HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jan Bulis has demanded a trade

Old
01-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

vCash: 500
It all comes down to this: He thinks he is a better player than he actually is

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
I honestly think I'd do it.

Bulis is a free agent at the end of the year while Samsonov still has another year left at 3.5.
Doesnt work. Canucks are on tight budget ... they have to save some cap room if they want to keep Salo or get someone to replace him. Besides, they need natural right wingers.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:54 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
We have a Winner!!!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Sweet

Who cares of Jan Bulis ???

Come on ...

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

Bingo

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2 View Post
Funny how people like to dump on former players. The guy gave us 4 years of reliable defense and hard work and used to be universally praised as a solid 3rd liner on this board, but as soon as Gainey criticized him a little last season, plenty of posters started dumping on him like sheep.

At the start of last season, he lead the pre-season in scoring, people started talking about him as an O-line player, pointing to his Czech league numbers, he followed it up by having the best offensive season of his career and notching 20 goals, and people were generally quite pleased, but as soon as word came out that he asked for more icetime and that Gainey denied it to him, he became a pariah and a lockerroom cancer in the minds of lots of Habs fans.
C-H-E-A-T-E-R.

That's all he is.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Habsfan18

that is hilarious.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2 View Post
Funny how people like to dump on former players. The guy gave us 4 years of reliable defense and hard work and used to be universally praised as a solid 3rd liner on this board, but as soon as Gainey criticized him a little last season, plenty of posters started dumping on him like sheep.

At the start of last season, he lead the pre-season in scoring, people started talking about him as an O-line player, pointing to his Czech league numbers, he followed it up by having the best offensive season of his career and notching 20 goals, and people were generally quite pleased, but as soon as word came out that he asked for more icetime and that Gainey denied it to him, he became a pariah and a lockerroom cancer in the minds of lots of Habs fans.
What a lovely selective memory you have.

Many fans liked Bulis in the past, you are correct. But as soon as Bulis stopped putting the work in, he quickly became disliked. That was before Gainey took over the bench.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

I don't get it sometimes how players like Zednik and Bulis who are good threats and have plenty of upwards potential ( I include Kobasew, Zubrus etc... )

All of a sudden become career 40 point guys ...

Do they all peak early or do they just plain give up ...

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Sounds to me like Bulis was expecting a free ride playing with the Sedins and a chance to pad his stats so he could get even more money for next year's contract, be it in Vancouver or somewhere else.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:40 AM
galiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
He played a maximum of 10 games as a top-6 forward... and well, didn't perform that well. But he didn't get a real chance to get going with the Sedins, as he was (reportedly) told he would when he signed there.

His timing is off, and his results are very low, but you can't really blame him for wanting out (if he really does).
What ??? You can't blame him for wanting out ?? Are you kidding me ? This is a guy who in pre season and the first part of the year was given every opportunity with the Sedins and did absolutely nothing. He has had power play time and done nothing. He has played top 2 lines much of the season and look at his numbers. He has limited hockey sense and a bad attitude plus he makes $ 1.3 million. He leads the team in cheap hooking penalties.

This guy should just shut up, play hard and try to earn his paycheque. If he doesn't then he's soon going to find himself playing somewhere else on his way back to obscurity in Europe.

galiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by galiano View Post
What ??? You can't blame him for wanting out ?? Are you kidding me ? This is a guy who in pre season and the first part of the year was given every opportunity with the Sedins and did absolutely nothing. He has had power play time and done nothing. He has played top 2 lines much of the season and look at his numbers. He has limited hockey sense and a bad attitude plus he makes $ 1.3 million. He leads the team in cheap hooking penalties.

This guy should just shut up, play hard and try to earn his paycheque. If he doesn't then he's soon going to find himself playing somewhere else on his way back to obscurity in Europe.
Talk about bitter. The guy has the same PP time that Trevor Linden has. That's not a premium offensive role... and he has less ice time per game than Kesler and Cooke, you can't make up things. But you are right, he did play on the PP and on the top-two lines, just like I said, he just didn't get the chance he thought he would have. And if he wants out because he'd been told he'd get that chance, you can't blame him. If the guy that offers you a contract as a chef only uses you as a waiter, you'll want out to.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Well....Rocket Bulis did have a 4-goal game...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Harold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
Talk about bitter. The guy has the same PP time that Trevor Linden has. That's not a premium offensive role... and he has less ice time per game than Kesler and Cooke, you can't make up things. But you are right, he did play on the PP and on the top-two lines, just like I said, he just didn't get the chance he thought he would have. And if he wants out because he'd been told he'd get that chance, you can't blame him. If the guy that offers you a contract as a chef only uses you as a waiter, you'll want out to.
Just wondering, how many Canucks games have you watched to base your opinion on? I've seen every pre-season and regular season game this year and let me tell you Vancouver fans have not named him Jan Buseless for nothing. Jan was given #1 PP time and time on the first line in the first part of the season and he was absolutely horrible. He would turn over the puck in the offensive zone countless times, and had trouble even hitting the net with any shots that he did get through.
At the most Nonis promised him a chance with the Sedins, he didn't promise him 82 games no matter how Bulis' play was.
To use your analogy, if I offer a chef a contract to work in my restaurant and he flat out can't cook, I'm not going to leave him in the kitchen and lose all of my customers. Bulis showed that he clearly couldn't play on the top lines or with the Sedins, despite numerous chances. Do you expect the coach to then still leave him on the first lines and PP throughout the whole season, based on some vague suggestion that you think you heard that he might be given time on the top lines?
You play like a top line player and you get top line minutes, there aren't any free lunches.

Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
Just wondering, how many Canucks games have you watched to base your opinion on? I've seen every pre-season and regular season game this year and let me tell you Vancouver fans have not named him Jan Buseless for nothing.
You guys get to see your team's preseason games? I'm jealous.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 05:59 PM
ngc_5128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
You guys get to see your team's preseason games? I'm jealous.
I think they are pay per view, so I am not jealous

ngc_5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:00 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
I am incredibly ashamed to have argued that he could score 75 points this season. I owe anybody who spent the whole day laughing their *** off after reading that post, a sincere apology.

Signed,

Me.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
Just wondering, how many Canucks games have you watched to base your opinion on? I've seen every pre-season and regular season game this year and let me tell you Vancouver fans have not named him Jan Buseless for nothing. Jan was given #1 PP time and time on the first line in the first part of the season and he was absolutely horrible. He would turn over the puck in the offensive zone countless times, and had trouble even hitting the net with any shots that he did get through.
At the most Nonis promised him a chance with the Sedins, he didn't promise him 82 games no matter how Bulis' play was.
To use your analogy, if I offer a chef a contract to work in my restaurant and he flat out can't cook, I'm not going to leave him in the kitchen and lose all of my customers. Bulis showed that he clearly couldn't play on the top lines or with the Sedins, despite numerous chances. Do you expect the coach to then still leave him on the first lines and PP throughout the whole season, based on some vague suggestion that you think you heard that he might be given time on the top lines?
You play like a top line player and you get top line minutes, there aren't any free lunches.
You're only repeating what I said: he played on the top-two lines and didn't perform, and got pushed down to the bottom lines and to a more defensive role. I never suggested that Vigneault was wrong not to play him on the top two lines, I only said that IF Bulis asked for a trade (which we don't really know), it probably was because he signed in Vancouver because he was told he'd had a spot on the top-two lines and doesn't think he got a real chance to prove himself. Now that doesn't mean Vigneault was wrong at all to "break" the possible oral agreement that Bulis had with Nonis.

To take the chef example... You demote your chef to waiter status, but since he didn't sign with you as a waiter, it would be fair for him to look for a new job. I am not saying anything against the Canucks, I am just saying those who give crap to Bulis for that are plain wrong (except for his timing, which really shows a selfish side of him).

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
yukoner

I always like Bulis but he really let me down this season, I thought he could perform if given the chance but he can't.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
I am incredibly ashamed to have argued that he could score 75 points this season. I owe anybody who spent the whole day laughing their *** off after reading that post, a sincere apology.

Signed,

Me.
No problem. We're all humans.

I would not be surprised if Bullis hated Vigneault and wanted out because of it.

I still think he's not a bad third-like guy.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:32 PM
phil

when will Jan face the fact that he ain't no hall of famer?

phil is offline   Reply With Quote