HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Top Ten Nashville Home Game Experiences

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 11:04 AM
smashviller

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85
We also like to play the song " on the road again" in honor of the Jackets and thier road record this season!!!!!!
you forgot to mention the 'I lIke It, I Love it' video clip that goes off every time that Nashville scores on your porous goalies.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:06 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashviller
you forgot to mention the 'I lIke It, I Love it' video clip that goes off every time that Nashville scores on your porous goalies.
And in honor of Klesla, "Don't mess with my Tootoo"

Old
12-04-2003, 11:20 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85
We also like to play the song " on the road again" in honor of the Jackets and thier road record this season!!!!!!
Now THIS is NOT funny! Everything in this thread had been light-hearted and good-natured.

Somebody always has to cross the line, though.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:39 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
No preds game would be complete without having some damn yankee telling us how they do it "up there."

Old
12-04-2003, 12:09 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
And in honor of Klesla, "Don't mess with my Tootoo"

Man, that's funny. Seriously.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:06 PM
smashviller

vCash:
I hate people making fun of Tennesseans, but as soon as Cotton Eyed Joe starts blasting half way through the 3rd, Im always out of my seat dancing.

Then I catch myself and get back into the seat.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Radulov for Czar*

you left something off of your list: 2 free points in the standings when Columbus comes into town

Old
12-04-2003, 01:16 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Yawn...can we get some original, insightful redneck/Pred humor going here? I know it's easy and doesn't require much thought but geez, this is just campy.

Edit: On the way back from Pittsburgh this Thanksgiving, I stopped in a small Ohio town called Brownsville in the ever bustling county of Licking. For someone from Columbus to call anyone in Nashville a redneck when a civilization such as this is a mere 45 minutes away is just humorous. I have more teeth than the entire staff at the local McDonalds. And I'm not Gary Busey

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 12-04-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old
12-04-2003, 01:17 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
I hate people making fun of Tennesseans, but as soon as Cotton Eyed Joe starts blasting half way through the 3rd, Im always out of my seat dancing.

Then I catch myself and get back into the seat.
They play it in Pittsburgh too.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:34 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
On the way back from Pittsburgh this Thanksgiving, I stopped in a small Ohio town called Brownsville in the ever bustling county of Licking. For someone from Columbus to call anyone in Nashville a redneck when a civilization such as this is a mere 45 minutes away is just humorous. I have more teeth than the entire staff at the local McDonalds. And I'm not Gary Busey

I agree the north ( especially IL, IN, WI and OH) has more jacked up truck drivin, nascar watching, wife beating, sister breeding rednecks than we could ever dream of having. Yet, we have a twang and that makes us imbiciles. Stop the stereotypes.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:26 PM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Yawn...can we get some original, insightful redneck/Pred humor going here? I know it's easy and doesn't require much thought but geez, this is just campy.
Smokey, what a hypocritical statement you made there. The Top Ten List was no more campy than, for example, the times you have used as an avatar pictures of our top prospects that you have doctored to look like they have on makeup, earrings, etc. As I did, I'm sure that you thought those avatars were all in good fun, right? I could understand your feelings if I posted this thread on the Preds board, but I didn't. You unfortunately come across to me in your statement above as a "dish it out, but can't take it" kind of person. I sincerely hope that over time you prove me wrong. I make fun of myself as much as I do anyone else, and I hope you can say the same thing about yourself one day.

I will repeat what I have already stated in this thread, about this thread, which was that no harm was intended by it and that it was all in good fun. If you want to be offended by it, that's your choice. I have new-found respect for a lot of posters on your board now as a result of this thread, and I would think you should be happy with that.

*Foley steps off of soapbox*

Now, to wrap up what has transpired in this thread:

1. I know jack squat about moonshine

2. DJ and I are going straight to Hell

3. Even though Enoch is sending me to Hell, I still think he's all right

4. Barry Trotz may be related to Junior Samples and/or Curly of The Three Stooges, but nothing definitive has been arrived at yet

5. The Jackets still can't beat the Preds, even at home. Congrats on the win tonight.

Last edited by Matt Foley*: 12-05-2003 at 02:53 AM.
Old
12-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Radulov for Czar*

did I hear Cotton Eyed Joe in the 3rd period??

Old
12-04-2003, 07:33 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
How about "Turn out the lights the party is over"

Old
12-04-2003, 07:40 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey

Really whoever made up this song up needs to join DJ and Foley in hell...check that...I think they make special places in hell for guys that come up with crap like cotton eyed joe...the macarana sp?..and the electric slide.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:43 PM
gopreds98

Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Really whoever made up this song up needs to join DJ and Foley in hell...check that...I think they make special places in hell for guys that come up with crap like cotton eyed joe...the macarana sp?..and the electric slide.
Hey....there is no mocking the electric slide. I've been to NHL Booster Club Conventions and seen old hockey fans, a lot more dedicated than you or me dancing to that song and getting down with the moves.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey

Yeah, you did. I hate that song. Nobody that sits by me at Nationwide likes it, either; we figure it must be Doug MacLean's favorite.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley
Yeah, you did. I hate that song. Nobody that sits by me at Nationwide likes it, either; we figure it must be Doug MacLean's favorite.
glad to see I'm not alone

Old
12-04-2003, 08:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

for the record, "cotton eyed joe" is a popular stadium song in colorado, as well.

well, let's face it, guys.

anything is better than "who let tha doggs out?"

Old
12-05-2003, 02:03 AM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
for the record, "cotton eyed joe" is a popular stadium song in colorado, as well.

I guessing that one of my punishments in Hell will be to have to listen to songs like "Cotton Eyed Joe" and "Macarena" for eternity.

Old
12-05-2003, 03:44 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

If I recall correctly a few seasons back it was "who let the preds out?"

Old
12-05-2003, 02:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Smokey, what a hypocritical statement you made there. The Top Ten List was no more campy than, for example, the times you have used as an avatar pictures of our top prospects that you have doctored to look like they have on makeup, earrings, etc. As I did, I'm sure that you thought those avatars were all in good fun, right?
I disagree. I was not being hypocritical in any way. I know these were in good fun, but they aren't original. I see them constantly. I'm sure, if motivated, other teams fans would come up with eerily similar lists. Now, how many pictures of Zherdev (or Nash) with lipstick, a black eye, earrings, and diamonds do you see? I was harping on the originality of the whole list. My avatars did not lack originality. In fact, they were regarded by quite a few to be hilariously original(CBJ fans included) though I don't think they compare to my current one.

I guess I was just disappointed that it always seems to come back to rednecks when it comes to Tennessee. I can't figure it out. Having lived (for some period of time) in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota, they are just as bad. I noticed a general trend in every state: The farther you are away from the big city/cities, the more redneck people become. I saw it in Canada, Ohio, Tennessee, and even New York. It's just a sore spot because it is so untrue. It's an uneducated opinion.

I'll be up for the Preds/BJ's game around the weekend of the 14 of Feb (I think it's a monday). I'll be there and I'll show you what a born and raised Nashvillian sounds/acts/smells like

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 12-05-2003 at 02:18 PM.
Old
12-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
I disagree. I was not being hypocritical in any way. I know these were in good fun, but they aren't original. I see them constantly. I'm sure, if motivated, other teams fans would come up with eerily similar lists. Now, how many pictures of Zherdev (or Nash) with lipstick, a black eye, earrings, and diamonds do you see? I was harping on the originality of the whole list. My avatars did not lack originality. In fact, they were regarded by quite a few to be hilariously original(CBJ fans included) though I don't think they compare to my current one.

I guess I was just disappointed that it always seems to come back to rednecks when it comes to Tennessee. I can't figure it out. Having lived (for some period of time) in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota, they are just as bad. I noticed a general trend in every state: The farther you are away from the big city/cities, the more redneck people become. I saw it in Canada, Ohio, Tennessee, and even New York. It's just a sore spot because it is so untrue. It's an uneducated opinion.

I'll be up for the Preds/BJ's game around the weekend of the 14 of Feb (I think it's a monday). I'll be there and I'll show you what a born and raised Nashvillian sounds/acts/smells like
I appreciate you taking the time to try to explain your side of the story, which is more than what most other people in your position would have done. You didn't change my mind, but at least you gave it a reasonable try. In my opinion, it's just too easy to take a picture of someone and make them look ridiculous; my six-year-old son does that all the time, drawing mustaches on pictures of people in the newspaper.

My job takes me all over the country, and I say with the utmost honesty that the best and most worthwhile working relationships I have are with people in the South, particularly in Louisiana, Texas, and yes, Tennessee. Without exception, they are much more friendly and easy to work with than those say, on the East or West Coast. Just understand that I made my list knowing full well what decent people Southerners tend to be, along with my knowing that the list was hardly original or true. I just wanted my Jackets brethren to have something to laugh about and to help get them fired up for the game that night, that's all.

Old
12-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
I appreciate you taking the time to try to explain your side of the story, which is more than what most other people in your position would have done. You didn't change my mind, but at least you gave it a reasonable try. In my opinion, it's just too easy to take a picture of someone and make them look ridiculous; my six-year-old son does that all the time, drawing mustaches on pictures of people in the newspaper.

My job takes me all over the country, and I say with the utmost honesty that the best and most worthwhile working relationships I have are with people in the South, particularly in Louisiana, Texas, and yes, Tennessee. Without exception, they are much more friendly and easy to work with than those say, on the East or West Coast. Just understand that I made my list knowing full well what decent people Southerners tend to be, along with my knowing that the list was hardly original or true. I just wanted my Jackets brethren to have something to laugh about and to help get them fired up for the game that night, that's all.
Amen, and the best part about the whole thing was the Preds fans adding stuff in

Closed Thread