HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stortini tidbits

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
Stortini tidbits

Just got back from coaching my Midget house league team, where I bumped into Zach's dad, who was coaching the opposition. We chatted for a while and he (being a proud father) offered up a couple of interesting stories from the draft and from training camp.

Right after Zach was picked at the draft, MacT went up to Zach and dad in the stands and said that Zach wasn't allowed to fight Big George for at least another three years! Thought that was funny. For those who attended the scrimages and such, that's why Zach played WITH Big George instead of on different teams.

During training camp, the rookies usually hit the ice (about four of them) early to warm up the goalies. Apparently, Zach took his first shot on Salo and nearly took his head off, whizzing a shot right by his ear (it was a goal). The kid, of course, nearly crapped himself and dad says he kept the rest of the shots very low. That'd be nice eh? Take the starting goalie's head off on your first shot on him?

On another note, if Zach has only half the character his dad has, he is going to be a keeper. And I'm not saying that only from our rendez-vous at the rink tonight, he also showed me and my wife a couple of houses this past year (he's in real estate). A real class act.

As an extra little tidbit, I should add that the team his dad was coaching is the only all-girl team in Midget in our league. They schooled our boys positionally, although we did eke out a 5-3 win. They played very smart and had wheels like you wouldn't believe. Apparently four of the girls got scholarships to U.S. colleges and their goalie is definitely top-grade.

Anyway, that's all...

Old
12-04-2003, 04:11 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 500
thanks for the good news sam could sure use it around here.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Oi'll say!

Three years eh? Good call by MacT, no need to see BG pummel the 18 year olds and set their careers back.

Great post YS!

Old
12-04-2003, 05:53 PM
theoil

Much appreciated. This team hasn't had an enforcer since Dave Brown. And it shows.

Closed Thread