HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Upshall re-assigned to Milwaukee for conditioning

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
  #1
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,365
vCash: 500
Upshall re-assigned to Milwaukee for conditioning

per priority email.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 09:44 PM
  #2
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
per priority email.
Lets hope he absolutely dominates, as he did last year after being sent down. Lets also hope that the groin is fully healed and will not be bothersome.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2007, 11:06 PM
  #3
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: all the wrong places
Country: Italy
Posts: 24,712
vCash: 500
Could we even get a bag of pucks for this overhyped overrated injury proned "worker" at this point in time?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
  #4
Uppie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Place him on waivers and make room for Rads, and the other six forwards rotating in the 5 open forward spots. If he clairs waivers Preds still keep his rights. If he gets picked up the most "posters" don't feel the Preds would miss him.

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:17 PM
  #5
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
Place him on waivers and make room for Rads, and the other six forwards rotating in the 5 open forward spots. If he clairs waivers Preds still keep his rights. If he gets picked up the most "posters" don't feel the Preds would miss him.
Why would we do this? Its just flat out not smart.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 10:18 PM
  #6
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 56,924
vCash: 50
Hypothetically

if say the oilers or nucks would want the guy

what do you think the price would be?

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
  #7
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
I'll gladly take him on Chicago.

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
  #8
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post
Hypothetically

if say the oilers or nucks would want the guy

what do you think the price would be?
I see no reason to trade him unless a needed player is coming back (Veteran Dman or something). I think it'd be dumb to flip him for a 2nd round pick or something. Maybe a prospect that our scouts are high on.

I still think Upshall is quality NHLer right now. We're just so deep on wingers that he's not getting a great chance. And his injuries are further preventing things.

My ideal scenario would be something like Upshall & Klein for Boynton & 2nd.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 05:19 PM
  #9
AdsSabresRule
Registered User
 
AdsSabresRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Not an Upshall fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
Place him on waivers and make room for Rads, and the other six forwards rotating in the 5 open forward spots. If he clairs waivers Preds still keep his rights. If he gets picked up the most "posters" don't feel the Preds would miss him.
But he won't clear waivers...then you get next to nothing for him.

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:42 PM
  #10
captaincheat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Regina, Sask., Can.
Country: Canada
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Something has got to give. Trotz is going to KILL Rads if they don't make room for him some how. If I was Poille(sorry if I spelled that wrong ) I would TRY and move 2 forwards for a solid, veteran d-man.
I am a Wings fan.
I look at our roster compared to yours and shake my head. The Preds should be in first overall!!! All they need is a little help on the back end...IMO

captaincheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:28 PM
  #11
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdsSabresRule View Post
But he won't clear waivers...then you get next to nothing for him.
That's what she's hoping for. She's an Upshall fan more so than Preds fan.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 09:58 AM
  #12
AdmiralPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
Place him on waivers and make room for Rads, and the other six forwards rotating in the 5 open forward spots. If he clairs waivers Preds still keep his rights. If he gets picked up the most "posters" don't feel the Preds would miss him.
Thus far, the Preds haven't anything to miss - other than his potential, Joffrey Lupul, or P-M Bouchard as examples.

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 10:45 AM
  #13
Uppie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
As said eailer, waive Uppie and make some room. Who's really going to miss him? I also agree on Rads. Something has to give. The only way he is going to get out of a slump is let him play.

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
  #14
tulsytrid1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murfreesbo Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
As said eailer, waive Uppie and make some room. Who's really going to miss him? I also agree on Rads. Something has to give. The only way he is going to get out of a slump is let him play.
Wow; there is no way this is going to happen.... I would be shocked if we did waive him. It quickly move up as the worst move Poile made if he were to make this move. I gather you want him on waivers so your favorite team could claim him huh? Are you a Flyer fan, because IMO that is as far as he would get up the waiver claims wire.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 03:41 PM
  #15
AdsSabresRule
Registered User
 
AdsSabresRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Upshall

I think Upshall gets packaged with a couple other prospects for trade bait eventually. I have a weird feeling Klein might go as well, which is too bad, as I like Kevin's play down here a lot. And, I think he could start before a couple of your starters up there...yeah, Scottie is not long for Nashville, but he won't get waived, that's for sure...(well, never say never!)


Last edited by AdsSabresRule: 01-19-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: weird, not weirf!
AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 06:42 PM
  #16
Uppie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1 View Post
Wow; there is no way this is going to happen.... I would be shocked if we did waive him. It quickly move up as the worst move Poile made if he were to make this move. I gather you want him on waivers so your favorite team could claim him huh? Are you a Flyer fan, because IMO that is as far as he would get up the waiver claims wire.
I'm a Uppie fan, not a Flyer's fan. Like Rads, Scottie needs to be on a team where he plays day in day out. This is not going to happen on the Preds for Scottie or for Rads. Too bad, but that's just the way it is. Rads would be on the first line with just about any NHL team. It's not going to happen in Nahville.

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 04:44 PM
  #17
kento19
@kento19
 
kento19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 500
i think Edmonton would be interested. Kevin Lowe was on the phone seconds after upshalls name was called at his draft trying to make a deal..

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 03:46 AM
  #18
Uppie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Maybe the oilers will pick him up after the Preds waive him next week.

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 04:38 AM
  #19
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
Maybe the oilers will pick him up after the Preds waive him next week.
You can keep praying, but it won't happen.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
  #20
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,355
vCash: 500
new thought

no one seems to be mentioning the idea of hartnell being an UFA. i think the preds plan to plug in upshall in hartnells role and let him try to shine.

he can pretty easly replace hartnell. though hart does have some sweet hands in the front of the net.

and upshall will be far less of a cap hit than hart will demand.

waiving him or moving him is not a solution. if they want to hold hartnell for the cup run and let him go for nothing in the summer they have upshall as insurance. and if he only gets a few minutes a game on a good team so be it. he can wait his turn in line and learn from the guys around him.

as far as making room for radu. that will come if he ever adapts defense into his game. his scoring was the only thing gaining him time. if he doesn't score he is useless on the ice. he is still young with much to learn, and this is not a team to just plug him in and let him grow.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 01:17 PM
  #21
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
no one seems to be mentioning the idea of hartnell being an UFA. i think the preds plan to plug in upshall in hartnells role and let him try to shine.

he can pretty easly replace hartnell. though hart does have some sweet hands in the front of the net.

and upshall will be far less of a cap hit than hart will demand.

waiving him or moving him is not a solution. if they want to hold hartnell for the cup run and let him go for nothing in the summer they have upshall as insurance. and if he only gets a few minutes a game on a good team so be it. he can wait his turn in line and learn from the guys around him.

as far as making room for radu. that will come if he ever adapts defense into his game. his scoring was the only thing gaining him time. if he doesn't score he is useless on the ice. he is still young with much to learn, and this is not a team to just plug him in and let him grow.
That's a pretty big "if." You can't just assume he'll fill the role of the guy that's co-leading the team in goals.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 01:20 PM
  #22
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: all the wrong places
Country: Italy
Posts: 24,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
That's a pretty big "if." You can't just assume he'll fill the role of the guy that's co-leading the team in goals.
and oh yeah ... Upshall is now officially made of glass ... it seems like every year since we drafted him, he's been injured for some part of every season

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
  #23
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
and oh yeah ... Upshall is now officially made of glass ... it seems like every year since we drafted him, he's been injured for some part of every season
This is why I think it more likely Upshall could be moved.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
  #24
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,355
vCash: 500
sullivan is made of glass too, and he works out ok.

i just don't think its likely that hartnell will be staying in NSH, so i would like to see upshall stay and get a chance.

if he is hurt all the time and can't score so be it, but i think they are still deep enough at F to try him out. if he does not work, nothing lost.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 03:18 PM
  #25
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
sullivan is made of glass too, and he works out ok.

i just don't think its likely that hartnell will be staying in NSH, so i would like to see upshall stay and get a chance.

if he is hurt all the time and can't score so be it, but i think they are still deep enough at F to try him out. if he does not work, nothing lost.
I don't understand all of this "Hartnell probably won't be here" stuff.

I think he'll be a lot easier to re-sign than Kariya, personally.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.