HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MA Bergeron - Rookie of the Year???

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Scorpion88

vCash: 500
MA Bergeron - Rookie of the Year???

I'm not saying it's a sure bet, but currently this kid is second in the league in Defence scoring just one point behind the highly touted Pitkanen. Compare the two players stats and they are very very similar. He is also only five points back for the overall rookie scoring lead. See the link for stats:

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/stats?se...=points&page=1

I would like to officially (unless it's already been done) open the "Marc-Andre Bergeron Rookie of Year" campaign. Keep up the good work.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:04 PM
amazing_oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion88
I'm not saying it's a sure bet, but currently this kid is second in the league in Defence scoring just one point behind the highly touted Pitkanen. Compare the two players stats and they are very very similar. He is also only five points back for the overall rookie scoring lead. See the link for stats:

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/stats?se...=points&page=1

I would like to officially (unless it's already been done) open the "Marc-Andre Bergeron Rookie of Year" campaign. Keep up the good work.

He's been great so far and one of the top rookies, but it's way to early to nominate him for the Calder. I hope he keeps it up.

Old
12-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Jim_Harnock

That chart only lists defensemen, which looks really good because Bergeron is #2 in rookie defense scoring. Overall rookie scoring, however, he's ranked 10th. The Calder will be going to Jason King or Patrice Bergeron, assuming neither gets injured. My money is on King.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:00 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
MAF.

If he gets 30+ starts and keeps his sv% over .915, I don't see how you can give it to anyone else.

Otherwise Bergeron in Boston.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Digger12

MAB won't win the ROY, but he has a definite shot at making the all-rookie team, no small feat in itself.

Too many good forwards around (Staal, P. Bergeron, King), and who knows what Zherdev in Columbus will do.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Walsher

Jason King

Old
12-04-2003, 01:38 PM
cc

I think it will eventually boil down to Raycroft, Pitkanen and Staal by the season's end. King will inevitably slow down and Bergeron doesn't get nearly as much hype or exposure as Pitkanen. I personally don't care if King wins the Calder. I want to keep him humble and hardworking so he won't ask for big contracts using the Calder as an excuse.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Yosemite Sam

I don't know boys... Zherdev just got his first goal.

Closed Thread