HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie meets with Kevin Lowe

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 07:51 AM
AVE MAN

vCash: 500
Comrie meets with Kevin Lowe

Global sports was reporting that Comrie met with Lowe on Wednesday December 3rd. Does this mean that a trade is getting closer? Could've they been talking about a possible Comrie return in order to make trading comrie easier? I find it to be interesting that they met without Winter, does anyone have any insights on this meeting?

Old
12-04-2003, 07:57 AM
Oiltalk

We don't have anymore info than you, but if the Oilers lose to Pittsburgh Lowe is going to be going for the kill.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVE MAN
Global sports was reporting that Comrie met with Lowe on Wednesday December 3rd. Does this mean that a trade is getting closer? Could've they been talking about a possible Comrie return in order to make trading comrie easier? I find it to be interesting that they met without Winter, does anyone have any insights on this meeting?
No more than what you've already said, though I didn't know about the meeting being Winter-free.

Interesting timing as well...on Tuesday, Lowe and his lieutenants have a big meeting to take stock of the components of their team. On Wednesday, Lowe meets with Comrie one one one. Later that night, Comrie's on Global saying that a deal doesn't sound very far off, that it's basically down to Lowe deciding which offer to accept.

I guess we'll see.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:22 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
No more than what you've already said, though I didn't know about the meeting being Winter-free.

Interesting timing as well...on Tuesday, Lowe and his lieutenants have a big meeting to take stock of the components of their team. On Wednesday, Lowe meets with Comrie one one one. Later that night, Comrie's on Global saying that a deal doesn't sound very far off, that it's basically down to Lowe deciding which offer to accept.

I guess we'll see.
Keep your fingers crossed guys.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:26 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Keep your fingers crossed guys.
There sure is a lot of smoke today. Maybe, just maybe, today is the day the fire finally breaks out.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:40 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
There sure is a lot of smoke today. Maybe, just maybe, today is the day the fire finally breaks out.
I fricking hope so...I'm tired of my fire alarm going off for no good reason. :mad:

Old
12-04-2003, 09:18 AM
creative giant*

I hope.. I hope .. I hope.

I'm just so sick of this thing.

Old
12-04-2003, 09:31 AM
gpearson1968

Hey y'all

I've bashed Comrie and Winter here and elsewhere, and I hate to say it, but Comrie is worth more to the team than anybody that Lowe gets for him in a trade.

My humble opinion of course.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Old
12-04-2003, 09:38 AM
Tricolore#20

I was listening to Just A Game show on CJCA at midnight, and John Short came on and talked to the host Jason Gregor. He said he had conversations with a scout from the Capitals earlier in the evening, while the Wild-Oilers were playing, who said that Lowe is extremely disappointed by the way the Comrie camp has handled things, and will not make a trade immediately, out of spite from the Comrie group. Short was particularly upset about the fact that Winter refused the offer to play at the Spengler Cup by saying its only "Hockey Canada." Clearly, Comrie's camp has been very disrespectful towards Lowe, the Edmonton Oilers and others (Hockey Canada, with whom Kevin Lowe is associated with) and this has changed Lowe's view. Why should he yield to a player (or agent) who disrespects the team. Short also added that another scout made similar comments during the game.

I thought this was of interest, especially considering the offensive lull the Oilers are in right now. What will neccesitate the need to trade the guy?

Old
12-04-2003, 09:40 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

PLEASE MIKE, PLEASE KEVIN...KISS AND MAKE-UP, SHAKE HANDS, HUG, PLAY HACKY SAC, SHARE A MILKSHAKE, TELL EACH OTHER JOKES, SHOW EACH OTHER PHOTO'S FROM YOUR SUMMER HOLIDAYS, GO FOR A WALK IN THE RIVER VALLEY, SHARE ANOTHER MILKSHAKE, KISS AND MAKE UP, PLEASE KISS AND MAKE UP.

ok, maybe I'm taking this a little too far, I don't want them to start dating cuz that would just be weird. but I hope that they can reconsile, I got a friend who's an architect and another friend who is an engineer, and i have lots of trees in my back yard, we can all meet and re-build the bridge that was burnt this summer.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
I bet he will be back in Oiler silks ..i think teams want him but dont want to give up anything .I say he comes back on the pretence of K-Lo trading him as soon as possible .If he does i jut wish i was at evey game to BOOOOOOOOOOO his every shift.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:47 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes
I bet he will be back in Oiler silks ..i think teams want him but dont want to give up anything .I say he comes back on the pretence of K-Lo trading him as soon as possible .If he does i jut wish i was at evey game to BOOOOOOOOOOO his every shift.
Because that will inspire his play and help him be productive (ala Tom Poti).

Old
12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
Jeez i guess we should all rush out and give him a group hug ..after he trashes the city and fans and the team ..yeah ok there buddy.:mad:

Old
12-04-2003, 11:58 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Jeez i guess we should all rush out and give him a group hug ..after he trashes the city and fans and the team ..yeah ok there buddy.:mad:
And when did he trash the city and the fans?

Old
12-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
I'd give him a hug if he came back.

Old
12-04-2003, 01:25 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
I'd give him a hug if he came back.
As would I. I wouldn't have to change my HF name that way!
<---He would add a few licks! :p

Old
12-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
As would I. I wouldn't have to change my HF name that way!
<---He would add a few licks! :p
I think I speak for everyone when I say...I'm sure glad that arrow's pointing at the dog.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:35 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
I think I speak for everyone when I say...I'm sure glad that arrow's pointing at the dog.
until two months from now when he changes his avatar to a picture of himself and someone bumps this thread up again to laugh at him. :p

Old
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
TheChase

The likes of Michael Peca, Mark Parrish, Eric Cairns, Janne Niinimaa, Roman Hamrlik and Dave Scatchard have been popping up in recent trade rumors.
The Islanders are also supposedly interested in Chicago’s Tyler Arnason, Calgary’s Denis Gauthier and Edmonton holdout Mike Comrie.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/nyi15.html

Does this mean that Janne could be back with the Oilers!
I for one, think that this would be so great and fix up
so many of our problems , PP and Defense
What do u think?

Old
12-04-2003, 02:51 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
until two months from now when he changes his avatar to a picture of himself and someone bumps this thread up again to laugh at him. :p
Well, that would be devilishly eevvvil! Very Stewie-esque!

On a side note, I don't consider myself nearly good looking enough to use as an avatar on the internet...hmmm...unless I picture of me beating the crap out of someone in hockey (this seems to be happening more now that I can't hit - damn non-body contact league)!

Old
12-04-2003, 02:56 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersRRRock/Kim
The likes of Michael Peca, Mark Parrish, Eric Cairns, Janne Niinimaa, Roman Hamrlik and Dave Scatchard have been popping up in recent trade rumors.
The Islanders are also supposedly interested in Chicago’s Tyler Arnason, Calgary’s Denis Gauthier and Edmonton holdout Mike Comrie.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/nyi15.html

Does this mean that Janne could be back with the Oilers!
I for one, think that this would be so great and fix up
so many of our problems , PP and Defense
What do u think?
Peca: $4.25 Million; not going to be an Oiler
Parrish: $2.35 Million; I suppose this is possible. It doesn't really address our issues, but he's a good player.
Cairns: who cares what he makes, he's a pylon.
Niinimaa: $2.90 Million; we got rid of him so we could be a little less broke. Considering his knee problems, I doubt we take his salary back on.
Hamrlik: $3.6 Million; not going to be an Oiler.
Scatchard: $1.4 Million; would love to get this guy, but not for Comrie straight up. Perhaps something could be worked out though.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
And when did he trash the city and the fans?

Ummm..when he said he doesnt like living in a fishbowl ..that too me says "ime tired of FANS always stalking me for autographs" and when a home town kid says he DOESNT want to play in his HOME town ..sounds like a SMACKDOWN for the ole home town to me .

Old
12-04-2003, 03:20 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Ummm..when he said he doesnt like living in a fishbowl ..that too me says "ime tired of FANS always stalking me for autographs" and when a home town kid says he DOESNT want to play in his HOME town ..sounds like a SMACKDOWN for the ole home town to me .
If he hated it so much, why is he living there right now? You're a little over-sensitive if you think him not wanting to be under that much scrutiny is trashing the city or the fans.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:27 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
PLEASE MIKE, PLEASE KEVIN...KISS AND MAKE-UP, SHAKE HANDS, HUG, PLAY HACKY SAC, SHARE A MILKSHAKE, TELL EACH OTHER JOKES, SHOW EACH OTHER PHOTO'S FROM YOUR SUMMER HOLIDAYS, GO FOR A WALK IN THE RIVER VALLEY, SHARE ANOTHER MILKSHAKE, KISS AND MAKE UP, PLEASE KISS AND MAKE UP.

ok, maybe I'm taking this a little too far, I don't want them to start dating cuz that would just be weird. but I hope that they can reconsile, I got a friend who's an architect and another friend who is an engineer, and i have lots of trees in my back yard, we can all meet and re-build the bridge that was burnt this summer.

your not a big fan of logic, are you..

Old
12-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Harry Paratestes

vCash:
hey windowlicker ..my ex left me cuz she was a carpetlicker

Closed Thread