Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Todd White status

Old
01-19-2007, 03:05 PM
phil macrackin

vCash: 500
Todd White status

Have they announced yet how long White will be out of the lineup? For that matter, have they even said what his injury is?

phil macrackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/943374.html

Quote:
White, a fixture between top scorers Brian Rolston and Pierre-Marc Bouchard since training camp, had to be driven to Xcel Energy Center on Wednesday by his wife. He walked into the locker room with the aid of crutches and was wearing a soft cast over his entire right leg.

Lynn said White sustained a "lower body" injury and will miss at least a week. White "will have to be re-evaluated after a week for a better timetable," Lynn said.

It looked like it was his knee- he looked worse off than Foster, and Foster is out for a month.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 01:42 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
I got him a goals only hockey pool and he got injured the day after our last redraft

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Kneecaps

We probably won't hear anything about him until after tonight. Or have I missed something?

Kneecaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Red Ice

Is he an UFA next year? He's not flashy, but he RARELY makes mistakes and I think Lemaire likes his steady play. What do you think the wild should do, and if you think the wild should deal him, who would replace him? Koivu? Who would take Koivu's spot?

Red Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 11:21 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice View Post
Is he an UFA next year? He's not flashy, but he RARELY makes mistakes and I think Lemaire likes his steady play. What do you think the wild should do, and if you think the wild should deal him, who would replace him? Koivu? Who would take Koivu's spot?
we did bring in moore...

right now we got:
Walz
White
Koivu
Moore
Smith

someone isn't coming back.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
ceber

Walz and White are both UFA, I believe.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 01:02 PM
The Big E

I can't envision Walz not signing a new contract. I think he's got a contract for as long as he wants to play. After so many years, he knows when he's got it good. I think that Moore might be a long-term replacement for him, but Wes ain't hangin' 'em up anytime soon.

Also consider that we've got Sheppard and Irmen coming up. When Walz retires (2-4 years from now), I foresee Sheppard or Irmen slotting in like:

Koivu
Sheppard
Irmen (crash-n-bang)
Moore (shutdown)

I'm among those who think we'll let Todd White go in the summer. He may be asking a lot (we'll see in about two months time). It's not that I don't like White's play (I do), but I think that there's a strong possibility that we'll trade Manny and I think one of our short-term needs is an experienced centerman to fill in until Sheppard and/or Irmen are ready. Maybe that fill-in guy is White (his chemistry with Butch & Rolston is great), but I think that without White and Manny's salary's we could afford a pretty good centerman and an upgrade from White.

Apologies to Wyatt Smith ... I just don't see him with the Wild after this season.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote