HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is Laraque's Trade value?

View Poll Results: Laraque's worth?
Late first rounder 5 14.29%
2nd round + 3rd round pick 8 22.86%
2nd rounder 9 25.71%
Top 4 dman 4 11.43%
20-20 scorer 4 11.43%
Bag of Peanuts 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 06:38 AM
Oiltalk

vCash: 500
What is Laraque's Trade value?

Out of all the signings the Oilers have made in the last few years I can't think of any worse than Lowe giving Laraque a three year deal. Paying over one million a year for an enforcer who will get into 5 fights a year and contribute a miniscule 10 pts.(these pts. all coming in the 4 or 5 solid games he has in an 82 game schedule) to the team per season is ridiculous. If Laraque would do one of enforce or show up for the majority of games in a season I would be more than happy, but clearly he has been a big disapointment.
With the club struggling and Laraque pulling off another one of his poor seasons, is trading him the best solution? How much value does he hold around the league?

Old
12-04-2003, 07:32 AM
gretzky2kurri

He still has value. But it's plummeting.

I howled to get rid of him last year. I feel his value was higher last season than this season.

Old
12-04-2003, 07:54 AM
woody

If you can package him with Comrie and acquire a young 1st or 2nd centre or a top 3 d-man. Then Lowe should drive both Comrie and Laraque to airport himself.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:01 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
If you can package him with Comrie and acquire a young 1st or 2nd centre or a top 3 d-man. Then Lowe should drive both Comrie and Laraque to airport himself.
Nevermind Lowe. I'd personally drive them down to the airport myself. :mad:

Old
12-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
4 practice pucks, 6 rolls of tape and a dozen broken sticks .Nuthin ..hes too worried about Rick Dees Top 40 than being the enforcer the Oilers havnt had since Semenko laced em up.

Semenko

Old
12-04-2003, 10:27 AM
creative giant*

I don't think he has much value. People are starting to realize that he's become a bit of a puss and will only fight if some up and coming young tough guy wants to make an impression. That's when BG is accomodating he's just too nice on the ice. The guy has been in the league long enough and if he doesn't know his role by now, he'll never get it.

However, he does play great in the playoffs and hopefully some team out there will think he'd be a great fit for their playoff run and give us a 2nd rounder for him. I voted bag of peanuts though.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I'm sure Montreal would want him, even if he is a nice guy, he still demands respect and will make the guys around him play bigger because they know that Big Georges is there.

Y. Perrault (eat portion of salary Mr. Gainey)
for
G. Laraque

they don't really have room for Perrault, and we could go from having the worst faceoff taking core in the league to the best. (Oates/Perrault/Reasoner)

Old
12-04-2003, 11:15 AM
PigPen

To some contenders who need some muscle with a bit of skill, I can see Laraque fetching a late 1st rounder or a pair of decent prospects.
He's the type of player GM's try to outbid each other on.

Closed Thread