HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers vs. Islanders January 18, 2007

Old
01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2501
Another bench minor on the Isles.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
Stamkos is so going to be drafted by the Flyers in 08. I don't care who they draft or who they sign.
Nah, Drew Doughty. The kid has the speed and skill of Pitkanen but isn't a headcase and plays very solid D.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Nah, Drew Doughty. The kid has the speed and skill of Pitkanen but isn't a headcase and plays very solid D.
Doughty is 07 eligible.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
medicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Another penalty. There is a theme here.
Cue the circus music!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Doughty is 07 eligible.
He is not. Check his birthday. He just turned 17 in December.

Preliminary rankings have him going first overall.

Old
01-18-2007, 08:16 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Does anyone know when that Tavares kid will be eligible for the draft?? Some say that he is every bit as talented as crosby but not the whiney attitude?? I guess everybody is allowed to dream but I think that the year he is eligible we definitely need to somehow go after him.

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
He is not. Check his birthday. He just turned 17 in December.

Preliminary rankings have him going first overall.
Holy freaking shiite. Check out what I found on the way to prelim. draft rankings. I've never seen gayer all-star uniforms.

http://tsn.ca/

(And you're right. I stumbled across something on HF that said he was 07 eligible and took it as fact.)

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRock View Post
Does anyone know when that Tavares kid will be eligible for the draft?? Some say that he is every bit as talented as crosby but not the whiney attitude?? I guess everybody is allowed to dream but I think that the year he is eligible we definitely need to somehow go after him.

He is not as talented as Crosby. He's a big kid, fights for his goals and gets a lot of them. But their overall talent is not on par. He's not very noticeable on the ice.

Old
01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:

He is not as talented as Crosby. He's a big kid, fights for his goals and gets a lot of them. But their overall talent is not on par. He's not very noticeable on the ice.
Really? Every time I've seen him, he's been a force. Smart, big, strong, and talented as hell (not Crosby talented though... that only happens once or twice a generation)

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Holy freaking shiite. Check out what I found on the way to prelim. draft rankings. I've never seen gayer all-star uniforms.

http://tsn.ca/

(And you're right. I stumbled across something on HF that said he was 07 eligible and took it as fact.)
Hmm, TSN now has Stamkos and Doughty reversed. I have a lot of confidence it won't look like that on draft day. Defensemen with Doughty's skill and potential don't come along as often as forwards like Stamkos. It's the Pitkanen vs. Lupul/Staal debate all over again, really.

Old
01-18-2007, 08:21 PM
medicman

"The NHL's new uniforms are about player comfort and not fan merchandising, according to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman."

So mechandising is not an important part of team revenues?

Old
01-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Really? Every time I've seen him, he's been a force. Smart, big, strong, and talented as hell (not Crosby talented though... that only happens once or twice a generation)
Yeah I don't know what it is. I'm not the first person to make this comment either. Everytime I watch Oshawa, I don't see him do much. And then at the end of the night, you check the scoresheet, and he's got 2 goals and an assist. It's weird. The kid produces at an amazing rate considering his age, but Crosby he is not. Crosby is like the anti-Afinogenov. He's all flash and all substance (Afinogenov being all flash and no substance). Tavares seems to be all substance and no flash.

Old
01-18-2007, 08:23 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
"The NHL's new uniforms are about player comfort and not fan merchandising, according to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman."

So mechandising is not an important part of team revenues?
I don't recall ever hearing a player complain about the uniforms being uncomfortable. And I call BS on fan merchandising -- if these are all that are available, they'll sell.

Old
01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Yeah I don't know what it is. I'm not the first person to make this comment either. Everytime I watch Oshawa, I don't see him do much. And then at the end of the night, you check the scoresheet, and he's got 2 goals and an assist. It's weird. The kid produces at an amazing rate considering his age, but Crosby he is not. Crosby is like the anti-Afinogenov. He's all flash and all substance (Afinogenov being all flash and no substance). Tavares seems to be all substance and no flash.
Okay, I see your point there. He isn't flashy by any stretch, but I've made a point of watching him a couple of games in Oshawa and he's a threat every time he's on the ice.

Old
01-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Okay, I see your point there. He isn't flashy by any stretch, but I've made a point of watching him a couple of games in Oshawa and he's a threat every time he's on the ice.
Yeah I don't doubt it, the numbers prove it. I'm pretty much just arguing that Crosby he is not. He's not a 'dynamic' player, but he's a great player.

Old
01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

I think I said this last week...

I'm really sick of losing.

Old
medicman

Old
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2501
Seven losses in a row.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:49 PM
medicman

Ha, Nitty said turd during his interview! Used to get that alot when we lived int NE PA.

A dispatch for 333 N. 3rd St came over the air as

"tree turdy tree north turd St."

Ok, try to find humor in all of this

Old
01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Kaktus*

Get York out of there. Carter and Calder just started to play well.. and now this.
Get a freaking coach. Stevens is not ready. Send him back to AHL.

I do not think Gomez will help if he is signed next season. I mean Peter played well but it did not help. He played well this game and the game before.

Frustrating...

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Get York out of there. Carter and Calder just started to play well.. and now this.

I do not think Gomez will help if he is signed next season. I mean Peter played well but it did not help. He played well this game and the game before.

Frustrating...
they need two forwards... whether that is Forsberg + someone... or 2 of Gomez/Drury/Briere, in order to really see something significant. it is also essential tha the young guys ON the team start to step up and play to their potential.

they need at least one top-pairing level dman to help solidify the back-end... that's a huge aspect in all these struggles.

Timmeh P. noted that the Flyers may be waiving York if he doesn't pick it up, which is why he's getting some playing time now... so they can make that decision in the near future. Once that happens (i think it will... who's with me?) then you'll see Potulny on a regular basis.

Potulny needs to go to the WING!!! Stevens actually argued against this for some reason... however, where is he planning on sticking him if he doesn't go to the wing? one of Carter/Potulny should be on the wing. clearly they don't want to put Carter there, but they won't put Potulny out there...

Forsberg/someone signed/whatever
Carter
Richards

where they putting Potulny? do they not look at depth charts? people are friggin idiots...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

Frustrating...
i was at the game the played horribly. i also think that they need a new head coach. but if we can ge the parts that we have all said i have a hard tiem beleiveing that we wont be dominatn next year. i mean Forsberg would be our number two center.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan View Post
i was at the game the played horribly. i also think that they need a new head coach. but if we can ge the parts that we have all said i have a hard tiem beleiveing that we wont be dominatn next year. i mean Forsberg would be our number two center.
this isn't going from worst in the league to dominating... and Forsberg is what he is at this point. if they can get that foot going, great... but i wouldn't rely on that happening.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
they need two forwards... whether that is Forsberg + someone... or 2 of Gomez/Drury/Briere, in order to really see something significant. it is also essential tha the young guys ON the team start to step up and play to their potential.

they need at least one top-pairing level dman to help solidify the back-end... that's a huge aspect in all these struggles.

Timmeh P. noted that the Flyers may be waiving York if he doesn't pick it up, which is why he's getting some playing time now... so they can make that decision in the near future. Once that happens (i think it will... who's with me?) then you'll see Potulny on a regular basis.

Potulny needs to go to the WING!!! Stevens actually argued against this for some reason... however, where is he planning on sticking him if he doesn't go to the wing? one of Carter/Potulny should be on the wing. clearly they don't want to put Carter there, but they won't put Potulny out there...

Forsberg/someone signed/whatever
Carter
Richards

where they putting Potulny? do they not look at depth charts? people are friggin idiots...
New GM.
New head coach.
We need to break this team apart and build it all over again. (and I do not mean trade everyone)

I would seriously replace 2 players on D. We need a rock soild D-man. Not offensive D but a rock solid all around player. Markov (or osmeone like him) comes to mind and not because he is Russian but because he is very solid in all areas player.
I would let Hatcher walk. Come on guys.. We all say he is not that bad and he picked up his game but he brings almost nothing to the table. He did not get better from last season to this season. We say he is not that bad because the whole team sucks.
So.. improve D. Draft forwards and depending on Forsberg foot and if he wants to stay here (I do not blame him if he doesn't) make a move.
Very upset about Potulny move. I knew last year that he would be more ready then Eager or Ruzicka. Bring this kid back. Sit York. Do not waive him. Maybe we will need him (God knows for what but if Forsberg will go or injury).

Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-18-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Flyers_01

From Tim P.'s article on Hockeybuzz ...

"Flyers have more wins on Long Island since Thanksgiving (2) than they two at the Wachovia Center (1)."

Ouch. 1 home win since Thanksgiving? I knew the Flyers were bad but they may set records that will never be broken by another Flyers team again.

Flyers_01 is offline   Reply With Quote