HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paging GuyF

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 12:36 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Paging GuyF

I'm not sure if you've done this interveiw or not, but I sure hope you do some day.

Pete Peeters.

I would be curious of his thoughts on Conklin. His strong points. Area he needs work.

Salo too. With the hip problem. His past year, his future. Areas that he feels Tommy needs to work on.

I think that would be a good read. If you've done it already and I missed it. My apologies.

Old
12-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I'm not sure if you've done this interveiw or not, but I sure hope you do some day.

Pete Peeters.

I would be curious of his thoughts on Conklin. His strong points. Area he needs work.

Salo too. With the hip problem. His past year, his future. Areas that he feels Tommy needs to work on.

I think that would be a good read. If you've done it already and I missed it. My apologies.
Great idea. Would be nice to get the inside scoop about the goalies.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Isn´t his son Trevor playing WHL and available in 2004 ??
Would be an excellent interview-choice !

Old
12-04-2003, 01:30 PM
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri

Pete Peeters.

Good question. Also ask him if he works with any of the other goalies in the system.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:23 PM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
What about interviewing Mike Comrie, would that be wrong or would he even do it, that would make a good interview i think.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:28 PM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
What about interviewing Mike Comrie, would that be wrong or would he even do it, that would make a good interview i think.
It would, but he's hockey's present, not hockey's future :-) Not really the purpose of the web site...

Old
12-04-2003, 02:29 PM
H-Bear

Ah yes, that would be great to know what he thinks of JDD; what he needs to do to make his jump to the AHL and eventually the NHL as smooth as possible.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I chatted with Pete during training camp in order to get a read on the goalies. It didn't get to far though because he said "I'm a goalie coach and not a scout, I just work with the goalies I'm not here to grade them."

I could talk to him about his kid (playing in Red Deer behind Cam Ward by the way) but I wouldn't expect much from him in regards to a scouting report on the organizations goalies.

I could probably talk to him about Salo and Conks only... and since neither fit HF's prospect criteria... it's something I would do in a very limited way or for something other than HF.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
It would, but he's hockey's present, not hockey's future :-) Not really the purpose of the web site...
Either is Pete Peters talking about our goalies that our here in the present. I know the website is for hochey's future, but why is there one stickey for prospect stats and every other thread is about game day or players or trade etc. I know what you mean, it was just a suggestion, i thought ppl might like it. Sorry.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
Either is Pete Peters talking about our goalies that our here in the present. I know the website is for hochey's future, but why is there one stickey for prospect stats and every other thread is about game day or players or trade etc. I know what you mean, it was just a suggestion, i thought ppl might like it. Sorry.

Don't worry about it... it's no big deal. The message boards are great for talking about current events and stuff but the purpose of the SITE and the ARTICLES on the site are... "Hockey's Future" and that's why you see Q&A's with prospects and not veterans.

Don't think for a minute I wouldn't love to interview Ryan Smyth or Mike Comrie or someone like that. I WILL be talking to Kevin Prendergast again very soon and I am tentatively planning on talking at length with Kevin Lowe (probably in the New Year and after the Comrie situation is resolved).

And as always... lots of interviews with prospects... Eddie Caron has been in the works for about 3 weeks now, Dwight Helminen is on Monday, I talked to Kyle Brodziak a while ago and should have that posted here fairly soon, David Rohlfs is in about 2 weeks and then Brock Radunske, Doug Lynch and maybe Glen Fisher are on the horizon after that (X-Mas might screw some of those plans up temporarily though too).

Is that enough?

Old
12-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Cowboy

You're busy eh !

Old
12-04-2003, 04:14 PM
oh_canuck

Rebounds, ask him if he needs some rebound control drills I have a book full, free service. Problems on the pk come down to face offs and rebounds, both piss poor.

Salo and conklin both have this problem its like they dont know where the puck is going after they make a save, with kids playing goal I have often attributed this to closing your eyes......

Closed Thread