HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Semenov

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 06:37 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Semenov

Now, I think all this talk about the Oilers sucking and not being able to win every again is purely stupid. I also think that it is complete nonsence to talk about how MacT has lost the dressing room and all the players want out of his "reign"(I forget who called it that, but I had a good chuckle at that).
However, I do think MacT is a bit of a goof. Look at the way he's used/handled Semi! I mean last night we had a minutes and 40 second two man advantage. You have a defensman with the hardest shot in the NHL. HE DOESN'T EVEN SEE THE ICE!!!! INSTEAD HE PUTS Staios THERE! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of having Staios on the point for the powerplay. The guy is great and deserves the powerplay time. BUT why the hell wasn't Semenov on the blueliner getting fed passes from Hemsky/Oates/York with Smyth screening the goalie?!?!?!? I mean it's SOO bloody simple (although some of you will give me the "running a powerplay isn't easy at that level, it's more complicated then just doing this blah blah blah).
Now I'm not one of those idiots who screams shot 3 seconds into the powerplay after one pass. I hate that. You have to take your time to get a high % chance. But when you have a 5 on 3 it's very common for a team to fall back and say go ahead and take outside shots. If that's the case - somebody with a shot like Semenov should be out there absolutely blasting it.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:32 AM
future consideration

Basically its the old Flames PP. I remember watching some ESPN Classic and they had a 86 playoff series featuring Calgary. Their whole PP was people feeding Macinnis and him just blasting shots.

Semenov has a cannon and its seems he can keep it low. I mean no goaltender can handle a puck at 100mph. Put Smyth there for the rebounds.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:35 AM
jadeddog

this is just another example of an BLATANTLY OBVIOUS solution to a problem that everybody in the world BUT macT seems to be able to see.... similar to not having smyth on LW

Old
12-04-2003, 09:08 AM
creative giant*

The problem with Semenovs slapshot has always been that he takes too long to get it off. He has this massive windup and by the time he lets the shot go everyone on the ice knows what he's doing and they have time to adjust.

That's why Bergie is so great on the point, he takes the shot quickly and wastes no time getting it to the net.

Old
12-04-2003, 04:45 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMenace
The problem with Semenovs slapshot has always been that he takes too long to get it off. He has this massive windup and by the time he lets the shot go everyone on the ice knows what he's doing and they have time to adjust.

That's why Bergie is so great on the point, he takes the shot quickly and wastes no time getting it to the net.
Ya, but you'd want him taking one timers anyways so he could start with his stick in position so the speed of his windup is irrelevant.

Closed Thread