HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: Columbus vs. Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 03:14 AM
DJAnimosity
#BattleOn

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
GDT: Columbus vs. Nashville

It's a big one tonight, boys.

Finally, more than 10,000 people will be watching a Columbus-Nashville game live this season, so there should be a real atmosphere for this one that the Jackets should use to their advantage.

Zherdev will make the Predlie goons look silly; they'll try to run him, but they won't be able to catch him.

The 5-game win streak ends tonight; Vokoun can't keep up this pace forever.

4-3 Jackets.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:28 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity
It's a big one tonight, boys.

Finally, more than 10,000 people will be watching a Columbus-Nashville game live this season, so there should be a real atmosphere for this one that the Jackets should use to their advantage.

Zherdev will make the Predlie goons look silly; they'll try to run him, but they won't be able to catch him.

The 5-game win streak ends tonight; Vokoun can't keep up this pace forever.

4-3 Jackets.

Preds are ripe for the picking. They haven't given an inspired road effort in, well, the entire season. The games we've won are due to either playing insanely well in the 3rd (Detroit) or Vokoun saving our Bacon (Bos, Car, Col, Ana). We are a much better home team than you guys are road team and a better road team than you guys are a road team but we are not a better road team than you guys are a home team (follow that?). Our effort recently on the road has been subpar, our record has been foolsgold. Unless Vokoun stands on his head again, this streak is ripe.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:33 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
2-2 tie. Jackets lead 2-0 late in the third and give up two goals in a span of four minutes.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:43 AM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Preds are ripe for the picking. They haven't given an inspired road effort in, well, the entire season. The games we've won are due to either playing insanely well in the 3rd (Detroit) or Vokoun saving our Bacon (Bos, Car, Col, Ana). We are a much better home team than you guys are road team and a better road team than you guys are a road team but we are not a better road team than you guys are a home team (follow that?). Our effort recently on the road has been subpar, our record has been foolsgold. Unless Vokoun stands on his head again, this streak is ripe.
No reason to think Vokoun won't stand his head again tonight, unless he gets tired from having played last night.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:46 AM
jacketracket*

Didn't last year's series w/the Predheads start out the same way, w/the first two games coming fairly early in the season, and BOTH in Nashville (BTW, 10,000 is being overly generous, from what I hear)?

Just seems like the Preds have been setting the tone in this series since Dave King's Waterloo.

Not any more. The CBJ avenge Kinger w/an inspired effort in front of a raucous crowd. Dancing breaks out in the streets of Hamburg.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:54 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Wins and loses, I'm not gonna talk about. But mark my words, at least once, Zherdev will be plastered between glass and Hammy's big hips.

Old
12-04-2003, 06:50 AM
CBJSlash

It's going to be a one-goal game. I'll with 3-2 CBJ. Watch out Hammer, Zherdev's comin to get ya

Old
12-04-2003, 06:53 AM
gopreds98

Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Wins and loses, I'm not gonna talk about. But mark my words, at least once, Zherdev will be plastered between glass and Hammy's big hips.
Assuming, of course, that the russian military doesn't get him first.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:53 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If the bad trend continues on the road, I can't see us winning this game. However, maybe it is a good old fashioned rivalry that will get our game in gear on the road. Here is to a fiesty game !

Old
12-04-2003, 09:00 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

This should be a good one tonight. I hope the Preds can keep this streak going. God fobid we lose. The Jackets could get on a role and pass the Preds in the standings. I would then be forced to come up with a Top 10 List to distract me from my teams futility!!!!

Old
12-04-2003, 09:01 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85
This should be a good one tonight. I hope the Preds can keep this streak going. God fobid we lose. The Jackets could get on a role and pass the Preds in the standings. I would then be forced to come up with a Top 10 List to distract me from my teams futility!!!!

Old
12-04-2003, 09:35 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Well, my wife failed me in our last outing to a game (what the hell did I marry her for) when the Bruins smacked our beloved Jackets. The team has dropped one game my wife attends every year. Here's hoping that trend continues and the team will go undefeated in the final five games I plan on attending with her this year.
NSH is due to lose. CBJ is due to beat them. (Of course I invoked "due" for the last Predator outing and it didn't work).
CBJ wins 3-2. Denis plays well again. Nash, Letowski and Walser all tally for the good guys. Legwand and Walker notch goals for the hated Preds.
Somebody gets beaten up. I offend my wife at some point. Cute little kid who usually sits behind me will say something funny. I'll get hungry for a brat halfway through the first but resist it out of a desire to save money for beer. I'll drink beer.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Well, my wife failed me in our last outing to a game (what the hell did I marry her for) when the Bruins smacked our beloved Jackets. The team has dropped one game my wife attends every year. Here's hoping that trend continues and the team will go undefeated in the final five games I plan on attending with her this year.
NSH is due to lose. CBJ is due to beat them. (Of course I invoked "due" for the last Predator outing and it didn't work).
CBJ wins 3-2. Denis plays well again. Nash, Letowski and Walser all tally for the good guys. Legwand and Walker notch goals for the hated Preds.
Somebody gets beaten up. I offend my wife at some point. Cute little kid who usually sits behind me will say something funny. I'll get hungry for a brat halfway through the first but resist it out of a desire to save money for beer. I'll drink beer.

4-0 Jackets.

First Person to Hit Zherdev remotly Cheap gets a face full of fist.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:10 AM
jackets63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
4-0 Jackets.

First Person to Hit Zherdev remotly Cheap gets a face full of fist.
3rd line:
Shelley-Malhotra-Zherdev

Play them for 12-14 mins and watch thier toungues hang out and resurface the ice. Save on gas for the Zamboni.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:11 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

spicey...

Always a little spice on the board when the Preds and BJs go head to head.

No predictions from me-- Preds are too inconsistent on the road. I would like to see Zherdev's skill matched against Hamhuis defense...

Old
12-04-2003, 11:31 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Old
12-04-2003, 11:39 AM
jacketracket*

I've had this strange premonition, off and on throughout the day, that Nasher is gonna beat someone down tonight.

Maybe after someone attempts to run Z, I dunno---I just have a feeling that this will be the night that Nash takes another step towards becoming one of the leaders on this team.

Note: I'm not advocating that Nash needs to fight to be a leader; I just have a feeling that he'll end up coming to another's defense.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:46 AM
AL-Canadian

2 of my 3 favorite teams going at it again. The Preds' streak is very shaky (can you say Vokoun), so this is another interesting game. Jackets are hurting on defense and only Nash/Vyborny seem to be scoring on a regular basis. I still think the shaky Preds will over run the weakened Jackets Dmen and snare a 5-2 W.

I also think the Jackets' Zman will be a super player but he'll be in the middle of some serious jet-lag tonight. I hope if he's on the ice, that he's 100% ready to go, or he could get hurt. He was starting to drag a bit at the end of their last game (a fine victory!!)

Old
12-04-2003, 11:56 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
I've had this strange premonition, off and on throughout the day, that Nasher is gonna beat someone down tonight.

Maybe after someone attempts to run Z, I dunno---I just have a feeling that this will be the night that Nash takes another step towards becoming one of the leaders on this team.

Note: I'm not advocating that Nash needs to fight to be a leader; I just have a feeling that he'll end up coming to another's defense.
Well, I AM advocating Nash throwing down more. Everyone keeps calling him a "power forward" but I don't see the sense in that title if you can't physically intimidate. Violence can be a useful tool, sometimes. Hope he can do better than Klesla.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:09 PM
smashviller

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-o-45
Well, I AM advocating Nash throwing down more. Everyone keeps calling him a "power forward" but I don't see the sense in that title if you can't physically intimidate. Violence can be a useful tool, sometimes. Hope he can do better than Klesla.
Im all for a little rough play, but Nash would be better off making his tough guy debut against a different team.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:39 PM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashviller
Im all for a little rough play, but Nash would be better off making his tough guy debut against a different team.
Yeah, like my cousin's midget team

I just hope Tootoo gets to see the ice tonight instead of Stevenson. If so, get ready for the fists to fly.

I'd like to see a Shelley/McKenzie rematch.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:42 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd prefer a Brookbank Shelley rematch.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Ejh18

You wont see Shelly Vs. anyone. Healthy scratch. So is JL-GP and Fritsche.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Congrats to Zherdev, hope they count it. He deserved it. Your rookie beat our rookie

If they don't count it, they should rewrite that rule to keep this from happening.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:40 PM
CBJSlash

That was P*** poor call. Period. Should of at least got a tripping minor out of it.

Closed Thread