HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray's Line Combinations (when spezz/fish is back)

Old
01-27-2007, 12:42 PM
bert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 2007 Sens Rule! View Post
So you are going to play McAmmond over Fisher? Nice! McAmmond is the WORST Sen to put with Spezza. He is the WORST goal scorer among every Sens forward. McAmmond can be a decent player but he is NEVER going to play with Spezza. It would be insane to do that. Switch McAmmond and Fisher and you have the lines when everyone is healthy.
Yeah good point maybe just switching McAmmond with Fisher is the best idea. But I wouldnt say McAmmond is the worst guy to play with Spezza he did ok with Iginla and Conroy. We havent really seen McAmmond play with any top line material this year. But I will agree he hasnt been very strong.

I like the idea of the ultimate bang and crash line with Schubert Fisher Neil our three hardest hitting forwards.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Yeah good point maybe just switching McAmmond with Fisher is the best idea. But I wouldnt say McAmmond is the worst guy to play with Spezza he did ok with Iginla and Conroy. We havent really seen McAmmond play with any top line material this year. But I will agree he hasnt been very strong.

I like the idea of the ultimate bang and crash line with Schubert Fisher Neil our three hardest hitting forwards.
McAmmond's role on the Iginla line was not that of playing the goal scorer to an elite playmaker. He was part of an awesome grinding/scoring first line. McAmmond would not have been on Iginla's line if Calgary had anything close to the forward talent Ottawa now has. Plus McAmmond was younger and better then.

I don't think Fisher has elite offensive talent. Schaeffer has better moves than him and is a better passer and - I think sees the game better. But one thing Fisher does that Schaeffer and even Spezza (though he did do it alot more this season) is shoot enough. Fisher will put the puck on the net when he gets the chance to do so. Which is why he could be a decent match with Spezza. Fisher will shoot and not be too fancy and go to the net. I would like to see Fisher with Spezza for awhile though eventually Spezza will center Heatley or Alfredsson or both. It would be silly to mess with the Kelly line the way they are performing but at some point the line will slow and Spezza will be with one or both of Alfie and Heatley.

I also would love to see Schubert-Fisher-Neil. That would be the ultimate Crash and bang third line. If that happened we would have 2 great scoring top lines - a massively physical third line - that could pop a few goals and a 4th line that would have at least 2 good players that could be on almost any other teams 3rd line or more.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2007, 04:58 PM
zenator

Heatley--Kelly--Alfredsson
Vermette--Spezza--Eaves
Fisher--Comrie--Neil
Schaefer--McAmmond--Schubert

spare: McGratton

minors: the useless Hamel

zenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 11:53 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Something's got to give, and I don't expect Kelly to stay on the top line much longer after Fisher returns.

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Vermette - Comrie - Eaves
Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
Schubert - Kelly - McAmmond
McGrattan

Gives us the ability to role 4 lines, with two scoring lines and two lines that can forecheck hard. Kelly will still get a decent amount of minutes.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2007, 11:56 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Something's got to give, and I don't expect Kelly to stay on the top line much longer after Fisher returns.

Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
McGrattan

Gives us the ability to role 4 lines, with two scoring lines and two lines that can forecheck hard. Kelly will still get a decent amount of minutes.
Switch Comrie and Spezza and I like it. I think Heatley plays better when he does not rely on a center to get him the puck.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:45 AM
hockeycountry

Quote:

Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
McGrattan

Because Murray is Murray, I really think Kelly will stay on the top line until the team loses (it might even have to be two in a row). But I'm ready for him to move back down soon after Fisher returns, whether it's Spezza, Comrie, or even Fisher who fills that spot on the top line. Heatley-Spezza-Eaves/Vermette-Comrie-Alfredsson are legitimate choices too, if you wanted to mix things up a little . . . whatever happens, there should be plenty of options.

hockeycountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 12:51 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Switch Comrie and Spezza and I like it. I think Heatley plays better when he does not rely on a center to get him the puck.
That's possible, but I really think Murray is going to give the big line another shot once we get Fisher back. Comrie gives us a 2nd line center, which in turn gives us secondary scoring, and it allows Fisher to go back with Schaefer and Neil.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

i want to see the Big Line together because its beautiful hockey, however im just not sure that its the most effective use of our talent.
Kelly brings and element of speed and determination to his line with Alfie and Heater that seems to compliment them more than his abilities would initially suggest.
He allows them more offensive zone time so while he may not be directly involved in every goal, he gives the line more opportunities to score and keep the pressure on.

Spezza on the next line creates a nightmare for the opposition that i just dont think you can get if you keep all the guns together.

Im all in favour of our two star wingers anchoring one line and our star center anchoring another.
There's a certain balance there that i like.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2007, 09:36 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
That's possible, but I really think Murray is going to give the big line another shot once we get Fisher back. Comrie gives us a 2nd line center, which in turn gives us secondary scoring, and it allows Fisher to go back with Schaefer and Neil.
I agree that it would be nice to see since they are an awesome line. I am just worried Heatley will revert back to his old self with Spezza on his line. I enjoy watching this new Heatley play.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 01:24 AM
Bileur

I'm really getting tired of Comrie on the 3rd. I know Spezza and Fisher just came back but we've been coveting a 2nd line center for years and we've finally got one, only to waste him with the likes of Chris Neil? (no offense to Neiler) The Chris Kelly experiment was fine during the injury run but its over now let him drop back to where he should be.....4th or 3rd line.

Heatley-Comrie-Eaves
Vermette-Spezza-Alfredsson
Schaefer-Fisher-Neil
Schubert-Kelly-McAmmond

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 06:17 AM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
i want to see the Big Line together because its beautiful hockey, however im just not sure that its the most effective use of our talent.
Im all in favour of our two star wingers anchoring one line and our star center anchoring another.
There's a certain balance there that i like.
Another reason not to put the big line together is that we get a lot more out of Heatley when he is not just wating or the perfect Spezza pass.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Calorissi

My prediction will be that Schaefer will be sent to Florida and we will end up with Roberts and something.

That would leave these lines:
Heatley - Comrie - Alfredsson ----> great as PP 1 while Spezza was out and should be the first line most of the time.

Vermette- Spezza - Eaves -----> starting to show some chemistry and the youth with Spezza's finesse will completement each other well. Eaves likes to be in front of the net and Vermette has great speed and a good shot.

Roberts - Fisher - Neil ------> can you get a better checking/energy line. Real Grit and a serious pain to play against. LITERALLY

Schubert - Kelly - McAmmond ---> I am actually disliking the thought of Kelly moving off the 1st line (he has really grown on me) but he could bring the same intensity to this line (he and Schubert could feed off each other) and this whole line can be used as spare parts on any other line if needed.

Calorissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 09:52 AM
Answer

Best line combination

Vermette-Spezza-Alfie

Heatley-Comrie-Eaves

Scheafer-Fisher-Neil

Schubert-Kelly-McAmmond

- Mcgrattan

Answer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Brandi

Where is Hamel?

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 10:02 AM
Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Where is Hamel?

whose that??

Old
01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Buckleys

Heatley - Kelly - Alfredson
Schaefer - Spezza - Fisher
Vermette - Comrie - Neil
Schubert - McAmmond - Eaves

Are my forward predictions for when Fisher is back <-- Silvercup, note the sarcasm

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
Vermette - Comrie - Neil

Are my forward predictions for when Fisher is back <-- Silvercup, note the sarcasm

you just copied the lines from last nights game ...

Old
01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I'm really getting tired of Comrie on the 3rd. I know Spezza and Fisher just came back but we've been coveting a 2nd line center for years and we've finally got one, only to waste him with the likes of Chris Neil? (no offense to Neiler) The Chris Kelly experiment was fine during the injury run but its over now let him drop back to where he should be.....4th or 3rd line.

Heatley-Comrie-Eaves
Vermette-Spezza-Alfredsson
Schaefer-Fisher-Neil
Schubert-Kelly-McAmmond
I completely agree. I want to see the lineup like this (or close, like switching Alfie and Eaves. Whatever, this is the basic setup I want to see).

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Brandi

Why is everyone so hell bent in changing the lineup?

We're doing well. What's the big concern.

Old
01-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
Vermette - Comrie - Neil

I noted, I noted!

Twitter: @livelikeagypsy
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Big Al

Quote:

Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
McGrattan

I agree these are the best combo's. How about the power play unit of Spezza, Heatly and Comrie up front and Redden and Alfredsson on the point. Alfie was great on the point before and is strong defensively

Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
I agree these are the best combo's. How about the power play unit of Spezza, Heatly and Comrie up front and Redden and Alfredsson on the point. Alfie was great on the point before and is strong defensively
I like Alfie on the point as well. He's so dynamic and mobile, which is what the powerplay really needs .

Old
01-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Roy G Biv*

Is this what our lineup looks like with everyone in their natural position?

Schaefer - Spezza - Alfredsson
________ - Comrie - Heatley
________ - Fisher - Neil
________ - McAmmond - Eaves
________ - Vermette

Roy G Biv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Answer

Vermette-Spezza-Alfie

Heatley-Comrie-Eaves