HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton vs Montreal system

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Necrophile

vCash: 500
Hamilton vs Montreal system

Some teams have established identical systems on their farm team and NHL team in order to facilitate their players' transition from AHL to NHL. Albany River Rats and New Jersey Devils are apparently a very good example of this.

What I want to know is this: Do Hamilton and Montreal share the same system? Also, what has changed since Doug Jarvis (Gainey's man) took command of the team this season?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Old
12-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I remember Dagenais when he was called up saying he had to adjust a bit as they play a different system there. That's all the info I have on the difference (not much sorry). But knowing Jarvis and having seen Hamilton play, they're certainly not all about offense. More exciting to watch maybe, but they are also more talented too (I'm of course saying this in comparison to the other AHL teams, not the Habs) which could be the reason for that. Jarvis may be using a bit of a different system, but it's one that tries to establish a strong defense nontheless, so I don't think it's a night and day kind of difference for the prospects called up.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:03 AM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
Some teams have established identical systems on their farm team and NHL team in order to facilitate their players' transition from AHL to NHL. Albany River Rats and New Jersey Devils are apparently a very good example of this.

What I want to know is this: Do Hamilton and Montreal share the same system? Also, what has changed since Doug Jarvis (Gainey's man) took command of the team this season?

Thanks in advance, guys.
I dont think many ppl would disagree with me when i say that jarvis has the inside track in becoming the habs next head coach, and i think he will teach the bulldogs his system, because he knows some of them will be playing for him again, some day soon in the nhl.

just a thought

Old
12-04-2003, 10:52 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile

Thanks in advance, guys.

Well systems take time to fully get going. With Savard and Jarvis pretty much running things down there, I think we are in good hands. (savard doesn't have to sign anyone down there :p ) I would assume that they will try and run similiar systems, as I think they do without being technical. Both coaches seem to want a tight checking team. In the games I was at, I didn't really focus on system but more on certain players. But whatever they are doing, it's working cause they still at 2nd overall in the AHL, with 5 rookies and 8 or 9 new players as well, it's good to see them find success so quickly.

Now they just need to get their own ECHL team, and clean it up. No excuses. The ECHL team stinks big time. Sign a bunch of FA from the NCAA and overagers from the CHL to see what they can do. I'm not saying go sign 10 guys, but a handful would be a good start. Linglet, Luttes, Fillon, Rene Bourque, Hennigar (OHL), Yann Danis (has insane numbers), Russo, Shinnin (not drafted twice) Now I know it won't happen, and the ECHL isn't a big deal, but if you try you could find some good future AHL players and who knows from there. The ECHL has improved over the years, and hopefully continues to get even better. Get our own team soon and fill it with guys who want a shot but might not get one. And Yes I know most of them wouldn't amount to much, but it's not like they make much money in the ECHL, so we aren't talking big losses.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:14 AM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
I dont think many ppl would disagree with me when i say that jarvis has the inside track in becoming the habs next head coach, and i think he will teach the bulldogs his system, because he knows some of them will be playing for him again, some day soon in the nhl.

just a thought
Your right Jarvis may have a good shot at being the next coach. He's doing a good job. This years Hamilton Bulldogs weren't exspected to do nearly as well as they did last year but yet there one of the top teams in the league yet again and Jarvis may have somthing to do with that.

Closed Thread