead, keep *****ing and complaining over a nudge that happens routinely. We'll keep Phaneuf, and you can keep Smith. Believe me, the more you hate Phaneuf, the more I like him.
Oh don't get me wrong I would much rather have Phaneuf

Mielke83 is offline   Reply With Quote