HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev MUST go !

Old
01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
blah141

vCash: 500
and kovy scores!!!

blah141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:59 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Like if Kovy is reading this forum

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 07:45 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
Kovalev is part of the core of our team...

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
KOVALEV MUST GO EH ?

God some people don't think with their heads.
I am a Kovy fan as well, but your little crush on him is getting annoying.

Kovy dissapears for 10 games and you say nothing.

Kovy scores and you're like "HAHA see that guys! Trade Kovy? You guys are stupid! Where are all of the Kovalev bashers now?''

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 07:51 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Kovy dissapears for 10 games and you say nothing.
Kovalev has gone without a point for 3 games or more, ONE TIME.

What's getting annoying is this ******** exageration about how Kovy 'dissapears' 99.98% of the time, when he's actually our 2nd leading forward.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
Kovalev has gone without a point for 3 games or more, ONE TIME.
yes, but still. He can do so much more. Sure he gets assists and stuff. But he does dissapear alot.

Old
01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
yukoner

Quote:
yes, but still. He can do so much more.

No he can't. That's the problem, people think he can be Jagr, or Gretzky, he can't and he never will be, he's a 60-70pt guy, who if you put him in the perfect position can get 80+. He's also a guy who excels in the playoffs.

If people didn't expect SOOOO much out of him, they might actually stop and realize he adds alot to our team, and is our #1 guy in the playoffs where it counts.

Old
01-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
No he can't. That's the problem, people think he can be Jagr, or Gretzky, he can't and he never will be, he's a 60-70pt guy, who if you put him in the perfect position can get 80+. He's also a guy who excels in the playoffs.

If people didn't expect SOOOO much out of him, they might actually stop and realize he adds alot to our team, and is our #1 guy in the playoffs where it counts.
Could not of said it better.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:23 PM
habitue*

You all make me laugh... Kovalev has a good game every four or five. See you in five games from now.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
You all make me laugh... Kovalev has a good game every four or five. See you in five games from now.
agreed.

Old
01-18-2007, 09:49 PM
GSK*

Quote:
agreed.
What about Higgins ?

I'm a hudge Higgins's fan but he's a lot worst then Kovalev since a while. In fact he was better then him the first 13 games thats it.

People should stop, he got only two games of 3pts this year, only 12-22-34, he's our second scorer for the foward, and the second most paid. So it works ? Kovalev play very well since 10-15 games, tonight if Lats and Plek could finish his play, he would have racked up some assist.

1 goals, 9 shots on goal, +1.

Still bashin'

We need babysitting. Or assigned the annoying fans like habitué or habsfan18 for only watch the ECHL games.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
What about Higgins ?
Or Ryder, or Plekenac, or Perezhogin, or Johnson???

All of these guys are WAY under last years numbers, and of course everyone must whine about Kovy, who's on track for a normal year at 65pts.

Old
01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
I realize your frustration and I appreciate your opinion. Kovalev can be moody. On 2 occasions this year he took unsportman (yapping at the ref) penalities which resulted in PP goals for the opposition. On one of those occasions I forgive him because someone went after his kryptonic knee. The other time was dumb.

He generally loses his calm when someone tries to get him. Totally the reason behind him pasting Tucker last year. He get's pissed when someone attempts to injure him.

He's a puck hog on the wing sometimes and far too often lately. He can hold on way too long looking for the chance while on the powerplay too.

Lately he has made boneheaded passes which will clearly be pokechecked and result in a big chance or a goal.

Well, that's the bad.

The good is he can stick handle in a phonebooth. His lateral speed in shifting is impressive and can make defencemen looks like Timbits. He has a precise dangerous shot. He's good on shootouts. Apparently that's a good thing in this new NHL. Maybe? No?

He's a playoff player who is going to score goals. He's not just 220 lbs. People talk of Brind'Amour and how much of a machine he is? Kovalev is a machine too. A very SOLID 220 lbs.

Yeah, he's annoying sometimes. But TSN has him ranked as a 1st line winger. He plays on the second line for Montreal. Cool.

It's not easy to find a international captain (we have 2 for the Habs - I love it ) for Russia in the olympics. Markov played for that team. Kovalev got the C ahead of Markov? Imagine that eh? And, Kovalev was a killer. Just like in the playoffs.

If he must go. It'd better be good. Don't forget that players with this type of skill that are vets don't grow on trees.

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Lexicon

vCash: 50
Wow you guys are worse then Leafs fans. Well maybe we're worse. We booed Raycroft at home when we lost 6-1 to the Nucks. It worked. He now played 2 solid games. So, to get Kovalev playing boo him and he'll start playing well.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Everyone is laughing at you, this thread was useless from the onset the whole team has been playing bad not just Kovalev and guess what the whole team played alot better tonight and we got the win.

When we signed Kovalev we knew what we were getting, everyone knows about his weaknesses but his positives outweigh the negatives, especially when it matters crunch time.

Read the entire thread again, see what everyone posted and you will get the consensus Kovalev is a big part of this team and is here to stay. Your opinion is the minority.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Habitué is on my ignore list. I can't read his muck unless someone quotes him. I see he's as asinine as ever.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfanforever View Post
Wow you guys are worse then Leafs fans. Well maybe we're worse. We booed Raycroft at home when we lost 6-1 to the Nucks. It worked. He now played 2 solid games. So, to get Kovalev playing boo him and he'll start playing well.
Nah, we're equally as bad. We love to paint the other picture as worse. But, we're rivals. That comes with the territory.

Raycroft is hit or miss IMO. It's always possible for a goalie to turn the page. He's hot now. Maybe he can ride this into the break and come out strong. He's the Leafs only hope.

I'm not razzing here but the floating .5 record has to turn up soon. And,that success will have a lot to do with Raycroft carrying the team. He has it in him. He's just gotta find it for good.

As for Kovalev, he can be a drag sometimes but across the NHL there are examples of him elsewhere that are equally important to those clubs.

Eg: Jagr this and Holik that etc.

You can do it to any player.

Old
01-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Quiet Robert

Trade him, and everyone, I'm sick of watching this team lose. These guys gotta get their act together. The recent form is unacceptable. Sammy, Kovy, Rivet and Souray gotta get their butts off this team. I'm sick of it!!!!!

*Sound familiar? It should. I'm glad we won the game tonight, but we gotta move forward here and make sure we get all the points we can get. I'm glad Sammy and Kovy showed up tonight and Rivet too, he was agressive, which as I've always said, is when he's effective. Anyways, nice to see people are willing to switch on a dime.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:02 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHLÉTIQUE_CANADIEN View Post
It's not easy to find a international captain (we have 2 for the Habs - I love it )
The Habs have 3. Don't forget Mark Streit.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Don't forget Mark Streit.
Thanks MathMan.

Koivu-Kovalev-Streit. Cool.

Old
01-19-2007, 03:44 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfanforever View Post
In terms of booing, nobody booes their team more than habs fans. Its not even close.

when I think of good leaf players that were booed out of town, I can only think of Larry Murphy.

In Montreal, I think of Turgeon, Malakhov, Brisebois, Roy, Theodore... I may be missing a few players here.... Rivet is still with the team but he has been booed in his career as well.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 07:03 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Trade off our only offensive threat. One of the only guys with a dece amount of points on our team. Why? Before Samsanov was put on his line he played better and so did samsanov before he came here. Not only that but Plekanec CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT center them. For gods sake Gainey its simple.

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev
Samsanov-Bonk-Higgins
Johnson-Plekanec-Perezhogin
Downey/Grabovsky-Begin-Lapierre

SIMPLE.
Should have waited a few hours more, reality is Kovalev played with probably the two best forwards sicne the start of 2007 against the Trashers...

Seriously, a "huge" talent like Kovalev can't read the simple North-South hockey Plekanec's playing ?? If that's the case, one should start wondering about Kovalev abilities...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 07:14 AM
habgab

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah141 View Post
and kovy scores!!!
give credit where credit is due - to his linemates who worked their butts off last night. Didn't Kovy say that he wanted to work the corners and have someone stand in front of the net? I think you should let the younger and stronger guys work the corners and let Kovy fire his rifle shot from somewhere in front of the net.

habgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 08:00 AM
oli500

While I am disapointed with kovalev effort on some nights, people have to realise that we need kovalev. The reality is were a very young team and we need this guy for the playoff push especialy if this team is going to want home ice advantage. Take kovalev out of the picture and were an easy team to play againts because all other teams are going to have to do is stop are first line. While the points arent allways there for kovalev other teams have this guy in there game plan, and that takes alot of presure away from koivu. The first line has slowed down a bit and I personaly think kovalev line was the best one in the game vs the trashers. As off now we dont have another player who has kovalev talent and ability to be in other teams game plan as the guy you have to stop and not let him beat you. At the moment having his name in the line up is important for many reason. Power play is another one of them. With souray markov kovalev and koivu we have so many weapons on the pp that teams cant just go guard one particular player. people can bash kovalev all they want , the reality is we dont have another player of kovalev status in are line up. We have a bunch of young hungry kids who are still learning to play the game at the nhl level as we speak. Once we add another big time player, then we go do something with kovalev. For now were trying to win, we have to hold on to are best players, even thow there not playing up to par all the time.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Habitants

^^^ exactly what i wa going to say

love it or hate it they are a better team with this guy.

even if he is not on his game one night, the opposition still has to keep thier eye on him

9 shots last night!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote