HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Blue Jackets @ Predators (11-26-03)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Radulov for Czar*

vCash: 500
GDT: Blue Jackets @ Predators (11-26-03)

7-10-3-1 18 points
vs.

9-10-1-0 19 points

<br><br><br>
When: 7:00 PM CST
Where: Gaylord Entertainment Center; Nashville, TN
TV: None
Radio: 99.7 WTN
Season Series: 1-0-0-0 Nashville
All-Time Series: 9-6-1-0 Nashville

Power play
CBJ 14.8 (20th)
NSH 18.3 (10th)

Penalty kill
CBJ 84.5 (10th)
NSH 81.8 (23rd)

Injuries
Predators: LW Andreas Johansson (concussion), D Tomas Kloucek (shoulder) and D Robert Schnabel (wrist) are out. RW Scott Walker (groin) is questionable.

Blue Jackets: C Espen Knutsen (hip), D Duvie Westcott (ankle), D Derrick Walser (shoulder), RW Tyler Wright (calf) and D Luke Richardson (finger) are out.

The Big Picture

Predators: 5-2 in their last seven games and have won two straight at home.

Blue Jackets: Had won two of their last four games after a 3-3 tie against Edmonton last night, but are still looking for their first road win of the season.

Of Note

• Defenseman Kimmo Timonen had a goal and an assist on Monday, and has seven points in his last six games.

• The Predators are 4-0-1 in their last five home games against Columbus.

• Blue Jackets left wing Rick Nash ranks among the league leaders with 12 goals, but none last night.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:12 AM
AL-Canadian

Two of my favorite teams going at it with several players from my computer league. Would love to see a 5-3 Preds win with Hartnell picking up 3-4 points and Nash/Cassels getting a couple each for the BJs.

My prediction is 4-2 Preds with Preds' Timonen, Hall, Arkhipov and Orszagh scoring. I'll go with Sydor and Cassels for the BJs.

With a big Zidlicky writeup in the latest The Hockey News, I'm for sure not going to snag him with my 10th pick in my upcoming 'rookie' draft. In the player profile, a scout said of Zidlicky, "I like the way he doesn't panic with the puck. That's something you just can't teach a guy."

Old
11-26-2003, 10:13 AM
tulsytrid1

Geez our PK has got to get better. Our PK fowards are really good. We knew our PK would probably suffer a little with the loss of Skrastins but geez.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:25 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Geez our PK has got to get better. Our PK fowards are really good. We knew our PK would probably suffer a little with the loss of Skrastins but geez.
Figure in we have given up 4 5-3 goals into that and we're really about average. No one kills 5-3s very well.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

neckar will help on the PK, i think. plays a similar game to skrastins.

Old
11-26-2003, 12:17 PM
FD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
neckar will help on the PK, i think. plays a similar game to skrastins.
Don't think he plays tonight...from NP.com:
"Neckar will begin practicing with the Predators immediately before a determination is made on when he will play in a game."

Old
11-26-2003, 12:19 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I get to watch the game on center Ice now that I'm finally getting it thank god. I'm looking for a freaken physical game after a week of playing like a bunch of sissies on the road

Old
11-26-2003, 06:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

curses, boards down!

um...let's go preds! let's win!

doh! nash scores!

yay, hall scores!

yay, walker scores!

yay, tootoo nails klesla, beats him up!

WTF, fiddler fights spacek?

early whistle robs hartnell of a goal, doh!

mcdonell scores, waved off when ruled he kicked it in, phew!

walker scores, short-handed!

we want tacos!

eaton gets away with one on vyborny!

malhotra scores a soft goal on vokoun(both were pretty soft!)

predators win! 6-2 in their last 8 games!

Old
11-26-2003, 06:51 PM
hillbilly

I'm just glad to see our team return to our physical style of play. Tootoo had a fire lit under him. Also what was up with that shelley vs. McKenzie fight, man did that suck. good to see Fiddler beat somebody up

Old
11-26-2003, 06:59 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
doh! nash scores!

yay, hall scores!
Stick in a "fire Trotz" or "Vokoun is overrated" in between that and you've got a thread

Did Tootoo work over Klesa as good as it sounded?

Old
11-26-2003, 07:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs

Stick in a "fire Trotz" or "Vokoun is overrated" in between that and you've got a thread

better

Old
11-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:

yes he did wurtzless...he started off fists of fire, bloodied his nose and as the fight ended drove klesla to the ice.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:30 PM
hillbilly

Quote:

I like trotz and Vokoun is under rated as far as what the rest of the NHL thinks of him and Tootoo pretty well dominated Klesla as did fiddler vs. spacek

Old
11-27-2003, 07:07 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I like trotz and Vokoun is under rated as far as what the rest of the NHL thinks of him and Tootoo pretty well dominated Klesla as did fiddler vs. spacek
Yeah, Klesla got his ass handed to him. Nice to see both of these guys willing to get get physical, though. I can't remember the last time I saw either of them fight.(Klesla and Spacek that is) Nashville is always a fun game to watch for us. Next week's game in Columbus is sure to be a spectacle.

Old
11-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-o-45
Yeah, Klesla got his ass handed to him. Nice to see both of these guys willing to get get physical, though. I can't remember the last time I saw either of them fight.(Klesla and Spacek that is) Nashville is always a fun game to watch for us. Next week's game in Columbus is sure to be a spectacle.
A Few Notes:

Nashville really played well. I really wish Columbus could get Barry trotz instead of the weirdo we have now.

We got bambozled by the refs. Why Mark Eatons tackle on David Vyborny wasnt a penalty much less a penalty shot is beyond me.

I was waiting for Doug to throw some sticks on the ice.

Klesla sure got his ass-kicked by Mr. Late-Hit. Ditto for Spacek(Who didnt want to fight.)

Old
11-27-2003, 02:48 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
A Few Notes:

Nashville really played well. I really wish Columbus could get Barry trotz instead of the weirdo we have now.

We got bambozled by the refs. Why Mark Eatons tackle on David Vyborny wasnt a penalty much less a penalty shot is beyond me.

I was waiting for Doug to throw some sticks on the ice.

Klesla sure got his ass-kicked by Mr. Late-Hit. Ditto for Spacek(Who didnt want to fight.)
you do know that spacek threw his gloves off first don't you? what did he want to do shake hands. you don't throw off your gloves like that if your not wanting to fight IMO. and the Late Hit thing. give me an example?

Old
11-27-2003, 02:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
A Few Notes:

trade

to NAS: David Vyborny( I'll be fair. You can keep Nash)
to CBJ: Barry Trotz, the rights to Marian Cisar

Old
11-27-2003, 03:09 PM
CBJSlash

Just curious, but I'm pretty sure Tootoo dropped his gloves first. I thought there was a rule saying that if you wear a face shield then you can't start a fight or something like that. The kid is a wolverine but I don't really respect that he does all his antagonising with that shield. Here's to him taking it off. We'll see what happends next week.

Old
11-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
you do know that spacek threw his gloves off first don't you? what did he want to do shake hands. you don't throw off your gloves like that if your not wanting to fight IMO. and the Late Hit thing. give me an example?
Hmm, it sure didnt look like that to me. I could be wrong though,. Any Video?

I feel that TooToo is the king of Late Hits. I consider a late hit to be 5 Seconds after the player has gotten rid of the puck. Part of this has to do with Too Too lininig people up before he even gets on the ice.

And as far as I know, you can start fights with a visor on. But I do know that it is considered an unwritten rule in most forms of hockey that you dont go around starting fights wearing a visor or a cage. Just not smart.

Old
11-27-2003, 04:33 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Hmm, it sure didnt look like that to me. I could be wrong though,. Any Video?

I feel that TooToo is the king of Late Hits. I consider a late hit to be 5 Seconds after the player has gotten rid of the puck. Part of this has to do with Too Too lininig people up before he even gets on the ice.

And as far as I know, you can start fights with a visor on. But I do know that it is considered an unwritten rule in most forms of hockey that you dont go around starting fights wearing a visor or a cage. Just not smart.
in fact I do have it on video, Spacek threw his gloves off first then Fiddler dropped his. he openly challenged Fiddler IMO. All Fiddler did was answer the bell. so if your rule is people with a visor shouldn't start fights then you should bash spacek just as bad. I don't really have a problem with Tootoo wearing a visor and fighting. Klesla obviously challenged or else Tootoo wouldn't have started Teeing off on him. IMO

Old
11-27-2003, 05:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Actually, Klesla did swing at Tootoo a couple of time first, I was sitting right in front of them

Old
11-27-2003, 05:43 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Actually, Klesla did swing at Tootoo a couple of time first, I was sitting right in front of them
As was I, watched the whole play. Tootoo hit Klesla, Klesla swung at Tootoo with gloves on, Tootoo dropped his and proceeded to clean his clock. Shelley and Grand-Pierre took exception and Shelley tried to get Tootoo to fight him near the end. Tootoo was smart enough to skate away though.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:28 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
As was I, watched the whole play. Tootoo hit Klesla, Klesla swung at Tootoo with gloves on, Tootoo dropped his and proceeded to clean his clock. Shelley and Grand-Pierre took exception and Shelley tried to get Tootoo to fight him near the end. Tootoo was smart enough to skate away though.
IMO shelley was doing a good job for the blue jackets. you can't let Tootoo run around all night thinking there are no reprocussions. I'm glad Tootoo turned him down but somebody has to answer the bell when Tootoo is getting chased around by the heavies from other teams. whether it be Allison, Brookbank, or McKenzie somebody should do it.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:22 PM
CBJSlash

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing Tootoo. I think everybody would like to have one of him on there team. I'm just saying that someone who plays that abrasive antagonising style, should do without the face shield. It's not like he isn't going to start a fight or 2 in his career. Yea Spacek wear's a face shield but I think that was the first fight he has been in in the time he's been on the team. Should be a good one next week.

Old
11-27-2003, 08:06 PM
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash
Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing Tootoo. I think everybody would like to have one of him on there team. I'm just saying that someone who plays that abrasive antagonising style, should do without the face shield. It's not like he isn't going to start a fight or 2 in his career. Yea Spacek wear's a face shield but I think that was the first fight he has been in in the time he's been on the team. Should be a good one next week.
spacek fought Nelson eminger last year I think thats how you spell it, don't know if he was on the jackets though. I don't really care if Tootoo wears a shield it can be discarded if challenged and there is a square off. Hartnell does it so why can't Tootoo, and he has shedded it against Danton. Schnabel also wears a shield and fights. I don't really see anything wrong with it

Closed Thread