HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal Flyers - Avs

Old
01-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Hatcher is a machine
Oh, he's a machine alright. A vacuum -- a machine that sucks.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
I'll go on record as predicting if taded Philly fans wll be disapointed with the return for Forsberg.
I'll go on record that if traded, Forsberg doesn't resign with Philly over the Summer.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 07:30 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

vCash: 500
Quote:
Hello in Avs land!

Would you make this highly speculative trade?

To the Avs: Forsberg, Hatcher, Esche (UFA)

To Flyers: Theodore, 07 firstrounder, Hensick, Vaananen (UFA) and Arnason (UFA)

Might give the Avs a chance to reach PO this season, while not giving up much to next (cup run) season except taking on Hatchers salary (and getting rid of Theodore's).
As horrific as this proposal is, it's probably fairly similar to one the Avs will have to swallow if they want to move Theodore - and I'm talking about the slug Hatcher and his silly contract.

But, no thanks. We have a few guys out there already who can't play defense, and they're only costing us between $1M and $3M per year, and only for another year. We don't need Hatcher's awful deal hanging over us for the next number of years.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Horsehouse

If Forsberg is to come to Colorado, FG better get serious about it...

Rangers keeping close tabs on Peter

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Osstrayan
#murderskate

Send a message via AIM to Osstrayan Send a message via MSN to Osstrayan
when you are talking about 'we', let's get a clarification of what you're talking about because I don't know whose side of the fence you are coming from here....

While you may have 'followed' the avs for 10 years, you're obviously new around here, because the Forsberg scenario has been beaten to death in the past few months. While most love him, it seems the general opinion is that they don't miss the daily questions of if he will be healthy enough to play in the next game....We have a good young core, and giving what we would have to give for Peter is counter-active to what we are trying to accomplish here.

And Foppa and Sakic are two separate individuals, so there's no need to keep bringing up Sakic. He will re-sign with the avs, and that is that

Osstrayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 07:49 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse house View Post
If Forsberg is to come to Colorado, FG better get serious about it...

Rangers keeping close tabs on Peter
I'm not sure about you.... but I have a hard time thinking the Flyers & Rangers, divisional rivals, make a trade of the magnitude. I know it's happened before.... but the NYR better offer a nice package if they want him.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:59 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
A machine
Oh no, I thought this round mark was limited to the Flyers board...

We are probably stuck with Hatcher, although he's not our worst defender, not saying much though...

What about Gauthier in a Foppa/Theodore trade? We need to get rid of either him or Hatcher since they are pretty similar types and aquire an offensive d-man. And then pairing him with Cumiskey? Do you have his kind of player on your team? Either you would have to take on some negative assett or giving up some positive IMO.

The Avs are rumoured to be willing to give up a firstrounder to unload Theodore and the Flyers might be given a firstrounder and a prospect for anyone willing to gamble on Forsberg. Not to mention the PR, making it more likely Flurpa might end up in Rangers?

Point is my prediction of a very competitive and priceworthy Avs roster the next year, that wouldn't want to be tied by cap space limitations from a buy-out (2 million) But of course you could always wait til the off-season and sign a center without giving up anything...

Reference: the Malakhov to SJ for a firstrounder.

I wonder what PL would have done?

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 03:25 AM
KL*

Quote:
The Avs are rumoured to be willing to give up a firstrounder to unload Theodore
Link, please.

KL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 03:51 AM
Pure

Take out the 1st rounder and our prospect and this MIGHT be reasonable. Taking on Hatcher is more then enough negative asset for Foppa.

Pure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Oh no, I thought this round mark was limited to the Flyers board...

We are probably stuck with Hatcher, although he's not our worst defender, not saying much though...

What about Gauthier in a Foppa/Theodore trade? We need to get rid of either him or Hatcher since they are pretty similar types and aquire an offensive d-man. And then pairing him with Cumiskey? Do you have his kind of player on your team? Either you would have to take on some negative assett or giving up some positive IMO.

The Avs are rumoured to be willing to give up a firstrounder to unload Theodore and the Flyers might be given a firstrounder and a prospect for anyone willing to gamble on Forsberg. Not to mention the PR, making it more likely Flurpa might end up in Rangers?

Point is my prediction of a very competitive and priceworthy Avs roster the next year, that wouldn't want to be tied by cap space limitations from a buy-out (2 million) But of course you could always wait til the off-season and sign a center without giving up anything...

Reference: the Malakhov to SJ for a firstrounder.

I wonder what PL would have done?
I wouldnt mind having Gauthier at all, he's not the best D in the NHL , he get caught out of position , after a hit from time to time but the important part is that he can hit. Plus the second important point in favor to get Gauthier with the Avs is that , Just like Lappy his Best Friend is... Sean Avery . Guys think of all the "affection" that Lappy and Gauthier could give to Avery

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 04:49 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LS9 View Post
What exactly are the expecting for a guy who can't stay healthy? His trade value is at an all time low right now. The Flyers are nuts if they think somebody is going to give them a 1st rounder or a top prospect. Foppa for Theo straight up is almost a equal trade. Both players have lost alot of value.
Forsberg with his injuries and upcoming UFA has zero value. Theo with his marginal backup goalie skills and big contract for next year has huge negative value.

Forsberg straight for Theodore will never ever happen. They could waive Forsberg, trade him for a 6th rounder, they could do so many better things than take Theodore for him.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy_Avs_Fan View Post
I wouldnt mind having Gauthier at all, he's not the best D in the NHL , he get caught out of position , after a hit from time to time but the important part is that he can hit. Plus the second important point in favor to get Gauthier with the Avs is that , Just like Lappy his Best Friend is... Sean Avery . Guys think of all the "affection" that Lappy and Gauthier could give to Avery

Forsberg once answered a question about if there were any nice women in the US. The answer was: Elisabeth Cuthbert...Avery's girlfriend. I wonder if that was directed to Avery...

Old
01-21-2007, 05:24 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Forsberg with his injuries and upcoming UFA has zero value. Theo with his marginal backup goalie skills and big contract for next year has huge negative value.

Forsberg straight for Theodore will never ever happen. They could waive Forsberg, trade him for a 6th rounder, they could do so many better things than take Theodore for him.
If we (Flyers) only get Prucha for him, I will puke.

Old
01-21-2007, 07:05 PM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalcyx View Post
when you are talking about 'we', let's get a clarification of what you're talking about because I don't know whose side of the fence you are coming from here....

While you may have 'followed' the avs for 10 years, you're obviously new around here, because the Forsberg scenario has been beaten to death in the past few months. While most love him, it seems the general opinion is that they don't miss the daily questions of if he will be healthy enough to play in the next game....We have a good young core, and giving what we would have to give for Peter is counter-active to what we are trying to accomplish here.

And Foppa and Sakic are two separate individuals, so there's no need to keep bringing up Sakic. He will re-sign with the avs, and that is that
You might want to consider copying some of the text you are replying to, so we can tell to whom your post is directed.

-AB

Old
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
bfire

haha imagine a pairing of Hatcher and Brisebois

bfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Bam Beet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfire View Post
haha imagine a pairing of Hatcher and Brisebois
Yea I know, almost as bad as Hal Gill and Hatcher. At least Brisebois can skate.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Horsehouse

Quote:
I sure hope that means Elisha Cuthbert can come to some games. In trading Theo, we lose the prospect of Paris coming to some but ok with that trade-off

I'd like Gauthier to come. He may over-pursue a hit but I think thats better than not hitting at all. as long he doesn't have to try to hit ovechkin he'd be fine

Gauthier vs Ovechkin for those who haven't seen it

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse house View Post
I sure hope that means Elisha Cuthbert can come to some games. In trading Theo, we lose the prospect of Paris coming to some but ok with that trade-off

I'd like Gauthier to come. He may over-pursue a hit but I think thats better than not hitting at all. as long he doesn't have to try to hit ovechkin he'd be fine

Gauthier vs Ovechkin for those who haven't seen it
Btw , just making sure that we all talk about the same girl :

Kinda makes you wonder how Avery was able to do that

Old
01-22-2007, 09:07 AM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
I wouldnt mind having Gauthier at all, he's not the best D in the NHL , he get caught out of position , after a hit from time to time but the important part is that he can hit.
Gauthier would be a good addition for the Avs, his foot speed notwithstanding.

-AB

Old
01-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Btw , just making sure that we all talk about the same girl :

Kinda makes you wonder how Avery was able to do that
She probably hates French too.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 07:53 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Do you have a problem with French people???? Want to know something? the French avs fan is not french but french canadian..but maybe you are to stupid to know this???

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 08:03 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Do you have a problem with French people???? Want to know something? the French avs fan is not french but french canadian..but maybe you are to stupid to know this???
What are you talking about? I hope you're being sarcastic cause Hasbro seemed to be hinting at the fact that Avery has said less than flattering things about fc hockey players. Ya know...Avery dislikes the French-Canadian Visor wearing community...Avery dates Cuthbert...yea?

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
How could I hate the province that gave us poutine and Lanny Barbie?

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How could I hate the province that gave us poutine and Lanny Barbie?
That's cool Hasbro , but in fact that chick is from the Montréal region , she's from GreenfeildPark . Do you remember that she was in a kid Show , PMK ... wow things sure change ... for the better

MikeC , Dont get Mad at a member coz he's just teasin and having fun