HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kapanen to the First Line

Old
01-19-2007, 09:33 PM
PhillyFlyers1796

vCash: 500
Kapanen to the First Line

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...p.asp?ID=43684

"On Friday, they made a lineup change, moving right wing Sami Kapanen to the first line, where he will join Peter Forsberg and Simon Gagne. Kapanen replaces Mike Knuble, who will join Jeff Carter and Kyle Calder on the second line."

At this point, why not? Nothing else is working. Knuble with carter and calder sounds good to me.

The devils will probably score in the first 5 minutes tomorrow and the lines will go back to normal anyway...

PhillyFlyers1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 10:20 PM
mikedifr

Shouldnt have moved Calder in the first place. What an incompetent idiot this guy is.

GO BACK TO THE AHL

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 11:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
If John Stevens had any balls he'd take Simon Gagne off the top line and see if he can handle having Forsberg on a different line.

Sami don't do much offensively. I bought his jersey because I've always been a big fan of his back to his Hartford days, but let's be real, he has hands of stone, his role should be shutdown line.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 12:17 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
If John Stevens had any balls he'd take Simon Gagne off the top line and see if he can handle having Forsberg on a different line.

Sami don't do much offensively. I bought his jersey because I've always been a big fan of his back to his Hartford days, but let's be real, he has hands of stone, his role should be shutdown line.
I would be all for taking Gagne off the top line, but then who plays with him? This team doesnt have another competent center that fits with him. The idiot coach and GM screwed up with the one other guy on this team that showed good chemistry with Gagne (Robitaille)

Old
01-20-2007, 07:22 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I would be all for taking Gagne off the top line, but then who plays with him? This team doesnt have another competent center that fits with him. The idiot coach and GM screwed up with the one other guy on this team that showed good chemistry with Gagne (Robitaille)
Does it really matter who he plays with? If Forsberg doesn't come back next year, it would be nice to see if Gagne and Carter can play together on a consistent basis.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Kaktus*

Well he finally put Calder and Carter back together thats good.
Kapanen played very well this season while Knuble disappeared in last 5 games.
I think this is a better move then putting York with Carter however I do not think Kapanen will stay on top line for a very long time.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 11:27 AM
PhillyFlyers1796

Sanderson-Forsberg-Afanasankov
Gagne-Richards-Umberger
Calder-Carter-Knuble
Fedoruk-Kapanen-Eager

Id like to see those tried. Calder and Gagne are around the same age...Calder has already shown chemistry with carter, it wouldnt hurt to expose gagne to richards and see if anything happens.

York needs to go bye bye.

Last edited by PhillyFlyers1796: 01-20-2007 at 11:35 AM.
PhillyFlyers1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Jester

Quote:
Does it really matter who he plays with? If Forsberg doesn't come back next year, it would be nice to see if Gagne and Carter can play together on a consistent basis.
Gagne will be playing with whomever they sign during the offseason... the solution to replacing Forsberg on the top-line is not currently on the roster... or at least, it shouldn't be. Carter may develop into a top-line center, but he hasn't proven he's close yet... no one else has that type of skill-set.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
The only problem I see with Carter playing with Gagne, is that we expect them two to be our best finishers, and I dont think it would be a good idea to play them on the same line. Carter has shown that he has great passing skills, he just doesnt have the thought process of a playmaker at this time.

Outside of Forsberg, with the players on the roster, I see Richards as the best to play with Gagne. If they draft/sign a big time winger that is a good playmaker rather then a center, for argument's sake Cheraponov, I see Gagne Richards Cheraponov.

If the two wingers are good, you dont necessarily need a top center. If Rucchin can play between Kariya and Selanne, Richards can play between Gagne and another good winger.

That is with who is on the roster though. I agree with Jester in that they will probably sign one of the big center to play that spot.

Old
01-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

SanFilippo (I've never had to spell that name before, weird) claims the Flyers want to re-sign Kapanen to a multi-year deal. It better be less than $1 million per.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:48 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
SanFilippo (I've never had to spell that name before, weird) claims the Flyers want to re-sign Kapanen to a multi-year deal. It better be less than $1 million per.
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
nooooooooooooooooooooooo
It's hilarious how reports are that Homer wants to trade ALL impending UFAs (including Calder and Forsberg) yet he wants to sign Kapanen, who is miles less useful than some of the players about to be traded.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 10:42 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
It's hilarious how reports are that Homer wants to trade ALL impending UFAs (including Calder and Forsberg) yet he wants to sign Kapanen, who is miles less useful than some of the players about to be traded.
I wouldnt mind resigning him to one year so that none of our young guys need to waste away on a 4th line, but that is all I want Kapanen here for is that 4th line. He is my favorite player on the team, but multi year deal??? Come on now. I am getting very scared about Holmgren. Very scared.

Not to mention that when he was talking about prospects today he mentioned Esposito and Turris (sp?)

What about Couture, Gagner, Kane, etc. Did he talk about these guys in another game? I hope they dont screw up this draft pick. I wouldnt put it past this organization to screw up a #1 or #2 pick.