HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie Sitting all Year/ Laraque has to be traded

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 10:20 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Comrie Sitting all Year/ Laraque has to be traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz
John Short just called into the 930CJCA late night talk show and said that he had coffee with a very well known scout from Washington(wouldn't name any names) and said that he is being told that Comrie will sit all year and maybe even longer. Apparently the scouts think that Comrie has embarrassed the Oilers organization and that Comrie could be sitting for a long long time. Just thought I would mention this, but I still think Lowe will trade him soon.

Also, Short said that Laraque has to be traded
Took this right off Oilfans I though it was an interesting basis for discussion. We have discussed Comrie sitting all year before but it puts increased validity behind the notion and the Laraque thing I thought he has been playing below expectations and has good trade value making a good pot sweetener but saying he has to be traded with that sort of conviction is kind of suprising.

Last edited by FacelessButcher: 12-03-2003 at 10:23 PM.
Old
12-04-2003, 04:34 AM
Oilhitch

I agree with Laraque being traded, but what will Power 92 do without him

If you told me at the beginning of this hockey year that Comrie should sit all year maybe longer I would think your crazy. But now I would have to agree. I don't know if he's embarrased the Oilers organization? But If Lowe cannot trade him for something useful to the Oilers why bother. I can recall back to all the trade speculation from the beginning and the names that were being tossed around. (Bouwmeester, Havlat, Spezza, Gaborick, ect) Now were hearing Corey Perry. This is a far cry from Bouwmeester and we, and all the Oiler fans, have to realize that Comrie is not going to be traded for much more than a "decent" prospect.

I think that if Lowe were to package Comrie & Laraque together, quite obviously they would be able to trade for more. Maybe 1 good top prospect???

Old
12-04-2003, 06:49 AM
barto

Something from today's Sun article:
Quote:
Notes: Prior to the game, Conklin was presented with the Oilers' Molson Cup award for the most three-star points earned in November. ... Several scouts were in the pressbox Wednesday, fuelling speculation that some Oilers may be on the block in a potential Mike Comrie deal. ...

Closed Thread