HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

When Anze scores-

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
  #1
Malice430
Registered User
 
Malice430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
When Anze scores-

Everytime Anze scores a goal at Staple Center, i think the crowd should start a "Calder-Calder-Calder-Calder" chant. or even if he just gets an assist.

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
  #2
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Malkin's getting the Calder unless he gets a big-time injury.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 06:50 PM
  #3
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Malkin's getting the Calder unless he gets a big-time injury.
To quote Squidward: "But there are some people who are hopelessly optimistic that this [player] still has a shot. Poor souls"

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 07:04 PM
  #4
Kingswin
 
Kingswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
you guys are boring

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
  #5
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
To quote Squidward: "But there are some people who are hopelessly optimistic that this [player] still has a shot. Poor souls"
Likening Anze's chance at the Calder Trophy to the Kings chances at the playoffs is like saying that Ovechkin has about the same chance of catching Crosby in the scoring race as Sean Avery.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM
  #6
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
Likening Anze's chance at the Calder Trophy to the Kings chances at the playoffs is like saying that Ovechkin has about the same chance of catching Crosby in the scoring race as Sean Avery.
In terms of numbers, I think they'll be pretty much dead even...but Malkin has the tie-breaker in high profile.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
  #7
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
In terms of numbers, I think they'll be pretty much dead even...but Malkin has the tie-breaker in high profile.
Oh I agree that Anze will probably have to outscore Malkin to even have a chance at the Calder. I was just showing that comparing Anze's chances of surpassing Malkin to the Kings chances of making the playoffs is preposterous.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 02:43 AM
  #8
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
In terms of numbers, I think they'll be pretty much dead even...but Malkin has the tie-breaker in high profile.
The thing that I think would seal it more than profile is his goal production, which is almost double.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
I was just showing that comparing Anze's chances of surpassing Malkin to the Kings chances of making the playoffs is preposterous.
...because one's optimism and one's "realism," right?


Last edited by Osprey: 01-16-2007 at 03:14 AM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 06:30 AM
  #9
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,229
vCash: 5775
Kopitar is only 3 points behind Malkin even though he's played more games. Malkin has cooled off and in the past the people who vote have shown they don't always give the Calder to a selected golden boy.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 09:16 AM
  #10
The Judge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Kopitar is only 3 points behind Malkin even though he's played more games. Malkin has cooled off and in the past the people who vote have shown they don't always give the Calder to a selected golden boy.
I hope this is the case here too.

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:58 PM
  #11
budclay
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Kopitar is only 3 points behind Malkin even though he's played more games. Malkin has cooled off and in the past the people who vote have shown they don't always give the Calder to a selected golden boy.
Kopitar is, and is going to be, a very fine player, but Malkin, if healthy, will win the Calder hands down because he will have more points, goals, and in less games, and his team will be playing more meaningful games down the stretch. Numbers are numbers. What's there even to debate really? It has zilch to do with being a "selected golden boy" and all to do with being the best rookie.

budclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 02:51 PM
  #12
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 1140
...

I still think Anze has a shot at the Calder. What he needs to do is get on another roll or two and surpass Malkin! Can he do it? sure!

Just give him 25 minutes of ice time instead of 20...I think he can handle it!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 03:15 PM
  #13
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
I still think Anze has a shot at the Calder. What he needs to do is get on another roll or two and surpass Malkin! Can he do it? sure!

Just give him 25 minutes of ice time instead of 20...I think he can handle it!
He'd really have to get ahead of him in order to be in the running.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 03:52 PM
  #14
Malice430
Registered User
 
Malice430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
when i started this post, i wasnt looking to start a kopitar vs malkin arguement. just trying an idea to get some support for the guy. i think it would be a tribute to him to show how much the fans really love him, since hes the most exciting thing to happend to the Kings since August 9, 1988. so lets just get the chants going.

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.