HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Gerard Dicaire?

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 07:24 AM
DetroitYoungWing

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DetroitYoungWing Send a message via AIM to DetroitYoungWing
Gerard Dicaire?

Whose prospect is he? And how would u guys rate him

Old
12-04-2003, 10:04 AM
daiglek91

I'd say he his a great offensive d-man but he doesn't play phisical enough (even if he is 6"2 ) to be a future big star in the NHL.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Oceanic39*

He's Tampa Bay's.

He nearly made the Lightning out of camp this year, per GM Jay Feaster.

He was VERY impressive in pre-season. Very poised, moved the puck well, and was good positionally.

He wasn't knocking anyone over, but he was moving his many out from in front.

He got the "non-physical" rap a couple years ago when he wasn't signed by Pittsburgh, who originally drafted him, and I'm sure that will stick with him no matter what he does. Seems like prospects can't lose labels anymore.

Not been doing great in Utah so far, though he's been injured and scratched a few times. Nothing to panic about. If the Lightning had its own affiliate (no room for him in either Hershey or Hamilton -- their dual affiliates) he'd be getting ample minutes and be in line for a call-up. If TB is not happy with his situation in Utah, they won't hesitate to call him up as a 7th (over Trepanier) should one of TB's top-7 go down. Feaster was VERY high on him after camp. Was called the surprise of camp, along with Afanasenkov.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Oceanic39*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokay
I'd say he his a great offensive d-man but he doesn't play phisical enough (even if he is 6"2 ) to be a future big star in the NHL.
Just curious, but how are you "in the know" about him living in Quebec?

From what I saw of him, I wouldn't say he's a future star, but I wouldn't discount the possibilities of him being a solid 2-way dman in the NHL.

He could certainly put points on the board in the Q and showed every indication of that against NHL exhibition talent. (I know, I know, WHL success doesn't mean NHL success stuff... I heard all the same stuff about Brad Richards and the Q... )

Old
12-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
He got the "non-physical" rap a couple years ago when he wasn't signed by Pittsburgh, who originally drafted him, and I'm sure that will stick with him no matter what he does. Seems like prospects can't lose labels anymore.

Buffalo

Old
12-04-2003, 03:48 PM
daiglek91

I know I said he'll not become a big star in the NHL, cuz he his not physical enough, but I know he's gonna become a great offensive defenseman in the NHL. I'm sure of this! He has the size to play with the big men.

Closed Thread