HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

34 games left

Old
01-20-2007, 02:43 PM
StanAjax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
Best scenario.

we play very good hockey, Ottawa and Carolina play just a tad better.

we finish in the 6th spot and get Atlanta in the 1st round. A dream come true.

ok nevermind, might as well finish 4th and play up to our capabilities.
Hmm, I would not be so happy about facing Atlanta in the playoffs. Remember how Carolina beat the crap out of us in the regular season last year and how we scared them until Koivu went down...

That and that Sout-East bad karma we have... I would certainly not "hope" to face Atlanta based on our regular season record against them.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
Hmm, I would not be so happy about facing Atlanta in the playoffs. Remember how Carolina beat the crap out of us in the regular season last year and how we scared them until Koivu went down...

That and that Sout-East bad karma we have... I would certainly not "hope" to face Atlanta based on our regular season record against them.
I think the Habs match up well against Atlanta, though. The Atlanta D is really very bad, and the goaltending can be shaky. Further, Hossa and Kovalchuk don't seem as effective against the Habs as they do other teams.

Anyhow, I can't think of any team I'd really hate to see Montreal face in the playoffs. NJ is probably the only team I think would be a considerable favourite over Montreal.

That's not to say I'd expect Montreal to beat anyone other than NJ so much as I don't believe Buffalo, Ottawa, Atlanta, NYR, or any of the other team is that much better of a playoff club than the Habs. Every team has their flaws, and Montreal matches up pretty well against all of 'em.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 04:05 PM
StanAjax

Well, last year, there were these Théo and Cole factors that made the playoff matchup a lot different from the regular season games...

I, too, would be confident against any team but the Devils at this point, but there's a lot of hockey to be played before the playoffs start.

I could very well see Lehtonen catching fire and making up for that crappy defense...

If there's something to hope, it's that our Habs keep playing like they can. And we'll be fine.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote