HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev MUST go !

Old
01-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Kostitsyn404*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
I agree 100%
I was completely 100% right. So I'm glad you agreed. They split up Kovalev/Samsanov and now guess what?

Kovalev Scored

Plekanec Scored (Can't center 2 superstars. and yes, they are superstars. why have they been playing like crap you ask? because he CANNOT center them both. Put somebody with even the SLIGHTEST play making skill on their line and boom)

Samsanov EVEN SCORED

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I am a Kovy fan as well, but your little crush on him is getting annoying.

Kovy dissapears for 10 games and you say nothing.

Kovy scores and you're like "HAHA see that guys! Trade Kovy? You guys are stupid! Where are all of the Kovalev bashers now?''
In his defense, I stated before the game and before I knew the lines, Split Kovalev/Samsanov up because Plekanec cannot center them. He agreed. We were both right, they split them and Kovalev gets a goal like 5 mins into the game. So don't flame him just because he isn't one of the dumb "trade kovalev" kiddies who don't even know what they're talking about.

A line like:

Sammy-Pleks-Kovalev cannot have chemistry. Your telling two superstars to rely on a 3rd-4th liner for PLAYMAKING ability... don't be fooled, pleks is at BEST a 3rd line center, if anything LaPierre will soon be overtaking that position and pleks will be a solid 4th line center. (Which is chill).

Old
01-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
yes, but still. He can do so much more. Sure he gets assists and stuff. But he does dissapear alot.
He can do so much more. But guess what. When bad coaching decisions are putting you on the same line with 0 chemistry all season long and your getting less and less opertunities it gets hard to go out there and want to give 110%.

Old
01-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
Or Ryder, or Plekenac, or Perezhogin, or Johnson???

All of these guys are WAY under last years numbers, and of course everyone must whine about Kovy, who's on track for a normal year at 65pts.
Couldn't agree more.

Old
01-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Should have waited a few hours more, reality is Kovalev played with probably the two best forwards sicne the start of 2007 against the Trashers...

Seriously, a "huge" talent like Kovalev can't read the simple North-South hockey Plekanec's playing ?? If that's the case, one should start wondering about Kovalev abilities...
Plekanec can't setup Kovalev or Sammy (this has been obvious since the start of the season and I don't see why you would deny it or point the blame to Kovalev)

Kovalev isn't Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux. He can't just make the plays happen every single night all by himself. He needs a non 3rd-4th line center to center him. I don't know how you could say such an ignorant thing when all season long we've experienced first hand that there is literally 0 chemistry on that line. Not only that but we've seen Plekanecs abilities at their peek, he is in no way even near close enough to being good enough to play on a line with Alex Kovalev and Sergei Samsonov. It's just ludacrous.

Old
01-19-2007, 10:33 AM
yukoner

Actually Pleks and Kovy had amazing chemistry last night.

Pleks is a good center, the problem was Samsonov and Kovy both playing the wing, Samsonov needs to be the playmaker, and when he can't he's almost useless on the wing.

With Latendresse on the line you finally had the physical presence to keep puck possesion, and as a result the line look extremely strong. Pleks and Kovy were setting eachother up all night long.

Meanwhile, Samsonov got to be the playmaker on the Johnson Bonk line, and guess what, he looked excellent as well, much mor at home in hius natural role.

I like these lines alot, Sammy will get good icetime playing on line 3, Pleks and Kovy have some serious chemistry.

The only question: When are Higgins and Ryder going to start playing like they can??

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 04:05 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Plekanec can't setup Kovalev or Sammy (this has been obvious since the start of the season and I don't see why you would deny it or point the blame to Kovalev)

Kovalev isn't Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux. He can't just make the plays happen every single night all by himself. He needs a non 3rd-4th line center to center him. I don't know how you could say such an ignorant thing when all season long we've experienced first hand that there is literally 0 chemistry on that line. Not only that but we've seen Plekanecs abilities at their peek, he is in no way even near close enough to being good enough to play on a line with Alex Kovalev and Sergei Samsonov. It's just ludacrous.
You missed a good game by the two kids yesterday, both spent their night setting up Mr Kovalev...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 04:22 PM
yukoner

Quote:
You missed a good game by the two kids yesterday, both spent their night setting up Mr Kovalev...
Ya, I'm really starting love Latendresse. His play style is just so solid, he puts don his head and works away, no matter where you put him or who he plays with.

- His puck controls is ridiculously good. He's probably best on the team, better than Kovy at keeping hold of the puck, amazing for a rookie.

- His passing is just awesome, this kid has some amazing accuracy, and he can score as well which makes him a very dangerous player.

Old
01-19-2007, 04:33 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Ya, I'm really starting love Latendresse. His play style is just so solid, he puts don his head and works away, no matter where you put him or who he plays with.

- His puck controls is ridiculously good. He's probably best on the team, better than Kovy at keeping hold of the puck, amazing for a rookie.

- His passing is just awesome, this kid has some amazing accuracy, and he can score as well which makes him a very dangerous player.
I did say BOTH kid, didnt I ?

Old
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
baldrick

As well as Latendresse and Plekanec played last night I'd say Mr. Kovalev does not like getting booed on home ice, it was more effective than anything the coaching staff could have said.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
baldrick

Quote:
I was completely 100% right. So I'm glad you agreed. They split up Kovalev/Samsanov and now guess what?

Kovalev Scored

Plekanec Scored (Can't center 2 superstars. and yes, they are superstars. why have they been playing like crap you ask? because he CANNOT center them both. Put somebody with even the SLIGHTEST play making skill on their line and boom)

Samsanov EVEN SCORED
Prime example of making statistics fit an argument.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 06:19 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
As well as Latendresse and Plekanec played last night I'd say Mr. Kovalev does not like getting booed on home ice, it was more effective than anything the coaching staff could have said.
Well said, hes never been booed before(that im aware of, could be wrong) at the Bell Centre and he changed his work ethic dramatically that game and the next. Good to see though, because he can be a force when he feels like it.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 06:26 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

Kovalev Scored

Samsanov EVEN SCORED
Since when a player with only two seasons of over 55 points is a superstar ?

Old
01-19-2007, 06:43 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Since when a player with only two seasons of over 55 points is a superstar ?

When he wins rookie of the year, plays on one of the best international teams in the world, and averages around .7ppg over 7 years??

I wouldn't call Sammy a superstar, but he's certainly an elite winger. Then again you could argue anyone who plays on Team Russia, USA or Canada is a superstar, but everyone has a different definition of that word.

Old
01-19-2007, 06:44 PM
yukoner

Quote:
I did say BOTH kid, didnt I ?
Ya but I already praised Pleks the post before that

Old
01-19-2007, 07:43 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
When he wins rookie of the year, plays on one of the best international teams in the world, and averages around .7ppg over 7 years??

I wouldn't call Sammy a superstar, but he's certainly an elite winger. Then again you could argue anyone who plays on Team Russia, USA or Canada is a superstar, but everyone has a different definition of that word.
0.7 PPG ? we're talking about an average of 57.4 points per season right ?

Old
01-19-2007, 10:03 PM
yukoner

Quote:
0.7 PPG ? we're talking about an average of 57.4 points per season right ?
Yup, which isn't great but Koivu averages only 66p/season. Before this horrible year Samsonov was .73 which is around 60/season.

He's pretty close, though like I said, I don't consider him a superstar.