HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tb/edm/nyi

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 09:20 AM
mbam99

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mbam99
Tb/edm/nyi

Hows this for an idea...

To Edmonton:
Vinny Lecavillier
Andre Roy (injured)

To NYI:
Mike Comrie
Rita

To TB:
Mike Peca
George Laraque

Just thought I'd toss it out. I've liked Lecavillier since he started in the league...
Thoughts?

Old
12-05-2003, 09:23 AM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

if that offer was on the table, I think that would be a trade that would really help us out.

Old
12-05-2003, 09:24 AM
Cerebral

It's nice to dream but Tampa has absolutely no reason to give up on Lecavallier. Likewise, they don't really need Peca. They're set up the middle with Richards and Vinny and would be foolish to move the latter for an older and less valuable player..

Old
12-05-2003, 09:28 AM
kruezer

That would be laughed at by Jay Feaster, he may have given up a chance at Pitkanen, but he won't trade Lecavalier.

Old
12-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Yanner39

Given a good deal, I wouldn't see why Vinny wouldn't be moved. He seems to be on the outs with Tortorella. He bashed him in the french media the other day in Mtl and Tbay as a team has somewhat cooled off.

Now should that result in a trade, probably not but I was listenning to the pre-game show last night (Sens - Tbay) and the Team1200 guys were saying that Lecavalier needs to grow up and that Tortorella doesn't care if Vinny is the star.

I dunno, I think they could trade him. For Comrie alone, probably not.

Last edited by Yanner39: 12-05-2003 at 10:01 AM.
Old
12-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbam99
Hows this for an idea...

To Edmonton:
Vinny Lecavillier
Andre Roy (injured)

To NYI:
Mike Comrie
Rita

To TB:
Mike Peca
George Laraque

Just thought I'd toss it out. I've liked Lecavillier since he started in the league...
Thoughts?
I like the idea (for us, anyway), but I would think Rita'd have to go to TBay, not the Isles, and the Isles would probably have to pay some of Peca's salary ($2-3 million total over the next two years, I would guess) I would probably throw a third or fourth pick the Isles way (from TBay) to balance it out

So,

To EDM
Lecavallier
Roy

To NYI
Comrie (provied he signs for around $2mil/season for 3 years)
3rd round pick (from TBay)

To TBay
Peca ($2 million salary paid)
Rita
Laraque

Keep in mind a) I think I'm horrible at putting together these types of things b) this doesn't take into account anything but our own needs.

I think Peca's the typ of guy TBay would want as apposed to Comrie, but maybe we leave the Isles out of the equation:

To EDM
Lecavalier
Roy

To TBay
Comrie
Rita
Laraque, or Horcoff & 4th round pick

Thoughts?

Old
12-05-2003, 11:21 AM
camboy

Quote:
Hows this for an idea...

To Edmonton:
Vinny Lecavillier
Andre Roy (injured)

To NYI:
Mike Comrie
Rita

To TB:
Mike Peca
George Laraque

Thoughts?

Best proposal I have heard yet!! Good job.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:35 AM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by camboy
Best proposal I have heard yet!! Good job.
No, it's a terrible proposal. TB would NEVER give up Lecavalier and Roy for Peca and Laraque.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Tidus

I wouldn't want Roy if he's the same player he was in Ottawa a couple years back. He was a decent fighter but he took extremely dumb penalties at all the wrong times. But if we could somehow get Vinny out of TB that would be awesome.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:44 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Given a good deal, I wouldn't see why Vinny wouldn't be moved. He seems to be on the outs with Tortorella. He bashed him in the french media the other day in Mtl and Tbay as a team has somewhat cooled off.

Now should that result in a trade, probably not but I was listenning to the pre-game show last night (Sens - Tbay) and the Team1200 guys were saying that Lecavalier needs to grow up and that Tortorella doesn't care if Vinny is the star.
It doesn't really matter if Tortorella is on the outs with Vinny or not. Unless a massive overpay occurs, Tampa isn't dealing Vincent for anyone. Tortorella would be fired first if things don't get resolved. He can't control who is traded and who is not. Tampa's GM can.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:52 PM
camboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
No, it's a terrible proposal. TB would NEVER give up Lecavalier and Roy for Peca and Laraque.

I was referring to Lecavalier in an Edmonton uniform part of the proposal. You are right...Laraque and Peca is no where near enough.
How about Comrie, Semenov, Laraque and Rita for Lecavalier and Kubina? Just dreaming...ya know.

Old
12-05-2003, 09:33 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
It doesn't really matter if Tortorella is on the outs with Vinny or not. Unless a massive overpay occurs, Tampa isn't dealing Vincent for anyone. Tortorella would be fired first if things don't get resolved. He can't control who is traded and who is not. Tampa's GM can.
My thought exactly.

Old
12-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Oil_in_my_veins

Quote:
Hows this for an idea...

To Edmonton:
Vinny Lecavillier
Andre Roy (injured)

To NYI:
Mike Comrie
Rita

To TB:
Mike Peca
George Laraque

Thoughts?
keep dreaming...

Lecavillier is the franchise, never happen. Even if you threw in Ryan Smyth it would never happen.

Old
12-06-2003, 03:36 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
First of all, there are no untouchables in this league. Secondly, When a player publicly rips his coach in the media like Vinny did in Mtl last Tuesday, any GM won't go for that. If Feaster wants to make it known to other GM around the league that Vinny's available, the offers will line up and I'm not convinced you'd have to overpay to get him. JMO.

Closed Thread