HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dogs win 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 05:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Dogs win 4-2

Balej with 2 goals, Gratton 2 g 2a.

Also Ryan Glenn had 3 pts tonight, all assists.

PEI lost be big game to CB 4-2, but Lapierre had a good night with 1g 1a

Stewart no pts

Locke no pts -1

Deveaux 1 assist 1 fight

Flood no pts -1

Old
12-05-2003, 06:04 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Another cood game for Gratton. Maybe he will play for the habs this season??? Also, I think it's one of the fisrt game that Urquart and Lambert didn't had any point.

Old
12-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Dogs showing great character, coming back from behind and scoring 4 unanswered goals in the 3rd.

Also, 2 goals and 2 assists for Gratton tonight. The guy is burning the AHL right now. At this point I would consider it VERY unfair for him if they didn't give him a chance to prove what he can do in the NHL with the Habs this year. He's the kind of player we need more of (strong character, good playmaking abilities, responsible in his own zone and one of the hardest worker on the ice).

Old
12-05-2003, 06:51 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Dogs showing great character, coming back from behind and scoring 4 unanswered goals in the 3rd.

Also, 2 goals and 2 assists for Gratton tonight. The guy is burning the AHL right now. At this point I would consider it VERY unfair for him if they didn't give him a chance to prove what he can do in the NHL with the Habs this year. He's the kind of player we need more of (strong character, good playmaking abilities, responsible in his own zone and one of the hardest worker on the ice).

Could he be worse than Chad "don't hit me pleaaaaaaase" Kilger? Don't think so.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:09 PM
turnbuckle*

Thanks for the updates Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen

What more does he have to do? Top scorer in the league last season until his injury...top scorer in the league this season. I would imagine CJ would have good things to say about him, but with the recent efforts to "beef up" the center position (with Kilger and Bulis), and the relative success, I would suspect that he would have to play on the wing if he's called up. I have no problem with him replacing Dackell, Langdon, Juneau, Perreault and Sunny on occasion just as long as he doesn't cost Ward playing time when he returns. And of course, there's the little problem of Audette in a few weeks.

If Audette returns to the lineup (not what I want, but I have a feeling it's going to happen), and Dagenais continues to impress, Gratton might be SOL.

Ryder
Koivu
Zednik
Bulis
Ribeiro
Dagenais
Begin
Ward
Kilger
Perreault
Langdon
Sunny
Dackell
Juneau
Audette

That's 15 spots already. I sure hopes Bob does some housecleaning over the next month; he's going to have to put somebody on waivers when Ward returns, and again when Owedebt is healthy.

Here's a lineup I wouldn't mind seeing in a couple of weeks:

Ryder Koivu Zed
Ribs Bulis Ward/Dagenais
Gratton Begin Sunny/Ward
Langdon Kilger Dagenais/Sunny
Perreault

Audette, Juneau, Dackell gone or riding the pine.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
It would be too bad to lose him to waiver if we call him up and send him down when Jason Ward will come back! To Lose Dagenais is not a big deal but lose Gratton....

Gratton is a great example for our kids in the farm, he is a keeper!
The Habs are one of the weakest team in the NHL (if it weren't for Theodore). If Gratton is called up, can't crack the team, is placed on waivers and gets picked up, there's not much chance we lose him nonetheless.

If he cannot crack a weak team like Montreal up front, even if he gets picked up, there's not much chance he'll crack an other team's top-13. So even if we lose him temporarly, if he doesn't remain on the team that picks him up, we'll be able to claim him back just like we did with Bouillon.

Again, the point here is if he's of no help for Montreal, he's likely of no help for any other team.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Dripper

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Balej with 2 goals, Gratton 2 g 2a.

Also Ryan Glenn had 3 pts tonight, all assists.

PEI lost be big game to CB 4-2, but Lapierre had a good night with 1g 1a

Stewart no pts

Locke no pts -1

Deveaux 1 assist 1 fight

Flood no pts -1

I attended the Rimouski vs Quebec game tonight and Stewart didn't impressed me at all.. he made a huge giveaway at some point and he misread the play at times in the defensive zone... and he seemed to shy away from physical play (he also looks pretty thin), but his team played most of the game short-handed so he, and especially Crosby, didn't really have the occasion to show their talent since neither of them fight (there was 11 fights althrough the game... I was wondering at some point if I should attend a boxing gala in the near future in case a hockey game happens!)

Old
12-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper
I attended the Rimouski vs Quebec game tonight and Stewart didn't impressed me at all.. he made a huge giveaway at some point and he misread the play at times in the defensive zone... and he seemed to shy away from physical play (he also looks pretty thin), but his team played most of the game short-handed so he, and especially Crosby, didn't really have the occasion to show their talent since neither of them fight (there was 11 fights althrough the game... I was wondering at some point if I should attend a boxing gala in the near future in case a hockey game happens!)
I was there too , it's was a ****ing fight fest !!! Crosby played well but he often had 2 guys on him . He played quite good on the PK and controlled the tempo of the play few time at even forces .

Hennessy shined big time with 3goal , 1 assist and a good overall play . Shkotov looked good too with 4 assist and was creating a lot of things . 18.500 people were there ... shaked hand with Roy ! ( inside : he talk to his child in english )

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 12-06-2003 at 01:08 AM.
Old
12-06-2003, 01:11 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Balej with 2 goals
Three Stars:
1. HAM - Jozef Balej

9 shots on goal ... i think he's still improving , i would love too see him play again it's been a while now

Old
12-06-2003, 05:51 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Three Stars:
1. HAM - Jozef Balej

9 shots on goal ... i think he's still improving , i would love too see him play again it's been a while now
Dogs on Sportsnet sunday..

Closed Thread