HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Columbus vs. Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 04:34 PM
CBJSlash

vCash: 500
If it wasn't for Vokuum freaking Spidey sense

Old
12-04-2003, 04:51 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

What a freakin roller coaster of a game.
All I got to say for Vokoun (and a smothering defense) is.......
Not gonna whine about the ridiculous non-calls, either. That crap can go either way.

Nash and Zherdev on the same line was scary. Like to see more of that.

Old
12-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Hey, curious Canuck fan(and converted Nash fan here, hehe) just wondering how the combination of Nash and Zherdev looked out there on the ice?

Nash has already hit his last year's goal mark. He's certainly off to one hell of a start.

~Canucklehead~

12-04-2003, 04:59 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
Hey, curious Canuck fan(and converted Nash fan here, hehe) just wondering how the combination of Nash and Zherdev looked out there on the ice?

Nash has already hit his last year's goal mark. He's certainly off to one hell of a start.

~Canucklehead~
Didn't see much of it, but liked what I saw. Alot.
Hey, Canucklehead, haven't I seen you on some other boards??

Old
12-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Ejh18

Quote:
H just wondering how the combination of Nash and Zherdev looked out there on the ice?
Didn't happen much, but when it did.

Scary!

Old
12-04-2003, 05:49 PM
JDog

Quote:

~Canucklehead~
I was at the game tonight...undoubtedly, Zherdev was the best Blue Jacket on the ice. He made stuff happen on every shift. He had a nice wrap around goal waived off and then later scored on a nice redirection. He also assisted on a Nash goal....the potential of this kid is just awesome. I thought he would look out of place, but he looked really comfortable. He played on a line with Malhotra & Pirjeta. At the end when the CBJ needed a goal they played him with Nash & Cassels.

Old
12-04-2003, 06:10 PM
Ejh18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog
I then later scored on a nice redirection. .
He scored on a snap shot.

Nash scored on the Re-direction.

I agree he looked comfortable. Imagine what he will look like when he actually get some practices under his belt. Oh and that language thing too...

Old
12-04-2003, 06:20 PM
jacketracket*

Just got back in from the game--and read all 3 pages of this thread. Surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet, but Aaron Johnson picked up an assist on BOTH *insert sarcastic smilie here* of Z's goals.

We saw the future out there tonight, and it looks GOOD!! AJ on the blue line, w/Nasher and Z creating some havoc.

Hats off to the Predlies for doing what it took to win---TV is the real deal.

Old
12-04-2003, 06:23 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
Just got back in from the game--and read all 3 pages of this thread. Surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet, but Aaron Johnson picked up an assist on BOTH *insert sarcastic smilie here* of Z's goals.

We saw the future out there tonight, and it looks GOOD!! AJ on the blue line, w/Nasher and Z creating some havoc.

Hats off to the Predlies for doing what it took to win---TV is the real deal.
Yup. Cheers to the youngblood!!!!

Old
12-04-2003, 07:47 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-o-45
Yup. Cheers to the youngblood!!!!

Good game by the Jackets...this will bud into a good rivalry. Although the new system NHL goes with in the new CBA is unclear, one thing is certain, and that is the younger teams with low payrolls will have a more level playing field and maybe even a slight advantage in the new agreement....ie...if the NHL goes with a cap..ahem "cost certainty" some teams will be hard pressed to get under that cap and keep the teams nucleas intact. Either way, the future looks bright for both these squads. GL until the next time we meet.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Didn't see much of it, but liked what I saw. Alot.
Hey, Canucklehead, haven't I seen you on some other boards??
Which Boards would those be?

And Nash just keeps on rolling, Jackets fans have gotta be loving his play. Zherdev is just going to add to a very, very underrated team.

~Canucklehead~

Old
12-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Radulov for Czar*

can't wait til it's the Preds and BJ's goin 1 and 2 for the Central!

Old
12-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
can't wait til it's the Preds and BJ's goin 1 and 2 for the Central!

Its too bad the BJs are going to make us wait awhile

Old
12-05-2003, 02:58 AM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Its too bad the BJs are going to make us wait awhile

Ouch - that one left a mark. Medic!

Old
12-05-2003, 03:11 AM
3mta3

My thoughts:

The youngsters showed a lot of promise.

Vokoun is a STUD. Any idea how long he can keep it up? A hot netminder is great, but a hot netminder who doesn't have to work his tail off is even better.

Not a bad performance from our team missing 4 of it's starting 6 defensemen.

Don't think about losing to a bitter rival at home (with some questionable officiating depriving us of a goal and/or penalty) - think happy thoughts about the good things... [keep repeating that until your blood pressure returns to safe levels]

Old
12-05-2003, 03:28 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

I'll be the first in line for the Vokun for Vezina campaign. He was fantastic.
Someone called the game a rollercoaster and that is a perfect description.
God did Zherdev look good on the puck. That first goal was fantastic. He got a long standing ovation. It was one of my favorite Nationwide moments. (I'm pretending what transpired after didn't happen).

Old
12-05-2003, 03:50 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Just a question out of curiousity: I watched the game on TV and it sounded like the jackets fans booed the whole game...when we scored...when we went on the PP....when we held the puck behind the net...when Z's goal was taken away (somewhat understandable, but for 5+ minutes?). It just seemed like some poor sportsmanship IMO. Maybe some of you could shed some light on this for me.

Oh and of course the goal taken away from Z was sweet. That kid looks good and I hope he works out for you. I think I'd still keep our Z though

Old
12-05-2003, 04:20 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Just a question out of curiousity: I watched the game on TV and it sounded like the jackets fans booed the whole game...when we scored...when we went on the PP....when we held the puck behind the net...when Z's goal was taken away (somewhat understandable, but for 5+ minutes?). It just seemed like some poor sportsmanship IMO. Maybe some of you could shed some light on this for me.

Oh and of course the goal taken away from Z was sweet. That kid looks good and I hope he works out for you. I think I'd still keep our Z though
I think most of that was due to the Zherdev goal that was taken away. Nothing personal against the Preds, by any means.
You've got to understand what a high moment that goal was for the building (and all fans of Columbus), and how having it stipped away was like a punch in the guts. It's obvious our free agent dabbeling isn't doing much for us, so the only thing we've got to pin our hopes on are the young guys. So far, so good. The young guys seem to be working out. They're definately working out for Nashville.
It's not unheard of for Columbus fans to boo their own team, either, wether it's due to a lackluster preformance (second period) or just stupid mistakes (too many to count). As much as I like Nash, I wasn't happy with the dumb-ass penalties he took. If he's got to go to the box, I'd rather see him in there for five, while giving me something interesting to watch.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:22 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Hey, racketman, have a good time at the game???

Old
12-05-2003, 04:30 AM
3mta3

Quote:
Jackets fans at the arena don't boo the home team much. It tends to get quiet more than unfriendly. As it is normally rocking, that quiet is downright deafening.

The boos are reserved for the officials and the visitors.

I also noticed the booing while you were changing lines. I wondered if there was something happening away from the play, because that was uncharacteristic.

Personally, 5 minutes wasn't long enough for that travesty. The make up later was just as lame.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:38 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mta3
Jackets fans at the arena don't boo the home team much. It tends to get quiet more than unfriendly. As it is normally rocking, that quiet is downright deafening.

The boos are reserved for the officials and the visitors.

I also noticed the booing while you were changing lines. I wondered if there was something happening away from the play, because that was uncharacteristic.

Personally, 5 minutes wasn't long enough for that travesty. The make up later was just as lame.
Well, I, for one, have no problems booing the home team.:p Nothing wrong with letting em know how you feel. I mean, we're the ones dishing out the bucks, ya know.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:41 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:

Perhaps I can.

I don't like to complain about officiating, because I honestly think that 1) bad calls tend to even out over the course of a game
2) IMO, newer teams, such as the CBJ and the Preds tend to get the shorter end of the officiating stick---we have to live w/it
3) blaming the officiating in a game in which your team hasn't played hard---a fairly common thing the past year or so w/the CBJ---is lame

Having said that, some of the officiating we CBJ fans watched on TV during the last loss in Nashville was, frankly, horrid. David Vyborny being tackled from behind on a break-away, w/no call, speaks for itself.

I was at the game last night, so I didn't have the advantage of instant replay, but I certainly didn't see blatant cases of poor officiating from my seat. However, the goal that was taken away from OUR Z was clearly on the cusp of questionability. Our Z clearly scored while being dragged down by YOUR Z, after YOUR Z had clearly bumped the net---momentarily lifting the net in a way that didn't move the net from it's moorings, and didn't have any impact on the goal itself. The play was questionable enough that the whole reviewing process took over 5 minutes---suggesting that the officials reviewing it had some trouble coming to a conclusion.

So, when our Z lost his first career goal---a highlight-reel quality goal scored while being dragged down by your Z, after your Z barely bumped the net trying to recover from the move our Z had burned him with---the fans reacted.

The same response would have been heard had the situation been reversed, and Nashvillians felt that they had been hosed in their own barn. The only difference is that the booing sounds much louder, and much more sustained, when coming from a crowd of 16,500-17,000, as opposed to 9,000.

Last edited by jacketracket*: 12-05-2003 at 04:45 AM.
Old
12-05-2003, 04:45 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I love the way CBJs keep dogging our attendance, it's the only thing they have since we own them. Nashville is winning now, the fans will come back, they were just protesting before.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:47 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Hey, racketman, have a good time at the game???
Yep, I sure did. You know where the seats are---I don't think a better view of Z's goal-that-wasn't is possible!!

Old
12-05-2003, 04:55 AM
cbjrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I love the way CBJs keep dogging our attendance, it's the only thing they have since we own them. Nashville is winning now, the fans will come back, they were just protesting before.
Yes, but by that time it will be too late...contraction will kick in. Six teams will fold if there is a work stoppage Nashville is one of them. The other five will be

Pittsburgh
Florida
Calgary
Edmonton
Washington (they may move before they fold tho...)

get this months Forbes and you'll see why

Closed Thread