HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeycentral Tonight

Old
01-15-2007, 11:32 PM
gr8haluschak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund Oiler View Post
So you would want an egotistical, soft, offence only, spoiled brat little midget who plays like a pu$$y on your team? Who is a cancer in the dressing room who for every team he has played for, the players can't stand? trust me. i have inside info. There is a reason why Mike Comrie is always being moved. Mike Comrie only cares about Mike Comrie. Same with Rob Schremp.
oh ok mr inside info, now keeping on topic I mean if you have this inside info and Schremp is what you say he is (and I will venture to guess that if this is true then teams probably will know this as well) and you claim that Lupul sucks tell me who are we going to get ?

gr8haluschak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
So you would want an egotistical, soft, offence only, spoiled brat little midget who plays like a pu$$y on your team? Who is a cancer in the dressing room who for every team he has played for, the players can't stand? trust me. i have inside info. There is a reason why Mike Comrie is always being moved. Mike Comrie only cares about Mike Comrie. Same with Rob Schremp.
Let's see here. You hate Lupul, Schremp, Bergeron, the entire Oilers team. Why are you even a fan if you hate the Oilers. MAB does belong in the NHL and I'm sick of reading your garbage. Schremp does not equal Comrie. Edmonton was one of 2 teams Schremp was hoping would draft him. It's time that you wake up and take off those Oilers-hatred glasses.

01-15-2007, 11:52 PM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
read my posts. 9 times out of 10 they are correct. May.
Wow that is why Edmonton has warmed up all that hot air that you spewed is finally blowing in here

lets look at these classics -

prior to the summer you stated Biron, San Jose Goalies, Denis should be signed before Roli - I am sorry but i think there may be a small problem here it is called THEY HAVE CONTRACTS, and tell me how has Denis done

During the SCF you said that the team did not believe in Jussi, I did not know one game made that series, especially after you keep BS us with your have faith comments you went and threw Jussi under the bus for one game

Tell me now who needed who more right now Spacek or the Oilers because you stated the Oilers did not need him seems that we do.

but sorry i forgot 9 out of 10 posts are right

Old
01-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

I think what people need to remember is Lupul was drafted 1 year before MAP.

Think about that for a second. Just 1 year before him. MAP is still a prospect and Lupul has already had a couple of seasons in the NHL. I bring this up just so everybody can understand how young he really is.

He also has had a HUGE change of sceneary coming from Anaheim to Edmonton. It would have been nice if he had made the adjustment right off the bat but he hasn't. He has however still only been here for half a season. We have to understand this was his first trade and there is a lot of pressure on him.

Has he played well? Not really, but giving up on him at this point could turn out to be a BIG mistake. Hemsky was a pretty bad player when he was 20/21 as well. Young players do get better people, they really do. If we keep giving up on kids, we will turn into the Leafs.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:10 AM
HuMz

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerlova View Post

Hemsky was a pretty bad player when he was 20/21 as well. Young players do get better people, they really do. If we keep giving up on kids, we will turn into the Leafs.

Perfectly said.......many of the same posters who are calling for Lupuls head are the same ones who crucified Hemsky and said how bad we needed to trade him while his value was still high. Just because this kid scored 28 goals at such a young age doesn't mean hes done developing and its all smooth sailing from here on out.....its all part of a players development process and some take longer then others.

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Loweball

Hemsky 83. At least I didn't say what you said about the wife thing. I never would say what I know as that isn't tolerated here and you crossed that line , i didn't. I had the class not to say what I know. And my opinion of Mike Comrie stands. He isn't a good guy in the room. I wasn't getting personal on Schremp. You guys took that wrong. My comments were about Comrie.

Loweball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Hemsky 83. At least I didn't say what you said about the wife thing. I never would say what I know as that isn't tolerated here and you crossed that line , i didn't. I had the class not to say what I know. And my opinion of Mike Comrie stands. He isn't a good guy in the room. I wasn't getting personal on Schremp. You guys took that wrong. My comments were about Comrie.
Fair enough, but didn't you also say Schremp = Comrie? If you did, wouldn't your comments also hold true for Schremp?

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Loweball

not the personal crap. just as hockey players and attitudes. WAY Different thing that what I have been trying to get across.

Loweball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:19 AM
HuMz

Some food for thought: Recently named all-star Rick Nash from the same draft year as Lupul who went 1st overall has one more goal than Lupul. Not too mention Nash is way more off pace of his break out year as Lupul.

Nash doesn't recieve 3% the critizism from his fans as Lupul does here. Nash may have been injured for a FEW games, but if thats an excuse than your 1st trade back playing infront of your hometown with all the pressure should be as great if not greater of a adjustment period.

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak View Post
who are we going to get ?
Someone "really, really good."

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 12:38 AM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Someone "really, really good."

while we are at it could we trade Stoll and Torres for Oveckin as well I mean if a guy who is sucking so bad and a spoiled brat who is unproven can get someone real good like the guy said imagine what guys who are having good seasons can get. Do you think we can trade Smyth for Iggy and Phaneuf as well because imagine what Smyth's career year could get us.

Old
01-16-2007, 02:18 AM
FloydTheBarber

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KodUjdydnD0

FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak View Post
while we are at it could we trade Stoll and Torres for Oveckin as well I mean if a guy who is sucking so bad and a spoiled brat who is unproven can get someone real good like the guy said imagine what guys who are having good seasons can get. Do you think we can trade Smyth for Iggy and Phaneuf as well because imagine what Smyth's career year could get us.
It wouldn't matter who Lowe traded for, he'd still be bashed. He could trade for Crosby and fans would want him fired and would bash him. It's the truth and that ain't no lie.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 03:36 AM
shawnmullin

Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
"Trust me I have inside info"

OK!

shawnmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 09:23 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Aucoin has a 4mill/year for the next three season contract

he aint worth it

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Slats432

A few posters need to check themselves. Keep it civil.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 10:24 AM
limecorrado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
Some food for thought: Recently named all-star Rick Nash from the same draft year as Lupul who went 1st overall has one more goal than Lupul. Not too mention Nash is way more off pace of his break out year as Lupul.

Nash doesn't recieve 3% the critizism from his fans as Lupul does here. Nash may have been injured for a FEW games, but if thats an excuse than your 1st trade back playing infront of your hometown with all the pressure should be as great if not greater of a adjustment period.

Great Post.

limecorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

I think it's difficult for us to simply give up on our young players for a quick fix, which would get us a 7th or 8th seed and an early out. Now, the playoffs are a whole new season, but, if we can't swing some serious trades to ramp up our back-end for little to no cost like we did last year, then we're honestly better off keeping and developing our young players and coming out of the gate next year stronger than ever and with a strong core of young players.

Last year wasn't a fluke, but Klowe was able to swing some seriously (in retrospect) lopsided trades for picks and minor prospects to completely overhaul our entire backend- we got Spacek, Tarnstrom, And Roloson for little cost to us. If we can't something similar, and soon, then I'm not sure giving up on a guy like Lupul or dumping away Torres + a high pick for one player would be better for us.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 03:32 PM
gr8haluschak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
the only thing that would have made it even better is if Grant Fuhr was near the Zamboni enterance when they carted Nick's ___ off telling him "that is a a true hockey play unlike when you dove on me you corward"

Old
01-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

I saw this yesterday....how about this, don't lie. I watched it 3 different times to make certain, Kyprios did NOT say Lupul doesn't like it here. He said everything that you claimed accept that. Not to come down on you hard man, but that is the straw that will stir the drink every single time around these parts. Again, Kyprios in no way shape or form said that Lupul doesn't like playing here.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 10:30 PM
jiggyman

Quote:
And my opinion of Mike Comrie stands. He isn't a good guy in the room.
Is this from your "inside your head source" to? You can't just make things up and say Comrie isn't a good guy in the room... Now I know for a fact he can be an ******* outside of the room, when it comes to the opposite sex... but that's another story...

jiggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Who the hell is this Kypreos fellow?

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Hairball

As to Lupul? I'm not so sure he's wrong. That's been my gut feeling all season. Everything in the first post.

I don't know that it has anything to do with Aucoin though. I think he's being paid too much. I wouldn't be against re-entry waivers either.

Hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairball View Post
As to Lupul? I'm not so sure he's wrong. That's been my gut feeling all season. Everything in the first post.

I don't know that it has anything to do with Aucoin though. I think he's being paid too much. I wouldn't be against re-entry waivers either.
I agree with you Hairball. I just don't think Lupul is fitting in with the Oilers. It most likely is the hometown thing - not everyone can handle the pressure, and that's not bashing Joff either. Lupul is our top asset right now for trading for a defenceman. It's funny cause we see all these trade rumors or speculation and Oilers fans are like "no way were gonna give up Torres" or "Stoll is the heart and soul of our team" or "MAP is the future, we can't include him in a trade"... well guess what? You aren't gonna get somethin for nothin (Millbury isn't a GM anymore).

Think about it logically. Lupul is coing to be a consistent sniper in this league for many years to come. This may NEVER happen in Edmonton if Lupul can't handle playing in the fishbowl (which he's showed all year IMO). The more we sit on him, the more his value tanks. We need to use his worth in a trade sooner than later.

As for Aucoin, the only way I would like to see him in an Oilers jersey is on re entry waivers and theres no way he'll still be around by the time we get to claim him. The remainder of his contract is also too prohibitive.