HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hemsky

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 05:54 AM
coyote

vCash: 500
Hemsky

Seems to be giving up the puck alot lately. 5 on 5 he is ineffective but on the power play he moves the puck well. He has all the talent in the world but I believe he is trying to complicate the game by trying to make the highlite play of the game. He has got to simplfy the game and not be so predictable. The behind the back passes and the toe drags do not work in this league all the time. Use them sparingly and they work.

Old
12-04-2003, 06:14 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
He isn't skating at top speed like he did last year, and is always slowing down to make a play.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:43 AM
jadeddog

whats that saying..... its hard to be something when your flying with turkeys? or something like that..... i didnt get the quote right, but you get the general idea..... it seems to me that at least once a game i see a very frustrated look on hemskys face.... it happens quite often after he makes some great pass and the recipient screws it up, or when hemsky puts the puck in an area where somebody *should* be and they arnt there..... to me lots of hemskys problems this year (and he doesnt have very many at ALL, considering how young he is and that hes 2nd in team scoring) have to do with the players that he is playing with.... you have to remember that last year he was playing with marchant and smyth (at his proper position)....

if macT would just get his head out of his ass and put together the most OBVIOUS 1st line (smyth-oates-hemsky), i think we would see both hemsky and smyth improve their game drastically

Closed Thread