Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Will Atlanta re-sign Slava Kozlov?

Speculate.

01-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

I speculate that they will. Maybe $3.5mil per for 2 years?

Amen evil king is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 09:09 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
yes

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehtonen32 View Post
I speculate that they will. Maybe $3.5mil per for 2 years?
So you see him taking less to play for Atlanta than he would likely get on the open market? Why is that?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 12:38 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
I am not good at guestimating salaries, but I would think DW/BH would like to keep Slava around for a number of reasons...his playoff experience (hopefully gaining more of that this season ), his leadership in the locker room (from what I hear, he helps kovy alot, for example, and counseled Dany Heatley after the accident), in addition to his work on the ice, obviously.

I certainly HOPE we keep him around!!

Old
01-15-2007, 10:16 AM
kracker1

So why didn't the Thrashers sign Perreault?
14-11-25, +5 in 32 games, he would have helped us...unnggh...

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Magnus Fulgur

deVries (2.28m) and Mellanby's (1m) money will pay for Kozlov's raise. He deserves a three year contract for at least $4m...he can't be signed for more than three years thanks to the ownership issues.

Also...keeping Kozlov for three years makes it possible to trade Kovalchuk IF (a huge if, btw) the team wants to be more defensive minded (that might be the way to go with Kari in the fold: he could be Brodeur light). Three years from now, we'll need Kari more than Kovalchuk.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 02:19 PM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post

Also...keeping Kozlov for three years makes it possible to trade Kovalchuk IF (a huge if, btw) the team wants to be more defensive minded (that might be the way to go with Kari in the fold: he could be Brodeur light). Three years from now, we'll need Kari more than Kovalchuk.

Old
01-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
So you see him taking less to play for Atlanta than he would likely get on the open market? Why is that?
A hunch?

I'm hoping his contract negotiations won't be all that different from last time 'round (when he finished in the top-30 in the points race). In the 'old' NHL he signed a 3 year deal (averaging ~$3.1m) with a further team option year of $2.65m.

There are plenty of similarly talented players out there who were recently signed in the $3.5m range too. He could easily get more, definitely, but I dunno - I guess I'm just optimistic.

Amen evil king is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 06:05 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker1 View Post
So why didn't the Thrashers sign Perreault?
14-11-25, +5 in 32 games, he would have helped us...unnggh...
Hindsight's 20/20... Who would have thought at the time he was signed by the 'Yotes he would have made such an impact.

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Fravashis

If they dont, ill seriously have to consider why I cheer for this team if they are dedicated to losing. Losing to Kozlov would be a massive loss to the team, both on and off the ice, and would really show that the Thrashers arent commited to winning anytime soon. Kozlov is basically the leader of this team, and I assume would be a shoe-in for captain next season. I can't really see a scenario where the Thrashers dont resign Kozzy, theres no reason not to. If cap space becomes an issue, place Rucchin on waivers, or trade him for anything. A sixth round draft pick seems like fair compensation.

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
GetPucksDeep

He is the number 1 player in the NHL in shootouts. That translates into a lot of standings points. He won't be cheap. I want him resigned. But for the life of me, I have no idea why they gave that piece of crap Rucchin a two year contract. They're paying Rucchin and Holik combined over 6.5m next year.

OUCH!

(I like Holik, and I think he'll be huge in the playoffs, but he's not worth what he's paid.)

GetPucksDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Aww...but Rucchin's always near the puck. Kinda like Slater is always on the ice..even when he's skating with his hiney.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Blue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Aww...but Rucchin's always near the puck. Kinda like Slater is always on the ice..even when he's skating with his hiney.
Hahaha. Nice one, Toxo. Congrats, btw.

I keep hearing that DW is a "chemistry" man. If there's one thing Slava's got in ATL it's chemistry. With the whole team.

He's an invaluable mentor to Ilya in teaching him to be multi-facited and to use his brain, he and Hoss are electric together, he's the Slavinator in the shootout...I could go on and on.

Today at practice was fascinating because he spent a good 10 minutes with Captain Mellanby demonstrating some moves. He has to stay.

Last edited by Blue32: 01-15-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 04:24 AM
kaatiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater23fan View Post
If they dont, ill seriously have to consider why I cheer for this team if they are dedicated to losing. Losing to Kozlov would be a massive loss to the team, both on and off the ice, and would really show that the Thrashers arent commited to winning anytime soon. Kozlov is basically the leader of this team, and I assume would be a shoe-in for captain next season. I can't really see a scenario where the Thrashers dont resign Kozzy, theres no reason not to.
I could not agree more. If management lets Kozlov go ... ugh, I don't even want to contemplate it.

I hope they can re-sign him long-term, so he can retire a Thrasher. Wouldn't it be great to see his No. 13 in the rafters at Phillips someday? I think so.

kaatiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:52 AM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
Hindsight's 20/20... Who would have thought at the time he was signed by the 'Yotes he would have made such an impact.
I know...and I remember the talk "We don't need another 35 yr old small, slow center...". Some others advised us to sign him, I guess they were right.

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
JohnnyAppleSeed50

Of course, if they don't I'll, I'll protest...

Man it just can't happen... not resigning him I mean...

JohnnyAppleSeed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 02:27 PM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
I am not good at guestimating salaries, but I would think DW/BH would like to keep Slava around for a number of reasons...his playoff experience (hopefully gaining more of that this season ), his leadership in the locker room (from what I hear, he helps kovy alot, for example, and counseled Dany Heatley after the accident), in addition to his work on the ice, obviously.

I certainly HOPE we keep him around!!
If i may, I'll add: not just some playoff experience, but also 2 rings that come with that experience and he was money in playoofs!

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Kozzie

Kozlov still holds the Red Wings franchise record in GWG in the playoffs, one ahead of Gordie Howe. Think Kozzie's $$$ in the shootouts? Just wait until the playoffs!

Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 10:59 AM
belavia

Kozzie, are you serious? What are the exact numbers, do you know? I would have thought Fedorov would be up there.

belavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 12:39 PM
sgt Hartman

Send a message via ICQ to sgt Hartman Send a message via MSN to sgt Hartman
Kozzie has 12 GWG in PO
Howe and Fedorov have 11

sgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote