HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Gdt: 1/18/07 TB @ NJ

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
NickHanson

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
HOMER!! Still hasn't allowed a goal in the SO!

LIGHTNING BEAT THE DEVILS!

Old
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Maria

WOHOHOHOHOOHO!!!!

Marty keep it simple next time please

Old
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
OptimismRestrainer

That may have been the most boring hockey game I have ever watched but man it is awesome to get 2 points out of it!!!

Old
01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
Yup, pretty boring. Homer rocks in the shootout.

Old
01-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Strong Island

How was that game boring?

Old
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8237
Awards:
Wow the game of the posts for the Bolts... ..All 3 goals of the night by Brad Richards..You think he's coming out of his funk from the first half of the season ... We put 2 more points in the bank... on to the Canes on Sat.

Old
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Maria

Boring??

Old
01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
boltsfan4*

i have to agree with dkball. if u thought that game was boring, u shouldnt be watching hockey. there were hits, we had numerous scoring chances against one of the, if not, the best defense in the NHL, and scored 2 goals, should have been 4 or 5 if not for the iron. the game in my opinion should never have went in OT, and if we didnt get 2 pts in that game, it would have been a travesty. how is a shootout boring? Dude i gottta be honest with you, u need to check yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself, am i really a hockey fan? how long have u been following hockey? not as long as i have i bet

Old
01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Hockeyfan02

Well I had to drive back to Tampa so I had to listen to the game through static, but Mishkin's yelling for goals made it pretty clear what was going on at times. Richards with a good game tonight, he's starting to produce lately and that's what this team needs. Sounded like a solid effort from Homer after the brutal softie in the 1st including a 3 save sequence on Parise. Did catch the shootout. Nice goal by Brad there and a nice break on the Elias miss. 2 points in NJ no matter how you get them is a big two points right now. 6 wins in seven games. Niiiiiiiice.

Old
01-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Strong Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan4 View Post
i have to agree with dkball. if u thought that game was boring, u shouldnt be watching hockey. there were hits, we had numerous scoring chances against one of the, if not, the best defense in the NHL, and scored 2 goals, should have been 4 or 5 if not for the iron. the game in my opinion should never have went in OT, and if we didnt get 2 pts in that game, it would have been a travesty. how is a shootout boring? Dude i gottta be honest with you, u need to check yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself, am i really a hockey fan? how long have u been following hockey? not as long as i have i bet
I wasn't bored by Richards' breakaway goal. I wasn't bored by Lecavalier coming oh so close to beating Brodeur about 3 times (on the same shift nonetheless!). I wasn't bored by Paul Martin evening the score late in the 3rd. It's really frustrating as a Devils fan coming to other teams boards after a well fought game just to see many of their fans call my favorite team boring over and over.

Anyway good game and as I said before you guys always seem to have our number.

Old
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Maria

Did Vinny get a point tonight?

Old
01-18-2007, 09:51 PM
boltsfan4*

u have a great team there DK, u guys didnt play real great tonite for whatever reason, but i think u guys will challenge buffalo, and probably win the east, u could use a little more offense, but the D is great, and u got a solid netminder. maybe we'll see u in the playoffs, see u again next friday

Old
01-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Strong Island

Quote:
u have a great team there DK, u guys didnt play real great tonite for whatever reason, but i think u guys will challenge buffalo, and probably win the east, u could use a little more offense, but the D is great, and u got a solid netminder. maybe we'll see u in the playoffs, see u again next friday
Thanks man, hopefully next game will be more "exciting"

Good luck until then.

Old
01-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Did Vinny get a point tonight?
No. Sounded like he might from my static reception of the game, but the assists were credited to Boyle and Marty on the 2nd goal. Mishkin thought they might change it, but they didn't.

Old
01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
missK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
No. Sounded like he might from my static reception of the game, but the assists were credited to Boyle and Marty on the 2nd goal. Mishkin thought they might change it, but they didn't.
I could swear I saw him hit the puck after/during falling over Brodeur and then Brad got the goal so IMO he had an assist but the scorekeepers never changed it.

Old
01-19-2007, 06:43 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:

I've been watching hockey for about 30 years now. I realize that since I haven't been watching hockey for very long (Jimmy Carter was President) I have no business even commenting on a game at all. I'm sorry to have troubled you. We have an ignore feature here. I encourage you to put me on yours so I don't bother you in the future. Again, I'm sorry.

Last edited by OptimismRestrainer: 01-19-2007 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Math
Old
01-19-2007, 09:03 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkball7 View Post
I wasn't bored by Richards' breakaway goal. I wasn't bored by Lecavalier coming oh so close to beating Brodeur about 3 times (on the same shift nonetheless!). I wasn't bored by Paul Martin evening the score late in the 3rd. It's really frustrating as a Devils fan coming to other teams boards after a well fought game just to see many of their fans call my favorite team boring over and over.

Anyway good game and as I said before you guys always seem to have our number.

Every bit of excitment you mentioned except one had to do with what the Lightning did. I'm not trying to offend you here but the Devils are boring. They always have been. They trapped their way to 3 Stanley Cups and that's great, but it isn't the most exciting brand of hockey. Most people would admit that. It was, in my humble view, a boring hockey game. It had it's moments but for the most part it was a sleeper. If you guys were on the edge of your seat all night watching neutral zone traps and wing locks then that's fine, but to me that ain't exciting. However, a win is a win and I am excited about that as we need all of those we can get. Exciting or not, 2 points is 2 points.

Old
01-19-2007, 09:34 AM
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
Every bit of excitment you mentioned except one had to do with what the Lightning did. I'm not trying to offend you here but the Devils are boring. They always have been. They trapped their way to 3 Stanley Cups and that's great, but it isn't the most exciting brand of hockey. Most people would admit that. It was, in my humble view, a boring hockey game. It had it's moments but for the most part it was a sleeper. If you guys were on the edge of your seat all night watching neutral zone traps and wing locks then that's fine, but to me that ain't exciting. However, a win is a win and I am excited about that as we need all of those we can get. Exciting or not, 2 points is 2 points.
When we trapped our way to the 2000 Stanley Cup with the most goals in the NHL, were you bored?? Ohh, I forgot, people conveniently forget that...

Game last night was sloppy..that's all. But you're other insults are just a bit uneducated. Sorry.
Good win for the Bolts..lucky point for the Devs with the way they played.

Old
01-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
How dare Michael have an opinion!

Shame on you Michael.

Boyle > Bouwmeester

01-19-2007, 09:45 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
When we trapped our way to the 2000 Stanley Cup with the most goals in the NHL, were you bored?? Ohh, I forgot, people conveniently forget that...

Game last night was sloppy..that's all. But you're other insults are just a bit uneducated. Sorry.
You guys are just so in denial that it is pathetic!!!

An uneducated fan would try and argue that it isn't an effective style but only a ridiculously blinded homer would try and argue that it has even a hint of entertainemnt value to it and that is simp,y undeniable.

Every team you play against, whether it's a win or a loss for that team, they all comment of how that was the most boring game they encounter...why is that?

Once again, it's effective, but is is passive, boring, zero entertainment, *^$$# hockey and that's why they can't even get more than 10k in the arena for a 1st place team because even their own fans won't plunk down the $$$ for their games.They'll watch on TV but not pay the $$ for the product.

Old
01-19-2007, 09:49 AM
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post

An uneducated fan would try and argue that it isn't an effective style but only a ridiculously blinded homer would try and argue that it has even a hint of entertainemnt value to it and that is simp,y undeniable.

Every team you play against, whether it's a win or a loss for that team, they all comment of how that was the most boring game they encounter...why is that?

Once again, it's effective, but is is passive, boring, zero entertainment, *^$$# hockey and that's why they can't even get more than 10k in the arena for a 1st place team because even their own fans won't plunk down the $$$ for their games.They'll watch on TV but not pay the $$ for the product.
Stalker is back!! This guy follow the Devils fans around and whines because the Rags can't keep up...Stalker!!! Hey JR, how come you left out 2000?? was that boring? And actually, we're averaging 13, 600...so that's a few more than 10..and by the end of the year, we'll average 14,000 like every other year in NJ..nothing has changed..but your rants get funnier. Thanks for stoppping by..again.

Old
01-19-2007, 09:54 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:

Actually, I was bored. You scored alot of goals, so what, you still trapped like hell and that is ****ing boring no matter the face you put on it. And the only insult I handed out was your team is a ****ing bore to watch. Uneducated? That's just way too funny to comment on. Jersey fans are the only fans on the planet who think that Traps and Locks are fun to watch, that's not uneducated, that's fact.

Old
01-19-2007, 09:56 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XO Sniper View Post
How dare Michael have an opinion!

Shame on you Michael.

Boyle > Bouwmeester

I know Patrick. I guess I just need to learn to keep my uneducated, non hockey watching trap shut (pun intended).

Old
01-19-2007, 09:58 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:

And by the way, I didn't troll onto your board to criticize you.

Old
01-19-2007, 10:03 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post

JR, you are obviously uneducated. You sir should be ashamed of yourself for even commenting on the thrilling brand of hockey that is Devils hockey. You stalker you!!! But I feel sorry for you that you have to watch that 8 times a season. I'm lucky enough to only have to witness it 4 times.

I will say this with all honesty. The Devils have the best goaltender in history.

Closed Thread