HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shoddy Offers.

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Shoddy Offers.

The way i see ti the offers we have been getting for Comrie have been pretty shoddy. My question to you as oiler fans is: Would you trade Comrei to the flames if their offer was the best offer for the team.

Maybe something like Chuck Kobasew and Jordon leopold for Comrie and a pick. I have conflicting views on this, but in the end if our team is better and we get to boo Comrie 6 times a year i think we win. Plus he would have to play in Cow town and that may be revenge exacted right there.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I have no problem trading with Calgary if its a fair deal, dont they have that Zynulunin guy?

Anyways, I'd do the deal for Leopold, but I dont think he's on the market. maybe Gauthier or Regehr. How about Reinprecht and Gauthier for Comrie, Rita, and a 2nd Rounder.

Old
12-05-2003, 06:06 PM
momentai

I don't think we should be looking at acquiring Gauthier. What need do we have for a bottom pairing dman? I'd rather look at Tim Ramholt if anything.

On a side note: Kiprusoff is looking pretty good in Calgary. I remember Speeds and I discussing the possible acquisitions of a goaltender and he borught up the name of Noronen and I brought up Kipper. Glad to see he's finally doing well... I was so disappointed when he struggled when Nabokov held out at the beginning of last season.

Old
12-05-2003, 06:21 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I don't think we should be looking at acquiring Gauthier. What need do we have for a bottom pairing dman? I'd rather look at Tim Ramholt if anything.

On a side note: Kiprusoff is looking pretty good in Calgary. I remember Speeds and I discussing the possible acquisitions of a goaltender and he borught up the name of Noronen and I brought up Kipper. Glad to see he's finally doing well... I was so disappointed when he struggled when Nabokov held out at the beginning of last season.
Noronen is looking just as good as Kipper in Buffalo. Unfortunately, it looks like he's becoming the #1 in Buffalo which is too bad since I was hoping Lowe would trade for him in the offseason once Tommy is let go this summer.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:45 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
I think if Lowe were to obtain a Calgary Dman, I'd prefer it was Regehr or Warrener. (The way Warrener is playing though, he's not going anywhere, and I doubt Regehr is either.) Gauthier is interesting, but they had a guy something like him already, his name was Sean Brown and he's gone now. (See other threads for speculation why. )

I can't really see a trade sending impact players either way happening with Calgary, there's too much at stake with division rivals.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Walsher

I would bet everything I own that a CGY-Edmonton trade will never happen. Too much at stake.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:52 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
Noronen is looking just as good as Kipper in Buffalo. Unfortunately, it looks like he's becoming the #1 in Buffalo which is too bad since I was hoping Lowe would trade for him in the offseason once Tommy is let go this summer.
Yep, they are both looking pretty good. Don't want to toot our horns or anything because I'm sure Noronen has been thrown around since... But our discussion was before the season started last year. :p

Old
12-05-2003, 10:10 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I would bet everything I own that a CGY-Edmonton trade will never happen. Too much at stake.
I completely agree, yet again Walsher, whats going on here?

Old
12-05-2003, 10:17 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

especially now that the flamers are five points up in the standings.

Old
12-06-2003, 06:35 AM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
TROLL!!!!! :p

Old
12-06-2003, 08:01 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
I thought we already had this talk dude.

Closed Thread