HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: What can the Flyers get?

Old
01-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Art Vandelay

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Trade Deadline: What can the Flyers get?

Discuss and project, what can the Flyers bring in for their rentals?
I'll list ALL players that will be UFA this summer and a few more that i think could be dealt.

PlayerCap Hit @ DeadlineNotes
Peter Forsberg1.23 millionNo Trade Clause
Kyle Calder0.63 million 
Mike York 0.61 million 
Sami Kapanen0.33 million 
Robert Esche 0.21 million 
Niko Dimitrakos 0.14 million 
Todd Fedoruk 0.10 million 
Boyd Kane0.10 million 
Eric Meloche0.10 million 
David Printz0.10 million 
Darren Reid 0.10 million 
Mark Cullen 0.10 million 
Geoff Sanderson0.32 millionSigned through 07/08 @ 1.5 million
Nolan Baumgartner0.25 millionSigned through 07/08 @ 1.2 million
Denis Gauthier0.45 millionSigned through 08/09 @ 2.1 million
Alexei Zhitnik0.75 millionSigned through 08/09 @ 3.5 million
Derian Hatcher0.75 millionSigned through 08/09 @ 3.5 million

For comparison here are some of last seasons deadline deals:

Quote:
Calgary Flames trade Jason Wiemer to New Jersey for the later of New Jersey's 4th-round pick or Vancouver's 4th-round pick (previously acquired) in 2006.

Phoenix Coyotes trade forward Jamie Lundmark to the Calgary Flames for a fourth-round draft pick in 2006.

Vancouver Canucks acquire defenceman Eric Weinrich from the St. Louis Blues for defenceman Tomas Mojzis and a third-round pick in 2006.

New York Islanders acquire a third-round pick and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2007 from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Oleg Kvasha and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2006.

Dallas Stars acquire defenceman Willie Mitchell and a second-round pick in 2007 from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for defencemen Martin Skoula and Shawn Belle.

Philadelphia Flyers acquire forward Niko Dimitrakos from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a third-round draft pick in 2006.

Ottawa Senators acquire forward Tyler Arnason from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for forward Brandon Bochenski and a second-round pick in 2006.

Edmonton Oilers acquire forward Sergei Samsonov from the Boston Bruins in exchange for forward Marty Reasoner, forward Yan Stastny and a second-round pick in 2006.

Nashville Predators acquire defenceman Brendan Witt from the Washington Capitals in exchange for a first-round draft pick in 2006 and forward Kris Beech.

New York Rangers acquire defenceman Sandis Ozolinsh from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in exchange for a third-round draft pick (originally San Jose) in 2006.

Vancouver Canucks acquire defenceman Keith Carney and the rights to defenceman Juha Alen from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in exchange for defenceman Brett Skinner and a second-round pick (originally NY Islanders) in 2006.

Carolina Hurricanes acquire forward Mark Recchi from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for forward Niklas Nordgren, forward Krys Kolanos and a second-round pick in 2007.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim acquire forward Jeff Friesen from the Washington Capitals in exchange for a second-round pick in 2006.

Vancouver Canucks acquire goaltender Mika Noronen from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a second-round pick in 2006.

Philadelphia Flyers acquire defenceman Denis Gauthier from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Josh Gratton and two second-round picks (Tampa Bay's and Florida's, previously acquired) in 2006.

New Jersey Devils acquire defenceman Brad Lukowich from the New York Islanders in exchange for a third-round pick in 2006.

New Jersey Devils acquire defenceman Ken Klee from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for winger Alexander Suglobov.

Colorado Avalanche acquire goaltender Jose Theodore from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for goaltender David Aebischer.

Los Angeles Kings acquire forward Mark Parrish and defenceman Brent Sopel from the New York Islanders in exchange for defenceman Denis Grebeshkov, forward Jeff Tambellini and a conditional third round pick.

Edmonton Oilers acquired goaltender Dwayne Roloson from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for a first round pick and a conditional 3rd round draft pick.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 10:12 AM
boredmale

i know some people ***** about the York trade on your side, but with the lack of "sellers" he will get a 2nd rounder.

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 10:14 AM
rockit

i think the 3 most likely to be moved are Esche, Kapanen & York with chances of Sanderson possibly being dealt as well.

Esche could be moved somewhere there's an injury situation or a weak backup behind a star (ie Vancouver).

Kapanen would be a solid acquisition for just about any team. I think it's safely said that he's lost most of his offensive mojo from years past but can still contribute and he's probably one of the better 3rd line forwards in the game.

York... well... i just don't know about this guy this year. i remember him being a good skilled forward that would be a perennial top 6 forward good for anywhere between 55 & 70 points but not sure who this impostor the flyers got is.

Sanderson, would be a great depth pick up for anyone, although i'd like to see him back next year.

so what are these guys value? i don't think you could get a 1st rounder involving any of these guys. maybe a prospect and 2nd or 3rd rounder for kapanen but it's hard to tell.

rockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 10:37 AM
TheKingPin

i think that forsberg could be the biggest trade deadline aquistion of all time. (when was he the Thorton trade?) I hope that he can stay healthy and put up big numbers tradeing him could very well make us a great team next year )with the expected FA signings.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:14 PM
blah

I don't see Forsberg or Hatcher going anywhere, but I think as many as 8 players could be moved. Most of them should garner at least a 3rd round pick.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:50 PM
jr13

better get some high pciks

to make up for homers deals where we dont have 3rd, 4th, and 5th rd picks and to get us a lot younger and faster!

jr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 12:50 PM
rockit

Esche will probably get moved to L.A.

Old
01-13-2007, 01:08 PM
txpd

Any player signed passed this season with a contract that is even marginal, won't be moved and won't have a market. Hatcher would be in that catagory. Calder? What is his contract like?

Players that have contracts in their last season will likely be moved unless they are signed to extentions, like Knuble.

Which players fall into which catagory?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 01:11 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit View Post
LA is going to be selling, not buying at the deadline.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 01:11 PM
BringBackStevens

kapanen - 2nd rounder
york - 4-5 rounder
esche - 2nd/3rd rounder

forsberg - 1st + prospects

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 01:22 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
kapanen - 2nd rounder
york - 4-5 rounder
esche - 2nd/3rd rounder

forsberg - 1st + prospects
I dont see Esche bringing in a 2nd rounder, not if he is the backup anyway but who knows. Looking at the deadline deals from last year, I see at least getting third round picks for most of our guys, maybe even a 2nd here and there. The only on I see bringing in anything more then a decent prospect and 2nd round pick is Forsberg if he gets healthier, which is doubtful at this point.

I would trade the following at the deadline if up to me:
York
Forsberg
Zhitnik/Gauthier/Hatcher - At least one of these guys
Sanderson - If he comes back and continues to score. I love the guy, but he could potentially have the best value of our deadline dumps
Esche (I like Esche, but if the team is going with Nitty, trade Esche)

I would resign Calder (if cheaper then his current salary) and Fedoruk.

Kapanen I dont think is going to bring us that much in a trade, I rather see him retire as a Flyer. If someone is willing to give up something good, maybe I think about it. Plus, one of the problems with this team (there are many) is that all our young players are either top 6 or bust IMO, guys like Potulny, Ruzicka, Giroux, Nodl None of them are bottom six players. We need those types of players as well and Kapanen still fills that role nicely if he wants to hang around another year or two until Downie, Cabana, Bellamy or our other potential 3rd/4th liners are ready.

In return, I go for obviously picks (2nd/3rd rounders if possible) and package a couple to move up if need be. Other then Forsberg or Sanderson, I dont see us getting much of a prospect in return for some of these guys, they would basically be depth deals for most teams. Maybe Zhitnik to someone like San Jose or Edmonton who really just needs that type of dman.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
rockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
LA is going to be selling, not buying at the deadline.
both goalies injured right now, Dean Lombardi and Ron Hextall in L.A., flyers claim leighton off of wavers, and you don't see them swinging a deal with Homer to send Esche to L.A.?

it's not 100%, but wouldn't suprise me at all if it happened.

Old
01-13-2007, 05:45 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Kapanen I dont think is going to bring us that much in a trade, I rather see him retire as a Flyer. If someone is willing to give up something good, maybe I think about it. Plus, one of the problems with this team (there are many) is that all our young players are either top 6 or bust IMO, guys like Potulny, Ruzicka, Giroux, Nodl None of them are bottom six players. We need those types of players as well and Kapanen still fills that role nicely if he wants to hang around another year or two until Downie, Cabana, Bellamy or our other potential 3rd/4th liners are ready.
I think kapanen could be real valuable. He's so good at many things and while his offensive output is low he's the type of player thats useful to have on a playoff team. He can play in so many situations

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Marc-E-

What Montreal could offer you for Forsberg or Kapanen? Sure you look for young players. We have a pipeline of prospects. First, I will offer you the young goaltender Jaroslav Halak. After it, I don't know. Sure, we have Andrei Kostitsyn that could be part of a deal. We have our 1st round selection. We will have to send you probably a guy like Niinimaa for contract issues, but if we talk about a package involving: Halak, Kostitsyn and 1st round selection 2007, Am I in the left field?

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Marc-E-

Actually, the package is for Forsberg only. Sorry I didn't mentionned it.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Any player signed passed this season with a contract that is even marginal, won't be moved and won't have a market. Hatcher would be in that catagory.
It's way too early to say that. You're a Caps fan, so I'm sure you know the reasons the Flyers had to overpay for Oates. What happens if say, Pronger and Niedermayer both get injured right before the deadline? Think Anaheim wouldn't at least consider Hatcher or Zhitnik?

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
I think kapanen could be real valuable. He's so good at many things and while his offensive output is low he's the type of player thats useful to have on a playoff team. He can play in so many situations
I agree with you in his value on the ice, but he is still a bottom 6 player that would be brought in as a depth/leader type. I just dont see that commanding much more then maybe a 3rd/4th round pick at most, unless someone feels a player like him is the missing link. If someone offers more, go for it. I rather keep him and resign him for another year, if he wants to come back, then trade him for a 4th or anything less.

Just using Peca as an example, cause we need a shut down type center like him I think having a line of Fedoruk Peca Kapanen would be a great shut down line. Kapanen can bring just enough skill to a shut down line. We dont have the young players at this time to fill that role. Potulny, Ruzicka, Giroux, etc. are all top 6 type guys.

Old
01-13-2007, 06:34 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
It's way too early to say that. You're a Caps fan, so I'm sure you know the reasons the Flyers had to overpay for Oates. What happens if say, Pronger and Niedermayer both get injured right before the deadline? Think Anaheim wouldn't at least consider Hatcher or Zhitnik?
I think a lot of teams would consider Zhitnik, especially teams like Atlanta, San Jose and Edmonton. I would see what we can get for him.

Old
01-13-2007, 07:36 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I think a lot of teams would consider Zhitnik, especially teams like Atlanta, San Jose and Edmonton. I would see what we can get for him.
yea i think that he would be highly valued for a lot of teams. Todays game against the pens tells me tat Foppa will be getting us a lot at the deadline if he keeps it up and stays healthy.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I know we'd like to deal the blue line away for scraps, but we can't fill the holes with capable bodies through free agency or through drafting. The Flyers are stuck with dirt, unless they want to get worse next year.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 11:42 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
I know we'd like to deal the blue line away for scraps, but we can't fill the holes with capable bodies through free agency or through drafting. The Flyers are stuck with dirt, unless they want to get worse next year.
why cant you fill the holes in free agency?? There are about 10-12 good top 4 dmen out there in free agency. This is the year you CAN do that. That is why I say trade one of them.

Old
01-14-2007, 12:24 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
[quote=Lion of the North;7652686]
Kyle Calder0.63 million 
Mike York 0.61 million 
Sami Kapanen0.33 million 
Boyd Kane0.10 million 
Eric Meloche0.10 million 
David Printz0.10 million 
Darren Reid 0.10 million 
Mark Cullen 0.10 million 

man did you guys get screwed over on the hatcher thing

I think the flyers will ask Forsberg if he wants to get traded--who would it be to? and then the flyers trying to work a deal where they get a good return

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:32 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit View Post
LA has two netminders who just happen to be injured--they are not going to make the playoffs--so I don't see them picking up any goalie enless it is someone like Pat Lalime

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 12:33 AM
mikedifr

[QUOTE=graveyardshift;7663153]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North View Post
Kyle Calder0.63 million 
Mike York 0.61 million 
Sami Kapanen0.33 million 
Boyd Kane0.10 million 
Eric Meloche0.10 million 
David Printz0.10 million 
Darren Reid 0.10 million 
Mark Cullen 0.10 million 

man did you guys get screwed over on the hatcher thing

I think the flyers will ask Forsberg if he wants to get traded--who would it be to? and then the flyers trying to work a deal where they get a good return
Nah, although I wouldnt be opposed to moving him if we could, Hatcher has been our best dman all year outside of that 10 game stint this team spent sitting on the toilet at the beginning of the season.

Some idiots just get a negative thought in their head once about a player, and never let it go. (See Gagne, Simon)

Old
01-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Rick Deckard

Obviously, everything starts with Peter Forsberg. If he can stay healthy until the deadline and his skate issues are fixed he will waive his no trade clause and he will be pure gold. Witt and Roloson brought in a 1st rounder at the last deadline, Forsberg should give us at least two 1st or some decent prospects.

Number two on the list should be Kyle Calder. Since Christmas he stepped up his game and finally finds the net, six goals in the last twelve games. A second round pick, like Friesen, or a third and a sixth/seventh rounder, like Kvasha, should be possible.

The next one should be Denis Gauthier. On the one hand he has two more years at 2.1 million left on his contract, that lowers his value, on the other hand, at least we and the Sabres know how important defensive depth is. Last season we paid two second rounder and Gratton, we won't get that back, but a second rounder or a decent defensive prospect, someone like Grebeshkov, should be possible.

Than Robert Esche. With his cheap contract some teams in need of a decent backup and with small caproom, like the Canucks, could be interested. A third round Pick should be possible, as Noronen gave the Sabres a second last season.

Mike York could gather some interest as well. Some teams will remember what he has done the last seasons and take a chance on him, maybe we get a fourth rounder like Calgary last season for Wiemer.

Maybe some teams are interested in Cullen, Baumgartner or Dimitrakos, but none of them will give us more than a late round pick.

I wouldn't part with Zhitnik, I still think he is a decent 2nd/3rd defenseman on a reasonable price, Sanderson, he is still capable to put up 25 goals and 50 points for 1.5 million, Fedoruk, should be resigned as he loves to be here and is one of the top tough guys who can play the game, and Kapanen, we need some veteran leadership and Sami should wear the C if Forsberg leaves.

The other guys, Hatcher, Kane, Meloche, Reid and Printz don't have any value, so no demand, no trade.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote