HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vaclav Propspal

Old
01-15-2007, 07:59 PM
TheRedressor

vCash: 500
Vaclav Propspal

After watching him today vs the Islanders, there is no doubt in my mind that the Rangers should go after this guy. He is exactly the type of #2 center that we need. He would be perfect to feed the puck to either Jagr or Shanahan.

Jagr and Prospal did play together on the same line for the Czech Olympic team in 2006.

Lines would be either

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Prospal-Shanahan

OR

Straka-Prospal-Jagr
Prucha-Nylander-Shanahan.

This would allow the third line to be a somwhat offensive foward away from being a great two way line

Hossa-Cullen-?

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Synergy27

Is Prospal not a winger? I could have sworn he was a LW. Isn't he playing with Richards?

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:17 PM
trench23

I beleive Prospal plays both wing and center if i remember correctly..

Any idea on his contract status? he might be able to fill the 'void' of rucinsky?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bleeckerandsullivan.com

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Prospal is being paid 1.9M this season and 1.9 next season.

I'm not really interested in bringing in older players in an attempt to salvage this season, but the team seems to be. From that end, Prospal makes sense. He's not too expensive and not too old (31).

I'd move Immo in a deal for him without hesitation, if we're going to go in the patch-up direction.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 09:43 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Prospal is being paid 1.9M this season and 1.9 next season.

I'm not really interested in bringing in older players in an attempt to salvage this season, but the team seems to be. From that end, Prospal makes sense. He's not too expensive and not too old (31).

I'd move Immo in a deal for him without hesitation, if we're going to go in the patch-up direction.
Immonen, Hall and Rachunek for Prospal and Sarich. Sarich is a solid defensive dman we can use and not old, Prospal would help our pp. Rachunek would help their offensive problems from the D.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 09:59 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I've heard in a few places that Prospal and Tortarella havent had the friendliest season and i believe last week i read he was on the block.

This is a guy i could see the Rangers going after, but at the deadline.
I just think its too early and a little difficult for GMs to make trades now, give it a month.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM
dank

haha, is the title supposed to read, "Vaclav Prospal" or "Vaclav Proposal"? or maybe it was cleverly spelled to be a combo of both, for a "Vaclav Prospal Proposal"..?

either way, i think that most of these proposed moves will not happen ASAP, but towards the deadline. and yeah, Feaster was said to be actively shopping him. do not know enough to say whether or not he would be a good move.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2007, 10:28 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Forget Vaclav....

Bite the Bullet and make the deal for Richards

01-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
haha, is the title supposed to read, "Vaclav Prospal" or "Vaclav Proposal"? or maybe it was cleverly spelled to be a combo of both, for a "Vaclav Prospal Proposal"..?

either way, i think that most of these proposed moves will not happen ASAP, but towards the deadline. and yeah, Feaster was said to be actively shopping him. do not know enough to say whether or not he would be a good move.
Hehe, good one.
Prospal would make sense, he can play center and he did quite often in past.
But he has really bad season this year(but he is racking up points lately), it would all depend on cost...
Bring me Vyborny or Lecavalier

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 03:57 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Hehe, good one.
Prospal would make sense, he can play center and he did quite often in past.
But he has really bad season this year(but he is racking up points lately), it would all depend on cost...
Bring me Vyborny or Lecavalier
Yeah, how hard can it be to get Vyborny here?

Through the years I think Vybs is the center JJ have played the most with for the Czech Nats, I am sure kostik knows that better then me though. He have played some with Holik and Ruziska too. For a few years there it felt like it were always Vybs and JJ on the same line.

Vyborny is gooing home after his contract is done after next season.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

So the Rangers and TB are going to make a deal when they are fighting for the same playoff spot?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
So the Rangers and TB are going to make a deal when they are fighting for the same playoff spot?
RangerBoy- I think whoever makes up these traded have skipped a few chapters of the "Rumors 101" book.

Like, even Prucha to Pittsburg is unlikely. Prucha could defenitly end up in a Patrick Bergeron role with Crosby, and possibly score 40 with Crosby in the near future.

GM's are paranoid. Smith made up rumors and leaked them to the press to find out the reaction of certain players beeing moved.

There are several cushions between the GM and the results on the ice. Though nothing can be as deadly for a GM as a bad trade. Sather if anything have IMO made himself known as a very shrewed and tactical GM. He have made a few questionable trades, but how many times through the years haven't there been headlines like "Sather robs Chicago" and stuff like that, he defenitly loves making trades that will look like steals in the press.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I thought the exact same thing just by reading the title of this thread.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 10:35 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Forget Vaclav....

Bite the Bullet and make the deal for Richards
Richards, in my opinion, is one of the more overrated players in the league.

If you wanted Prospal, now is the time. He's having a bit of a downer of a season, started off horrible. He was my favorite Philadelphia Phantom when he first started playing, and the Flyers traded him away for practically nothing. He's got a LOT of skill, and is always definitely worth looking into.

Boy, if the Flyers didn't trade away all their young players from like 10 years ago, I guarentee they could have won a championship in the past decade.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 10:49 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Brad Boyes and Rask for Immonen and Montoya.

Boyes is cold, they just kicked him down to 3rd line. Hes a natural center. Playmaker. He's young, put him with Shanny what the hell.

Boston needs a name in the pipes in the future, I dont think Toivonen is that guy.

Dont hurt me.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-16-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old
01-16-2007, 03:32 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Boyes is cold, they just kicked him down to 3rd line. Hes a natural center. Playmaker. He's young, put him with Shanny what the hell.

Boston needs a name in the pipes in the future, I dont think Toivonen is that guy.

Dont hurt me.
I see no need for us to swap Rask and Montoya. Maybe have NYR add a b level prospect instead.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 03:48 PM
FmmF3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Dont hurt me.
Done.

Eh, realistically? You may have to add a Pock or Girardi in there. Still, I'd pull the trigger.

Last edited by FmmF3*: 01-16-2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: changed my mind
FmmF3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
I see no need for us to swap Rask and Montoya. Maybe have NYR add a b level prospect instead.
Neither do i, but i thought it would sweeten the deal for the Bruins. They have a few goalies in the system so i figured the Rangers could get one back.

Old
01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FmmF3 View Post
Done.

Eh, realistically? You may have to add a Pock or Girardi in there. Still, I'd pull the trigger.
Yeah, it could work alot of ways. The general focus of this one is Boyes to the Rangers for players other than Prucha.

I could see a Dawes - Boyes - Prucha line in the future.

or even a Prucha - Dubinsky - Boyes line cause he can play the wing like he is this year.

Old
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Boyes is so overrated, don't care how young he is, seems like teams trade for him and then dump him.....why?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 04:30 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Boyes is so overrated, don't care how young he is, seems like teams trade for him and then dump him.....why?
He's been bounced around yes, but he didnt have a full season until last year and he put up about 70 points for a 23 year old. Thats not bad if you ask me. Hes struggled this year no doubt. But what good is he is a true center - but he can switch to the wing, which this team is lacking. Plus he is only 24 and is signed for another year and then hes and RFA.

I doubt Boston will want to move him, but i noticed hes been cold and was put down in the lineup so i took a look and thought it was a little intriging.