HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Story On Devo

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 07:18 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Good Story On Devo

I wish we still had him

http://nhl.com/worldgame/eurostars/dvorak120503.html

Old
12-05-2003, 07:25 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
NOT ME!!

I'll take Anson Crapper any day....

Old
12-05-2003, 07:43 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
NOT ME!!

I'll take Anson Crapper any day....

To be honest, I was more disapointed in dealing Cross. He played well and is solid defensive dman. Plays a simple game, we need more players like him.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:13 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
To be honest, I was more disapointed in dealing Cross. He played well and is solid defensive dman. Plays a simple game, we need more players like him.
I didnt mind dealing Devo at the time. Cross is solid but expendable. I am just VERY dissapointed with Carter. I hope he can turn it around otherwise I hope Sather deals him before the deadline.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Rodent

Quote:
I wish we still had him
Yeah, but if he was here, he'd probably not be producing as he can on the great ice surface in Edmonton.

Dvorak's game is speed... beating the defensman wide and then turning towards the crease. He could not do that on MSG ice with the molasses officiating we've been subjected to since the Holik signing.

Keep in mind that when Devo was dealt, the "permanence" of Bure's knee problem was not established. With Kovalev and Bure penciled in to be the two "scoring" RWs, the switch to Anson Carter made more sense because he's more versatile. If Anson had begun producing (in Bure's absence) nobody would be having second thoughts about Devo at this time.

While I could figuratively kill Glen Sather for the Poti/York trade. i won't fault him for the Dvorak-Carter deal, particularly when you consider just how low Devo's trade value had been at the time.

Don't forget, Florida gave up on Dvorak, too.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:54 PM
Barnaby

I agree.... I wouldnt kill Sather on that deal. I was VERY happy with the deal at the time.

I still believe that York deal really did hurt us though. York was the heart of this team.

Old
12-06-2003, 04:03 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Dvorak's game is speed...
Yup, and it's yet to be replaced..

I don't think Devo himself was a big loss for the Rangers, but his speed should have been replaced somewhere on the roster..

Old
12-06-2003, 06:00 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I was very vocal about wanting to trade Dvorak. And I loved the deal for Carter.

What was strange to me was Dvorak came back from an injury to he knees and it was his hands that were gone.

12-06-2003, 12:51 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Yup, and it's yet to be replaced..

I don't think Devo himself was a big loss for the Rangers, but his speed should have been replaced somewhere on the roster..
If Rucinsky keeps up his play (probably doubtful) then we already did. Honestly I didn't know that Rucinsky was as fast as he's shown the last few games. They could use speed in this lineup but for all the speed Dvorak had, he couldn't produce anything with that speed his last year here. I always liked him but his time was up here. At the time the trade was a no brainer. In fact people were complaining that it was another selling of a player a team couldn't afford rather then a straight up trade talent for talent.

Of course the fact that Carter isn't producing yet brings back the second guessing but I have enough patience to a falt that I'm giving him more time before I permanately lambast him.

Closed Thread