HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumour: Rivet and Samsonov for Aucoin (Bob McKenzie on TSN)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2007, 08:25 AM
  #201
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
McKenzie saying this morning at Team 990, that he heard there were talks about it but from his own words: "it shouldn't be imminent"......Didn't look to convince when talking about it that it will happen.

Said that Habs didn't want to get rid of Rivet at all but has to address this UFA thing coming next summer.
Still makes the most sense to me. The extra time to evaluate Samsonov, and Aucoin's health, to see how our own negotiations go with Souray, etc... still adds up to a better fit on a Samsonov-Aucoin swap in the summertime perhaps. With all of the other stuff left out.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 08:30 AM
  #202
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
If it was a joke, I honestly didn't get it.
His comment is based on that traducted is not an english word. Translated would be the proper term. Since the original comment was about and english guy speaking french, he saw irony that you used a french word in an english answer... At least I assume

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 09:17 AM
  #203
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Truthfully I agree. You can easily become a joke in that business, if you fabricate.

I won't speak for 417, but I didn't see Bob M.'s segment, where he spoke of a rumoured deal. The context matters though. His source could have said, 'I know my boss called Mtl, I know we'd love to move Aucoin, hmm, we need a scoring winger and they're not happy with Samsonov.' or Bob M hears gainey has tried to interest Chicago in Samsonov, and Bob M puts 2 and 2 together, and wonders if Aucoin makes sense, knowing Mtl has only 3 NHL d men sigend for next year. He isn't fabricating but speculating, or his source is. I'm just speculating myself here Tosh, as I don't know the wording or context he used.

I agree he's a credible source, probably the most credible source right now. The problem is that the McKenzie's and even McGuire's don't speculate much about trades anymore. Their sources are too highly placed, so they can't comment. The guys whp speak to a trainer who over heard his GM, say Hi Glen how ya doin, doesn't have the same clout. So, no, I don't think McKenzie bullspits.
Preventive is a word hehe. I would tend to agree with most of your posts but I believe that Bob would have to hear something from what he considered a reliable source rather than put 2 and 2 together. I love these moral issues . haha

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 09:22 AM
  #204
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Preventive is a word hehe. I would tend to agree with most of your posts but I believe that Bob would have to hear something from what he considered a reliable source rather than put 2 and 2 together. I love these moral issues . haha
But what makes you think MacKenzie's source wasn't the one who put 2 and 2 together??

This rumour, the more you think about it, the more you realize it doesn't make any sense.

Prior to last nights game, we had gone 2 game + without scoring a goal, we're struggling to score goals 5 on 5, yet we're gonna trade a scoring winger (granted, he hasn't scored much, but still) a dman (Rivet) who's got more goals and points than the one were supposedly looking to deal for (Aucoin)...and all that to fix a potential UFA problem with our defensman that might happen in the offseason???


It doesn't make sense on any level you look at it

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 10:36 AM
  #205
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
But what makes you think MacKenzie's source wasn't the one who put 2 and 2 together??

This rumour, the more you think about it, the more you realize it doesn't make any sense.

Prior to last nights game, we had gone 2 game + without scoring a goal, we're struggling to score goals 5 on 5, yet we're gonna trade a scoring winger (granted, he hasn't scored much, but still) a dman (Rivet) who's got more goals and points than the one were supposedly looking to deal for (Aucoin)...and all that to fix a potential UFA problem with our defensman that might happen in the offseason???


It doesn't make sense on any level you look at it
Ahhhh but that's the beauty of rumours. They mostly don't make sense. How could you get 5 pages of posts from something that made sense

BTW now that we are on a winning streak, do we really need to make changes

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 11:17 AM
  #206
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Ahhhh but that's the beauty of rumours. They mostly don't make sense. How could you get 5 pages of posts from something that made sense

BTW now that we are on a winning streak, do we really need to make changes
I assume you're being sarcastic since 1 game does not make a winning streak...however, I wasn't for making changes (see trades) even during our slump.

This edition of the Habs took almost 35 games to lose 2 straight games, a slump was bound to happen, it coincided with a flu bug that hit the team, and playing 3 very hot teams with even hotter goaltenders (Detroit - Hasek, Ottawa - Emery, Vancouver - Luongo).

The Habs are a good team, they proved that in the 1st half of the season, one slump doesn't change the work they've done thus far...this team has good leadership and great coaching, they'll find they're groove again, good teams do. I hate the way the team has played lately (last night was far from perfect IMO) but I also understand it's a long season and every team goes through this, i'm not worried at all.

If the Habs can get consistent performances from their best players, Huet, Koivu, Kovalev, Markov, Souray and Higgins, the complimentary players, Ryder, Plekanec, Latendresse, Johnson and Bonk will follow suit, and if that happens the Habs don't have to make a move.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 01:15 PM
  #207
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Preventive is a word hehe. I would tend to agree with most of your posts but I believe that Bob would have to hear something from what he considered a reliable source rather than put 2 and 2 together. I love these moral issues . haha
I was watching the game last night and it popped into my head, or the general area, 'preventive is a word', just not where I used it. my daughter walked by and asked me why I was laughing, and I told her to forget it, I'd just say it wrong.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 03:28 PM
  #208
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I was watching the game last night and it popped into my head, or the general area, 'preventive is a word', just not where I used it. my daughter walked by and asked me why I was laughing, and I told her to forget it, I'd just say it wrong.
Ironically enough, I never even noticed that you put "preventive" and I put "preventative".... now I have no idea which is a real word and which isn't. I just put the quotes to show I was borrowing from what you said, none of my usual anal-retentative spelling corrections going on that time!

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
  #209
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I assume you're being sarcastic since 1 game does not make a winning streak...however, I wasn't for making changes (see trades) even during our slump.

This edition of the Habs took almost 35 games to lose 2 straight games, a slump was bound to happen, it coincided with a flu bug that hit the team, and playing 3 very hot teams with even hotter goaltenders (Detroit - Hasek, Ottawa - Emery, Vancouver - Luongo).

The Habs are a good team, they proved that in the 1st half of the season, one slump doesn't change the work they've done thus far...this team has good leadership and great coaching, they'll find they're groove again, good teams do. I hate the way the team has played lately (last night was far from perfect IMO) but I also understand it's a long season and every team goes through this, i'm not worried at all.

If the Habs can get consistent performances from their best players, Huet, Koivu, Kovalev, Markov, Souray and Higgins, the complimentary players, Ryder, Plekanec, Latendresse, Johnson and Bonk will follow suit, and if that happens the Habs don't have to make a move.
Yeah I was being This town is unbelievably notorious for living game by game. It's worst than the scariest roller coaster ride in the world.

I agree with you on most points, but I disagree with you that the team doesn't need to make a move. Somewhere along the line they will have to address the 2nd line Center situation. This team cannot contend without a strong 2nd line center. Pleks is not the answer. And it just does not make sense to me that you would invest that kind of money in Sammy and Kovy and then just use them as whipping boys.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 05:48 PM
  #210
buddahsmoka1
Registered User
 
buddahsmoka1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: México, D.F.
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,057
vCash: 500
I would rather have Rivet than Aucoin any day. Rivet is a good leader for the team.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
  #211
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon flatly denies

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=192885&hubname=nhl

Rivet has been the subject of trade rumours of late, including one sending him to Chicago for the struggling Adrian Aucoin.

Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon flatly denied that, however, on Friday.

"We haven't talked to Montreal," Tallon told The Canadian Press. "This all started because I was at the Montreal-Vancouver game this week en route to the Top Prospects Game (in Quebec City). It's amazing how rumours start.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 06:43 PM
  #212
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Rumours are food for thought but they've to really taken by a grain of salt when after each rumour x player or y gm denies the rumour. If it comes from someone like Bob Mackenzie then I'd call this a valid rumour otherwise anyone can '' bs ''.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 07:03 PM
  #213
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
no it woudn't, we have way too much D's as it is

...that makes many mystakes.

And we're gonna lose one next year.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 07:12 PM
  #214
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,797
vCash: 500
Rumours is a very over-used term...Speculation however, is a more fitting term for all this non-sense...Specualtion is what the media does when they see scouts from 8 different teams in attendance at another teams home rink, and speculation then runs rampid...When this happens, people use the term rumour...go figure...anyhow, when it involves the Habs, it's not rumours, it's speculation... we all know too well, BG doesn't do rumours...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 07:14 PM
  #215
shimy1221*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
i really hope aucoin doesnt end up here..

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
  #216
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,143
vCash: 500
I wish that when these rumors break, that people take a second to relax instead of freaking out. It's become clear that Gainey keeps things very close lipped, so if you hear about it, it's likely BS.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 10:53 PM
  #217
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,531
vCash: 500
I think this thread has run its course

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 11:48 PM
  #218
antidot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
But what makes you think MacKenzie's source wasn't the one who put 2 and 2 together??

This rumour, the more you think about it, the more you realize it doesn't make any sense.

Prior to last nights game, we had gone 2 game + without scoring a goal, we're struggling to score goals 5 on 5, yet we're gonna trade a scoring winger (granted, he hasn't scored much, but still) a dman (Rivet) who's got more goals and points than the one were supposedly looking to deal for (Aucoin)...and all that to fix a potential UFA problem with our defensman that might happen in the offseason???


It doesn't make sense on any level you look at it
well , you can look at it differently ;

Most of the games , the habs give more than 30 shuts to the opposite teams . There are also too much wins that were because the ecellent performances of Huet . So , that means that the defensive core isn't that good .

Than , as you said , there is the problem of the 3 d-men that are going to be UFA next summer ; it's too dangerous to let that situation go , without doing anything .

Next , This trade is a 2 on 1 ; The Habs give two players , and just receive one . That could means that the management is making room for another player of the organisation ( Kosty ), or because there is another trade in the run ; Probably a center .
As you can see , there are more than one good reason to make that trade .

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 11:56 PM
  #219
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I wish that when these rumors break, that people take a second to relax instead of freaking out. It's become clear that Gainey keeps things very close lipped, so if you hear about it, it's likely BS.
x10 !

That's one reason I love Gainey, he's the "secret agent" of GMs. By the time you learn about a REAL action, it's been done for hours.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
  #220
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Considering Sammy is a bad signing and that Rivet, Markov, Ninnimma and Souray are UFA's and Komisarek is a a RFA a trade to make sure we have a legit #3 - #4 Dman for a wasted payment of a player like Samsonov is a good trade, although I think we should get some insurance in a draft pick or prospect because of Aucoin's injury past the last 2 years.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 10:06 AM
  #221
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antidot View Post
well , you can look at it differently ;

Most of the games , the habs give more than 30 shuts to the opposite teams . There are also too much wins that were because the ecellent performances of Huet . So , that means that the defensive core isn't that good .

Than , as you said , there is the problem of the 3 d-men that are going to be UFA next summer ; it's too dangerous to let that situation go , without doing anything .
Next , This trade is a 2 on 1 ; The Habs give two players , and just receive one . That could means that the management is making room for another player of the organisation ( Kosty ), or because there is another trade in the run ; Probably a center .
As you can see , there are more than one good reason to make that trade .
Next summer, is next summer...Gainey will cross that bridge when he gets there.

There going to resign Markov, there's no doubt about that IMO...as for Rivet/Souray, if they walk as UFA's then so be it, it'll be up to Gainey to replace them.

The Sabres lost Jay McKee during the summer, they didn't look to trade him during the year last year just because he was becoming a free agent, instead they replaced him via another UFA.

There's a few dmen that are free agents during the summer that could interest Gainey should Souray not return, Rafalski, Hannan, Phillips, Brewer, Timonen, Stuart, etc...

I don't know why anyone thinks we have to make a move now to remedy something that *might* happen during the offseason, the Habs are in the middle of trying to shore up home ice for the playoffs, and they're in position to do so because of the players it currently has, no need to make a move just to make a move.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 10:52 AM
  #222
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,797
vCash: 500
I think Markov will re-sign shortly...just a feeling...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 12:09 PM
  #223
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,450
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If Timonen is not signed, I would definitely make a pitch for him. Timonen is great and fast. Provided we are talking about Kimmo, here.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.